+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mike I know this is really politics but..........

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Mike I know this is really politics but..........

They led with this story on Newsnight last night, the talk is that the Committee's report into Russian interference into elections, Brexit vote etc from last year which the Government have not released yet may come out within a week.

I see Dominic Raab has been talking about Russian attempts to influence the 2019 election today - I'm sure that is related to what happened yesterday.

Leaving party politics aside, this Government appears to have a stronger desire to centralise than any other in recent history.

Re: Mike I know this is really politics but..........

Yes they do

There may be occasions where more centralisation is justified but there are many where it is not.

Boris should take care. Many Conservative MP's especially in the so called red ( or is it now blue wall) will already be looking ahead to the next election with some trepidation given Starmers improved performance over Corbyn (not a high bar admittedly).

It will not take that much for them to think the grass would be greener under a different leader especially when Brexit is finally done ( or not as the case may be) at the end of the year.