+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What place would you like to live in if you were not in south wales ?

Re: What place would you like to live in if you were not in south wales ?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I have been fortunate in that I have lived and worked in some fascinating places all over the world.
    To me ,they all have their attractions but London remains the greatest city on the planet but being born there makes me highly biased. However, it is where I consider home.
    What I have found is that I am drawn to the countryside/ coast more and more as I get older me I do think that the Vale of Glamorgan/ Llantwit Major has most of what I would want plus a ready made social life, as so many old school friends have returned there in the last few years.
    That said , I am married to a Parisian so I fear that is where I will end up.
    I agree with you totally. I lived and worked in London for nearly 3 years back in 2003, fantastic place!
    I can't say I enjoyed every minute of living there, but I matured as a person by doing so.
    Samuel Johnson had it right, when he said... "When a man is tired of London, he's tired of life".
    I miss Cardiff and the UK weather (never thought I'd say that about the weather!). Constant heat and humidity just drains you.

I'm very contented in Taunton. Walked in Dartmoor today and will be walking on the Quantocks tomorrow.

at a push Malvern in Worcestershire

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Done so much fishing on the ogmore river , great memories

Also eagle records

Nights out at the courthouse

Bertorellis the fruit and veg shop

The Jungle cd shop , metal galore

Olympic Kebab House

Saved by the wonderful medical team at princess of wales when I had severe pneumonia

I like bridgend
    The Jungle. What a great shop that was. The Toucan loyalty card so you 'toucan' save.... Spend thousands in there before it caught fire.

I like it here

City

Good fishing

West wales just down the road

Close to the sea

Nice scenery

Bridgend

Could do with some decent live music venues though

I enjoyed living in bradford but it was bloody cold in the winter

I think if pushed I would choose Bristol
    I'm from Carmarthen, moved to London when I was 18, lived there for 7 years met my now wife (who is from Maidstone, Kent). We decided to move to Cardiff in 2007 for a year or two to save up for a place on the outskirts of london..... it is now 2020 and we are still here, have two kids and love it. I love Cardiff, proud that both my girls are cardiff girls.... I don't want to move but if I had to, it would be Bristol for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    The Jungle. What a great shop that was. The Toucan loyalty card so you 'toucan' save.... Spend thousands in there before it caught fire.
    Aye the toucan card

I used to go in there and clear out the rock and metal section

Quote Originally Posted by mbatte View Post
    I'm from Carmarthen, moved to London when I was 18, lived there for 7 years met my now wife (who is from Maidstone, Kent). We decided to move to Cardiff in 2007 for a year or two to save up for a place on the outskirts of london..... it is now 2020 and we are still here, have two kids and love it. I love Cardiff, proud that both my girls are cardiff girls.... I don't want to move but if I had to, it would be Bristol for me.
    Keep it cardiff mate

Aye the toucan card

Was better before it moved to Nolton St.

Aye the toucan card

Bridgend did well for record shops back then. I remember Roxcene records, which must have closed down around 95. There was another one who started up around 97 around the same area. Can't remember what it was called.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bridgend did well for record shops back then. I remember Roxcene records, which must have closed down around 95. There was another one who started up around 97 around the same area. Can't remember what it was called.
    Roxene was run by a long haired bully boy who once accused me of shoplifting , cheeky get

The other shop was called Hitman records

Roxene was run by a long haired bully boy who once accused me of shoplifting , cheeky get

Dear God, I read that as shirtlifting at first...........until I read who posted it

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Dear God, I read that as shirtlifting at first...........until I read who posted it
    I am just as god made me

Whistler but I'd need to win Euromillions.

Over the last ten or so years I've had family living down in Winchester. I've grown to like the city more and more. With the south coast just down the road and good road links in all directions with a bit of cash behind me I could cope with living there. And as others have said a little place out in Tenerife to get us through our crappy winters would be the icing on the cake.

Was there a record shop in Bridgend in the mid to late records called 33 & a 1/3rd, or have I made that up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Was there a record shop in Bridgend in the mid to late records called 33 & a 1/3rd, or have I made that up?
    The one I remember growing up was eagle records , roxene , hitman and jungle

I actually wouldn't live in Wales now because I see all this local government gone nuts.
    The little bloke ( don't know his name) who does the Covid (Wales) briefings on national TV is a ridiculous parody with two Welsh dragon flags each side in the fashion of the President of the USA doing a White House briefing. He sounds like some sanctimonious old schoolteacher from Treorchy taking himself seriously when no one knows or cares who he is.

They've got all these stupid local laws about not driving more than five miles and harvesting your organs for transplants without needing consent, and the whole place which used to be really great seems to be turning in on itself rather than looking to and taking part in the wider world .

That'll upset people I know, but there it is. It's an honest assesment and although it's harsh it's true.
    I regret it more than I can say because I was brought up in a very different Wales which encouraged individuality and achievement on the world stage rather than focussing on trivial local issues and creating a tiny micro society which is inward looking and self limiting.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    I actually wouldn't live in Wales now because I see all this local government gone nuts.
    The little bloke ( don't know his name) who does the Covid (Wales) briefings on national TV is a ridiculous parody with two Welsh dragon flags each side in the fashion of the President of the USA doing a White House briefing. He sounds like some sanctimonious old schoolteacher from Treorchy taking himself seriously when no one knows or cares who he is.

They've got all these stupid local laws about not driving more than five miles and harvesting your organs for transplants without needing consent, and the whole place which used to be really great seems to be turning in on itself rather than looking to and taking part in the wider world .

That'll upset people I know, but there it is. It's an honest assesment and although it's harsh it's true.
    I regret it more than I can say because I was brought up in a very different Wales which encouraged individuality and achievement on the world stage rather than focussing on trivial local issues and creating a tiny micro society which is inward looking and self limiting.
    Devastating news

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post

Each to his own I s’pose, stay safe while taking your chances with Johnson.

If money no object South of France or Rome visited both and love them especially Rome.

Kiev, Sofia or Plovdiv. I love the more Eastern parts of Europe.

Northern Cali or Oregon.

Cheers buddy.

Thinking of Bridgend and music, do you remember Stag Marks' band, Secret Army? I never heard them but they went around for a few years with the pathetic tag line "Catch us now before we're huge".......

Like living in Cardiff as it is not too big but big enough to have different things do. Could live in Liverpool or Bristol for the same reason, in fact I do like Bristol.
    Would prefer somewhere that isn’t as cold in the winter, really liked Bordeaux when we were there supporting Wales. Good wine, cheese, warm weather and beautiful countryside and full of French women.
    Could never live in London, too big, Manchester, too wet and dreary.

**** it. I have changed my mind I want to live down the mumbles

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...9ZGMz&d=w&vh=i