+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike I know this is really politics but..........

Mike I know this is really politics but..........

Could you please leave it on here for the time being as I think it deserves a wider response.

Boris Johnson has stripped Julian Lewis of the Conservative whip after he was elected as Chair of the Intelligence and Security Committee instead of Chris "failing" Grayling the Governments choice.

They say he colluded with the opposition to win the vote.

The chair of the committee as with all backbench committee should be a choice of the committee not the Government

This is is really of the most fatuous, stupid and idiotic decisions by a Government that is becoming prone to them.

It strikes to the heart of our parliamentary democracy.

And for those who don't know Julian Lewis is strong right winger one of the most Eurosceptic of MP's and a Government loyalist.

Re: Mike I know this is really politics but..........

They led with this story on Newsnight last night, the talk is that the Committee's report into Russian interference into elections, Brexit vote etc from last year which the Government have not released yet may come out within a week.

I see Dominic Raab has been talking about Russian attempts to influence the 2019 election today - I'm sure that is related to what happened yesterday.

Leaving party politics aside, this Government appears to have a stronger desire to centralise than any other in recent history.

Very smelly , and what a stupid decision to remove the whip ,Russian interference wont go away for domestic elections here USA , Germany , where does it end ?

Yes they do

There may be occasions where more centralisation is justified but there are many where it is not.

Boris should take care. Many Conservative MP's especially in the so called red ( or is it now blue wall) will already be looking ahead to the next election with some trepidation given Starmers improved performance over Corbyn (not a high bar admittedly).

It will not take that much for them to think the grass would be greener under a different leader especially when Brexit is finally done ( or not as the case may be) at the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Very smelly , and what a stupid decision to remove the whip ,Russian interference wont go away for domestic elections here USA , Germany , where does it end ?
    They got away with removing the whip from Dominic Grieve David Gauke et al because of Brexit and the fact they were a bit "wet".

Different situation with Julian Lewis

This government and the tory party in general has been taken over by a bunch of libertarians

You have and are getting what you elected

I dont give a feck , I didnt vote for them .

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Could you please leave it on here for the time being as I think it deserves a wider response.

Boris Johnson has stripped Julian Lewis of the Conservative whip after he was elected as Chair of the Intelligence and Security Committee instead of Chris "failing" Grayling the Governments choice.

They say he colluded with the opposition to win the vote.

The chair of the committee as with all backbench committee should be a choice of the committee not the Government

This is is really of the most fatuous, stupid and idiotic decisions by a Government that is becoming prone to them.

It strikes to the heart of our parliamentary democracy.

And for those who don't know Julian Lewis is strong right winger one of the most Eurosceptic of MP's and a Government loyalist.
    Johnson , gove , patel , hancock

What else do you expect ?

That chancellor should jump ship to the liberals before he is dragged down with the rest of the idiots

I don't like a separate politics board. I much prefer it having just one main board

They got away with removing the whip from Dominic Grieve David Gauke et al because of Brexit and the fact they were a bit "wet".

Different situation with Julian Lewis
    Dominic Grieve is one of the miniscule instances of a Tory who deserves respect. I consider him to be a highly intelligent man of integrity, something this present administration views as anathema.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This government and the tory party in general has been taken over by a bunch of libertarians

You have and are getting what you elected

I dont give a feck , I didnt vote for them .
    useful contribution,however never forget what the alternative was at the time

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don't like a separate politics board. I much prefer it having just one main board
    amen stops the trolling and childish ways some adopt , its a sort of cyber bullying

I will never forget, sadly it would likely have been one of the best administration's ever and light years ahead of this bunch of imbeciles.

Too late to whinge now , your govt , your mess

Get on with it

Hurrah.

Someone who agrees with me.

I have seen a couple of interesting threads recently die the death when they went to the politics board.

I know some people don't like politics on the board
    but it is usually pretty clear which threads are about politics. Just don't read them!

I even said at the beginning that this thread was about politics,can't be much clearer than that.

To make it even clearer just ask posters to start political threads with "OT Politics.

It is not rocket science

I asked Mike to leave it on the main board because the power of the back benches to bring the executive to account is a fundamental part of our politics regardless of which side of the political spectrum you are on and I wanted to see as wide a range of views on this as possible.

No.

We are getting what the country elected because the alternative leader was too left wing for this country.

And couldn't organise a booze up in a brewery.

Unfortunately Labour members back in 2015 voted for who they wanted as leader which is fair enough except that a huge chunk of Labour voters disagreed with them!

They forgot that Politics is the art of the possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Dominic Grieve is one of the miniscule instances of a Tory who deserves respect. I consider him to be a highly intelligent man of integrity, something this present administration views as anathema.
    Something wrong here.

We've agreed on something in two different threads albeit only one about politics!

No.

We are getting what the country elected because the alternative leader was too left wing for this country.

And couldn't organise a booze up in a brewery.

Unfortunately Labour members back in 2015 voted for who they wanted as leader which is fair enough except that a huge chunk of Labour voters disagreed with them!

They forgot that Politics is the art of the possible.
    I think when it comes to piss ups in a brewery the fecking dreadful bunch of boris , gove , hancock etc are standing behind the bar serving drinks and completely off their faces

Feck em

If all tory voters can do is say well it could have been worse you know they are desperate and fishing for luckies

Something wrong here.

We've agreed on something in two different threads albeit only one about politics!
    Lol, Elwood, as Bob Dylan would say..."The Times They Are A Changein'"

amen stops the trolling and childish ways some adopt , its a sort of cyber bullying
    You are complaining about trolling and childish ways? Wow! It's a coin toss whether you or Wales-Bales are the biggest culprits there. And which of you is less self-aware! You even brag about your attempted trolling!

You are certainly not a cyber bully, though. A victim complex, almost total incoherence and carpet posting (you have had the last word on 19 out of 30 threads on the front page of the Politics Board) is something - but not bullying.

Just out of interest, is your 'amen' for keeping a separate Politics Board or having just one board? I have no idea from what you typed as a response to Elwood.

It was set up as at one point we has 17 political posts on the 1st page, yes thats right 17

all political posts end up the same, slagging of the conservative party

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think when it comes to piss ups in a brewery the fecking dreadful bunch of boris , gove , hancock etc are standing behind the bar serving drinks and completely off their faces

Feck em

If all tory voters can do is say well it could have been worse you know they are desperate and fishing for luckies
    Can't disagree with your first paragraph on some of the decisions made recently.

Your last paragraph has missed the point.

A lot of those tory voters are disenchanted Labour voters who found the alternative to Boris unpalatable.

They should have been voting Labour all day long with even a mediocre leader.

The Labour members left the door wide open.

With over 4 years to go and an 80 majority ( and a boundary commission to come which may be even more favourable towards them) the Conservatives are by no means desperate yet.

Can't disagree with your first paragraph on some of the decisions made recently.

A lot of those tory voters are disenchanted Labour voters who found the alternative to Boris unpalatable.

With over 4 years to go and an 80 majority ( and a boundary commission to come which may be even more favourable towards them) the Conservatives are by no means desperate yet.
    I'll still maintain that most people's opinion of Corbyn was due to what the media told them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'll still maintain that most people's opinion of Corbyn was due to what the media told them.
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I will accept that there will always be some influenced by the media there always are.

But I think most people can judge for themselves as far as his politics are concerned.

And his lack of leadership skills was obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It was set up as at one point we has 17 political posts on the 1st page, yes thats right 17

all political posts end up the same, slagging of the conservative party
    As they should , the conservatives are *****

Riots on the streets mark my words