+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike I know this is really politics but..........

Re: Mike I know this is really politics but..........

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I will accept that there will always be some influenced by the media there always are.

But I think most people can judge for themselves as far as his politics are concerned.

And his lack of leadership skills was obvious.
    I agree that Corbyn wasn't a leader. I will never agree that most of his policies weren't accepted by the public.

Most people can judge for themselves, but they get their info from the media. Never before has the media attacked one politician in the way Corbyn was, most of the time with total lies.

Billionaire media barons have far more control over the country than you think.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    As they should , the conservatives are *****
    but that is just your opinion

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    but that is just your opinion
    And the opinion of the majority of the voting public who didnt vote for the useless shower

International

And the opinion of the majority of the voting public who didnt vote for the useless shower
    An even greater percentage of whom didn't vote for the labour party.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    It was set up as at one point we has 17 political posts on the 1st page, yes thats right 17

all political posts end up the same, slagging of the conservative party
    That was pre-Drakeford I take it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

I will accept that there will always be some influenced by the media there always are.

But I think most people can judge for themselves as far as his politics are concerned.

And his lack of leadership skills was obvious.
    The biggest defining issue at the last election was Brexit and it was the same in the one before that when Corbyn and Labour polled better than expected probably on the back of a shambolic Conservative campaign and the perception from many leavers that the tories were not getting Brexit done.

The thing is unlike other parliamentary committees this one is supposed to remain free from government influence.Everyone knew that Grayling is just a stooge for Boris and his appointment would control this committee which shouldn't happen and also all previous chairman have some foreign office.MOD or diplomatic experience. Grayling has none of this and in my view has been on of the worst performing ministers of and political denomination for a generation.

An even greater percentage of whom didn't vote for the labour party.
    Never mind the labour party , the majority of people who voted at the last election did not vote tory

Now they are in charge it's their watch and they are ****ing it up

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    The thing is unlike other parliamentary committees this one is supposed to remain free from government influence.Everyone knew that Grayling is just a stooge for Boris and his appointment would control this committee which shouldn't happen and also all previous chairman have some foreign office.MOD or diplomatic experience. Grayling has none of this and in my view has been on of the worst performing ministers of and political denomination for a generation.
    He is also homophobic

International

He is also homophobic
    what's that got to do with a committee on security oversight?

don.t want to start another thread but reading this morning Sir Ian Botham is now going to be honoured with a peerage this morning for his loyalty to Brexit .

FFS whether your pro or anti Brexit how can someone be made a Lord for that !

I can understand his services to sport and the charity work he's done over the years but to be made a Lord for his services to Brexit is farcical

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I think all the committees are meant to be independent and remain free from government.

Governments of all shades over the years have too often ridden roughshod over this convention.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    don.t want to start another thread but reading this morning Sir Ian Botham is now going to be honoured with a peerage this morning for his loyalty to Brexit .

FFS whether your pro or anti Brexit how can someone be made a Lord for that !

I can understand his services to sport and the charity work he's done over the years but to be made a Lord for his services to Brexit is farcical
    Complete tory wanker

what's that got to do with a committee on security oversight?
    I am just stating that our prime minister is a homophobic and a racist

I wrote to Jim Callaghan..that oily heap of shit

International

I am just stating that our prime minister is a homophobic and a racist
    Just getting your anti-tory dig in then. I get it.

International

Complete tory wanker
    Cumm'on sludge even you know that is just a news report putting a slant on it. I'm sure the peerage committee has scrutinised it and approved it.

International

I think all the committees are meant to be independent and remain free from government.

Governments of all shades over the years have too often ridden roughshod over this convention.
    Yes, committees are there to have oversight of government business and ask difficult questions, and to be fair most, made up of MPs of different political persuasions are pretty much non political when it comes to the work of the committee.
    The idea is to keep the government 'honest' but as elwood says, they have always been manipulated to some degree or the other.

International

Never mind the labour party , the majority of people who voted at the last election did not vote tory

Now they are in charge it's their watch and they are ****ing it up
    But the conservative party won the election so they get to govern. Do you really honestly think that Corbyn Abbot et al would have done a better job? Well at least Drakeford would still be in line with England.

I believe you are secretly delighted the Labour didn't win the election because it gives you the opportunity to vent your spleen at every little thing, and if Labour had won you would now be as quiet as a mouse!!

Cumm'on sludge even you know that is just a news report putting a slant on it. I'm sure the peerage committee has scrutinised it and approved it.
    No , Ian Botham, complete and utter tory wanker

But the conservative party won the election so they get to govern. Do you really honestly think that Corbyn Abbot et al would have done a better job? Well at least Drakeford would still be in line with England.

I believe you are secretly delighted the Labour didn't win the election because it gives you the opportunity to vent your spleen at every little thing, and if Labour had won you would now be as quiet as a mouse!!
    Yes , I think they would

Just getting your anti-tory dig in then. I get it.
    No stating a fact , boris is a homophobic racist

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Dear Mrs Thatcher ......I wasnt personal or anything

International

Yes , I think they would
    It is so easy to say that isn't it? Safe in the knowledge that you're never going to have to put your money where your mouth is, so to speak!

much easier to sit in the stands and boo isn't it?

International

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Where I used to work there was a Ministerial Letter on the wall of the corridor in a frame signed by Jim Callaghan.
    It said words to the effect of, "I give authority for British Troops in Northern Ireland be mobilised to go onto the streets in Northern Ireland and support the civilian government in an operation not expected to last for more than 6 months"

6 Fecking months??????????