+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bacuna - Warnock's Cardiff played old fashioned football.

Re: Bacuna - Warnock's Cardiff played old fashioned football.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I MADE IT WORSE
    apparently Harris has also pinned that paragraph up in the Cardiff dressing room and Bacuna is absolutely buzzing from the faith you've shown in him. running through walls in training ever since.

4-4 draw coming up

You never know, it may make Middlesborough come out and attack than just playing for the draw.

Can't really look into it too much

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    apparently Harris has also pinned that paragraph up in the Cardiff dressing room and Bacuna is absolutely buzzing from the faith you've shown in him. running through walls in training ever since.
    Hopefully not the wall with the pinned up quote. Defeats the object otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Can't really look into it too much
    Well I think that ship has long sailed WJ

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well I think that ship has long sailed WJ
    Is Vincent Tan's nephew still working as a painter and decorator for us?

If so we can get some quotes wall papered on the team bus too

Lets get at em

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Even if you think we're gonna stuff this bunch of cloggers...
    Love it. We get to refer to another team as a bunch of cloggers!

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    What's Bacuna done wrong here? He's respectful and complimentary towards Warnock and says he enjoyed playing under him. He says that if we get it right against Boro we should win, I'm glad to hear it. Nice interview.
    Exactly.

Hardly an idiot is he.

While I tend to agree that Bacuna didn't say anything too controversial, it's what the headline makers can get from it that could be the problem - look what the South Wales paper picked out as their headline.

If it wasn't for Bacuna shooting off his mouth we would've... got a clean sheet?

Beforehand, we didn't really have a shape to our defensive play. Now we are working on a real good shape on the pitch. We don't play man for man like we used to and running all over the gaff. That's helped us.
    I think this is the most interesting quote from Bacuna's interview. Our players got dragged all over the place following the man they were supposed to be marking in some matches last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    If it wasn't for Bacuna shooting off his mouth we would've... got a clean sheet?
    Swansea clearly pinned it up on their dressing room wall and used it as motivation to beat Bristol. DAMN you Bacuna

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think this is the most interesting quote from Bacuna's interview. Our players got dragged all over the place following the man they were supposed to be marking in some matches last season.
    Exactly this.

Bacuna was spot on. We were too good for them. Far too good for them and that consolation at the end flattered them.

And on the subject of Bacuna I think he’s made a load of people on this forum, myself included, look very silly.

A perfect example of how bad Warnock can make a footballer look. He’s been a revelation since the restart and has seamlessly converted from CM to RB.

Along worth a few others he is relishing the chance to actually play some football again under Harris. Long may it continue.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bacuna was spot on. We were too good for them. Far too good for them and that consolation at the end flattered them.

And on the subject of Bacuna I think he’s made a load of people on this forum, myself included, look very silly.

A perfect example of how bad Warnock can make a footballer look. He’s been a revelation since the restart and has seamlessly converted from CM to RB.

Along worth a few others he is relishing the chance to actually play some football again under Harris. Long may it continue.
    They seem to be getting more comfortable on the ball as well. We'll never be Barcelona will we, but championship level players should be able to pass and they seem to be getting there

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    They seem to be getting more comfortable on the ball as well. We'll never be Barcelona will we, but championship level players should be able to pass and they seem to be getting there
    Scored some great goals from open play.

Few players have surprised me how well they’ve taken to playing a different way. I think we’ve been so starved of a team stringing 4 or 5 passes together we didn’t think it possible but I suppose you don’t get to play at this level if you can’t control and pass a football. Well, Paterson maybe but it looks like Glatzel is back in front of him in the pecking order now.

It’s been a slow and gradual change but the style we’ve seen recently is remarkably different to that under Warnock. It’s not Barcelona as you say but it’s a definite improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Scored some great goals from open play.

Few players have surprised me how well they’ve taken to playing a different way. I think we’ve been so starved of a team stringing 4 or 5 passes together we didn’t think it possible but I suppose you don’t get to play at this level if you can’t control and pass a football. Well, Paterson maybe but it looks like Glatzel is back in front of him in the pecking order now.

It’s been a slow and gradual change but the style we’ve seen recently is remarkably different to that under Warnock. It’s not Barcelona as you say but it’s a definite improvement.
    Says it all when Morrison looks more comfortable on the ball as the games go on. He's never going to be completely comfortable coming out with the ball but the fact that players are having a go is great, they seem to be moving around a bit more, and yes they should bloody be able to play a few passes at that level!

No Bacuna interview this time round? Stupid, Warnock will love that.