+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My Curry Tastes Are Changing

My Curry Tastes Are Changing

Used to like jalfrezi , madras etc

Nowadays I prefer butter chicken , murg makarni even the dreaded chicken tikka masala

My guts wont take the hot stuff anymore and my arse certainly wont

Banned

Re: My Curry Tastes Are Changing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Nowadays I prefer butter chicken , murg makarni even the dreaded chicken tikka masala

Butter chicken sounds awful so I have always avoided it. Jalfrezi for me, every time. Anything hotter is too much.

I used to love a phal. Twice a week. When I met Mrs Bee she never liked curries, so having a proper curry was a rare event. I had a vindaloo a little while ago and that was too hot for me. I've gone for more flavour and less heat, too. Quite fond of a dhansak or saag.

My tastes are going the opposite direction these days, I add chili to almost everything

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    My tastes are going the opposite direction these days, I add chili to almost everything

I can deal with a hot chilli con carne

But not a madras

Odd

Two curries I am into at the moment.

Pathia & Ceylon

Two delicious curries from the take away. Pathia hot and sweet, Ceylon hot with a touch of coconut.

Complimented with some Bombay Potato and rice.

A butter/makhani chicken is delicious and shouldn't be baulked at.

Used to love a medium to hot curry. Chicken Kolhapuri was my go to which is described as Hot and spicy chicken dish prepared with turmeric, cumin, coriander and green chillies. Madras was fantastic second option. Have that with a side of keema naan and poppadoms (with pickles obviously) and I was happy as larry

The change from 20 to 30 was massive for me. The bread and hear gave crippling heartburn which honestly used to think was a stroke/heart attack as my limbs went numb, couldn't breathe, just all round pain. I have recently started the keto diet and it's helped me massively.

Make my own frequently now. The change to cauliflower rice is a bit disheartening though.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    A butter/makhani chicken is delicious and shouldn't be baulked at.

Used to love a medium to hot curry. Chicken Kolhapuri was my go to which is described as Hot and spicy chicken dish prepared with turmeric, cumin, coriander and green chillies. Madras was fantastic second option. Have that with a side of keema naan and poppadoms (with pickles obviously) and I was happy as larry

The change from 20 to 30 was massive for me. The bread and hear gave crippling heartburn which honestly used to think was a stroke/heart attack as my limbs went numb, couldn't breathe, just all round pain. I have recently started the keto diet and it's helped me massively.

Make my own frequently now. The change to cauliflower rice is a bit disheartening though.
    I was about to post that butter chicken is rubbish, but then you trumped it with cauliflower rice which is utterly disgusting.

Anything much less than a madras these days leaves me disappointed

My tastes ar.e going the opposite direction these days, I add chili to almost everything
    My Mrs is the same she would not eat madras,now she makes a mean madras and it her favorite

I used to have the hottest they did but over time I've gone down to a madras or a vindaloo every now and then.

I'll be honest it doesn't feel like a Saturday night without a curry and a whiskey for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Pathia & Ceylon

Two delicious curries from the take away. Pathia hot and sweet, Ceylon hot with a touch of coconut.

Pathia used to be my favorite. But I haven't had one for about 30 years. It's pretty hard to come by. I'm into butter chicken these days. Going to make one today.

I'm the same butter chicken is great ( try Marks and Spencer one ) rather delicate tastes now rather ,than burn your mouth and arse end ones , saving dosh as well on toilet staining and industrial cleaner

I was about to post that butter chicken is rubbish, but then you trumped it with cauliflower rice which is utterly disgusting.

Anything much less than a madras these days leaves me disappointed
    Only because of keeping weight down

Indiaah pontyclun

Sit in 9.50 special on sundays

Popadoms 2
    all the trimmings
    Prawn puri to start
    Tandoori plate with massala sauce
    Keema rice
    Peshwari Naan
    1 pint of Cobra
    Mcflurry to finish on the way home

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Butter chicken sounds awful so I have always avoided it. Jalfrezi for me, every time. Anything hotter is too much.
    Problem with a Jalfrezi is that they change in 'hotness' -doesn't sound right-depending on where you go. My local Take away used to have them absolutely blasting, as hot as a Vindaloo, i had to have a word as they would purify the chili and add it to the sauce. I've had them from other places and they've been mild, the green chili was whole so i could determine how hot i wanted it-that doesn't sound right either-

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Only because of keeping weight down

Indiaah pontyclun

Sit in 9.50 special on sundays

Popadoms 2
    all the trimmings
    Prawn puri to start
    Tandoori plate with massala sauce
    Keema rice
    Peshwari Naan
    1 pint of Cobra
    Mcflurry to finish on the way home
    Love how you squeeze in the Mcflurry

Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Same here.
    Is there a curry mile in sheffield ?

It's got to be near broomhill hasnt it

Cardiffs nearest equivalent is city road , Albany road I suppose , or cowbridge road east

Is there a curry mile in sheffield ?

It's got to be near broomhill hasnt it

Cardiffs nearest equivalent is city road , Albany road I suppose , or cowbridge road east

The curry hot-spots used to be in the north and east of the city - Attercliffe (Zeenats now shut) and Spital Hill - but now the biggest concentrations are in the south and west - London Road and Ecclesall Road.

The gentrification of curry!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

Pathia & Ceylon

Ceylon chicken is my fave at the moment.

Dan Toombs’ book, The Curry Guy, has a great recipe for the aforementioned. I follow it to the letter, which is quite arduous, but the end result is the best curry I have eaten. And I made it myself!! 😁👍👌

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    Ceylon chicken is my fave at the moment.

Dan Toombs’ book, The Curry Guy, has a great recipe for the aforementioned. I follow it to the letter, which is quite arduous, but the end result is the best curry I have eaten. And I made it myself!! 😁👍👌
    I've actually bought this book on the back of reading your post on here. So - thank you!

My initial reaction on flicking through - other than salivating at all the pictures of lovely curries - is that the ingredients lists are pretty long, and the process a bit complex in some cases. However, looking forward to giving it a go.