+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pro contracts for three Academy players

Pro contracts for three Academy players

Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce that three players from the Academy have now signed professional contracts.

Kieron Evans, Rubin Colwill and Isaak Davies have put pen-to-paper on new deals that will see them link up with Steve Morison’s U23 squad for the 2020/21 season.

All three of our new professionals progressed through Cardiff City's Academy system from a young age.

Re: Pro contracts for three Academy players

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce that three players from the Academy have now signed professional contracts.

Kieron Evans, Rubin Colwill and Isaak Davies have put pen-to-paper on new deals that will see them link up with Steve Morison’s U23 squad for the 2020/21 season.

All three of our new professionals progressed through Cardiff City's Academy system from a young age.
    1 year or 2 year deal?

I've heard Isaak Davies' name mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I've heard Isaak Davies' name mentioned before.
    He looked a great prospect a couple of years ago, hard working, mobile, good skills and a fine finisher, but he's had some injuries since then and they've held him back I feel. He's certainly one of the best striking prospects I've seen at the club at Academy level.

Keiron Evans is a skilful winger/number ten type who can also finish well- I'd say the biggest question mark about him in going up to Under 23 level will be how he does physically.

Loramski compared Rubin Colwill to Jason Fowler last year and I can certainly see the similarities - he is already big enough to play senior football, but he was used as a sub quite often by the Under 18s, so I wonder if there is a stamina issue? More than anyone else, he was the one among the current crop of youngsters who would come up with something truly eye catching every now and then, he's the type of player I'd love to see make it with City.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Good news, it is always nice to see Academy players progress. Good luck to them.

A bit more detail on these players here (no length of contract mentioned though). Bagan and Mayembe had already signed deals.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-new-pros-sign

Not much to add to TOBW's assessment of them. Evans and Davies both popped up with goals for the under-23s towards the end of the season, Davies got three from one start and a couple of sub appearances (having only got three from sixteen league starts for the Academy). Bizarrely, one more goal would've made him joint top scorer for the under-23s, Mark Harris led the way with four.

Davies also got one in the FA Youth Cup game against Ipswich in an excellent all round performance. I did a small write up on him at the time in the Academy thread.

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5030771

Good luck to them. The pandemic may see more chances for youngsters, wishful thinking that Cardiff will do this though