+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Post Lockdown Football

Post Lockdown Football

Perhaps every season should be scheduled like this one, be fair these last few weeks have been a hell of a rollercoaster in the Championship. Shame about the behind closed doors, can you imagine what our away following would be like, not just us either, the grounds would be jumping. What a miss it’s going to be after next Wednesday for those that don’t make the play offs, it’s a merry go round nearly every night, checking scores, checking the in match changing league table. I was dubious about a summer restart but it’s been a blast.

Re: Post Lockdown Football

I agree - 2 games/week in mid summer for the last 10 games- with crowds would be something else.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Perhaps every season should be scheduled like this one, be fair these last few weeks have been a hell of a rollercoaster in the Championship. Shame about the behind closed doors, can you imagine what our away following would be like, not just us either, the grounds would be jumping. What a miss it’s going to be after next Wednesday for those that don’t make the play offs, it’s a merry go round nearly every night, checking scores, checking the in match changing league table. I was dubious about a summer restart but it’s been a blast.
    I’ve found the exact opposite with nearly all of the games being dreary and struggling to hold my interest.

It MUST have something to do with there being no crowd; I’ve just found myself not being bothered about most of the games for some reason 🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I’ve found the exact opposite with nearly all of the games being dreary and struggling to hold my interest.

It MUST have something to do with there being no crowd; I’ve just found myself not being bothered about most of the games for some reason ��*♂️
    It’s not all about watching the games for me though Bobby, I haven’t watched a ball being kicked tonight but have enjoyed the nipping back and fore to BBC Sport to check how our rivals are doing, I’m loving the constant football whether watching or not, the updates are compulsive.

I was dubious and pretty nonplussed about it coming back but I've loved it, it's like a mixture of Christmas fixtures and an international tournament

It’s not all about watching the games for me though Bobby, I haven’t watched a ball being kicked tonight but have enjoyed the nipping back and fore to BBC Sport to check how our rivals are doing, I’m loving the constant football whether watching or not, the updates are compulsive.
    Oh I seeeeeeeeee. My mistake.

Yes the compressed nature of the remainder of the season does mean that a lot can happen in a short period of time 👍

agree with this.

There’s been some great games, lots of drama and some truly phenomenal goals.

The football authorities get a lot of stick from supporters, but I reckon they deserve great credit for getting the game in this country back underway and the 2019/20 season completed.

I’ve asked this before and I’ll ask it again: how do the football supporters (and particularly the City fans) who were opposed to the restart and wanted the season abandoned feel about it now?

It MUST have something to do with there being no crowd; I’ve just found myself not being bothered about most of the games for some reason ��*♂️
    I agree and in addition if the game has no relevance on City or doesn't involve City I really struggle. I saw Burnley v Wolves was on BBC but meant nothing so I went I did some gardening.

It would be a bloody steal if we could make the playoffs and against all odds go up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

The football authorities get a lot of stick from supporters, but I reckon they deserve great credit for getting the game in this country back underway and the 2019/20 season completed.

I’ve asked this before and I’ll ask it again: how do the football supporters (and particularly the City fans) who were opposed to the restart and wanted the season abandoned feel about it now?
    I haven’t seen or heard of one ‘great game’ since the restart.

That is just rubbish.

I haven’t seen or heard of one ‘great game’ since the restart.

That is just rubbish.
    As a City fan, the Leeds and Preston games were great for me, as was Bristol City for the result alone. I’ve enjoyed watching Man City, strangely enough the game they lost at Southampton was an ‘Alamo’ type win for the Saints which I enjoyed, perhaps, more than their 5-0 blitzing of sides (didn’t watch their game tonight). Sheffield United destroying Chelsea was very watchable as well, there’s been some smashing games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I thought the league should have been scrapped.

From a City perspective I'm delighted they are still in the hunt. Apart from our games I've not been able to watch more than 5 mins of a game without losing interest.

I haven’t seen or heard of one ‘great game’ since the restart. That is just rubbish.
    I suppose that depends on your definition of 'great'. And let's not forget that you're a bit of a ****.....

I've enjoyed plenty of games since the restart and several have produced great entertainment, such as Man City thumping the champions 4-0 in a match that could have comfortably had ten goals, the dramatic play-off semi-final second legs in League Two, West Ham's last-gasp 3-2 victory over Chelsea, Sheffield United walloping Chelsea 3-0, Bournemouth's amazing victory over Leicester on Sunday, etc.

Of course, plenty of the games have also been uneventful, but that's football. Anyone who watches the game on a regular basis will know that matches are seldom great and most are instantly forgettable, so what's happened since the restart is hardly new. But I'm very glad football has returned and I've found the whole thing very entertaining by comparison to the lockdown months.

You haven't enjoyed it? Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Im really enjoying the end of the Championship.

Probably because we are right in the mix for the play offs.

Havent watched a PL game apart from the odd glance when flicking through channels.

Finding out we could have signed Benarama( spellling??) and Watkins and still had a million plus in change for what we paid for Madine is a bit depressing.

Brentford will do allright next season if they go up I reckon. Hope they overtake West Brom.