+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: the three clubs relegated from the prem

the three clubs relegated from the prem

looks likely to be the current bottom three, but whatever the final result. Which of our players would get into any of those teams?

Re: the three clubs relegated from the prem

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    looks likely to be the current bottom three, but whatever the final result. Which of our players would get into any of those teams?
    Morrison and Smithies. That's about it, unless we include Bournemouth's centre mids who are terrible.

yep I would have gone for Morrison.
    are our centre mids really any better than Bournemouth's?
    I quite like that Lerma fella

I don't think Watford are safe yet.

It is a very good question... :-/

yep I would have gone for Morrison.
    are our centre mids really any better than Bournemouth's?
    I quite like that Lerma fella
    Gosling has been starting in recent weeks. I'd take Ralls over him. Not much in it anyway. I conveniently forgot Norwich but they're so bad it's understandable I'm more of our side would get in .

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Gosling has been starting in recent weeks. I'd take Ralls over him. Not much in it anyway. I conveniently forgot Norwich but they're so bad it's understandable I'm more of our side would get in .
    Norwich are weak in Central defence and centre mid I think, again maybe Morisson, and possibly a Ralls, but our centre mids are ok but uninspiring.

A fully fit Tomlin could be a surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    A fully fit Tomlin could be a surprise
    As in actually being fully fit?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    As in actually being fully fit?
    Now now, stop being naughty Splotty lol

Norwich are weak in Central defence and centre mid I think, again maybe Morisson, and possibly a Ralls, but our centre mids are ok but uninspiring.
    Agreed but there's not a lot of differences between our midfield and a lot of the bottom half. Our players aren't as bad as people think and we just need to make gradual improvements. Our main problem is we're punchless.

Agreed but there's not a lot of differences between our midfield and a lot of the bottom half. Our players aren't as bad as people think and we just need to make gradual improvements. Our main problem is we're punchless.
    Oh I don't disagree, our midfield are basically fine. They do the job without being outstanding in any particular department. They are the Ford Mondeo of midfields.

I'd say most of the premier league sides, even the ones in trouble have at least one player who is a level above - either with the ball or without it.

Oh I don't disagree, our midfield are basically fine. They do the job without being outstanding in any particular department. They are the Ford Mondeo of midfields.

I'd say most of the premier league sides, even the ones in trouble have at least one player who is a level above - either with the ball or without it.
    Well yes but that's where we'd have to improve but we've got some decent squad players but we need some first team regulars.

This seems to be the common consensus but we are 4th top scorers in the league and will probably end up only a couple of goals short from a few seasons ago.

On the other hand our defensive record is very poor.
    To the original question very few maybe Morrison. I haven't seen a great deal of premier league football this year so not the best judge

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    This seems to be the common consensus but we are 4th top scorers in the league and will probably end up only a couple of goals short from a few seasons ago.

On the other hand our defensive record is very poor.
    To the original question very few maybe Morrison. I haven't seen a great deal of premier league football this year so not the best judge
    We were really poor defensively under Warnock, and got hit for 6 vs QPR. Since then we've conceded 17 goals in 18 games. I would say we've had more games where we should have won because we didn't take our chances, rather than we've been lucky to win but perhaps I have rose tinted glasses.