+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should we throw a welcome party

Should we throw a welcome party

Shamima Begum can return to UK to fight for citizenship, Court of Appeal rules

Re: Should we throw a welcome party

Well I am it's fair to say left wing but I couldnt care a toss about her

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well I am it's fair to say left wing but I couldnt care a toss about her
    👍👍 She certainly didn't give a toss about us when Isis was in its glory , now their gone and the promised paradise has evaporated , its now all about forgiveness.

I'd give her the trial , by video link from her camp in Syria .

She's not changed and a danger to our country if let back in ,imagine the cost to keep her under servalance

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    👍👍 She certainly didn't give a toss about us when Isis was in its glory , now there gone and the promised paradise has evaporated its now all about forgiveness.

I'd give her the trial , by video link from her camp in Syria .
    Well she was clearly a very young woman when this happened and it shows we have a liberal democracy which has allowed her to appeal but I personally the court decides to tell her to feck off

Well she was clearly a very young woman when this happened and it shows we have a liberal democracy which has allowed her to appeal but I personally the court decides to tell her to feck off
    Too Liberal these radical types hate us and will kill innocent folk including children ask the folk in Mancester

Too Liberal these radical types hate us and will kill innocent folk including children ask the folk in Mancester
    Well if the courts decide she is able to stay , that's the way it is

But as I said I hope they tell her to piss off

Well if the courts decide she is able to stay , that's the way it is

But as I said I hope they tell her to piss off
    A tough call....but I tend to agree. Once you go down that rd there should be no coming back with a begging bowl

Thought they sent out the right message at the start.

I'm sure she will be able to weasel her way back in now she has her foot in the door.

If they let her back into the country for the trial then she can't lose, even if the judge finds against her they won't be able to send her back so she would just stay as an asylum seeker/refugee.

It would be a welcome back party wouldn't it

She was a child.
    She was groomed and probably statutory rape was involved, and shes seen 3 of her own children die.
    An she was born in this country.

Yes punish her for what she's done, but she was born here, and it's our laws she has broken, so she should be punished here.

Banned

I have a problem with revoking citizenship (and that is not condoning her actions). It shouldn't be in a country's remit to make people stateless. Instead of letting her back in the country and charging her for crimes committed, the Government went the other way.

Don't care about the girl in question, although she was young at the time she made her choice. My concern is with the ease at which citizenship can be revoked.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I have a problem with revoking citizenship (and that is not condoning her actions). It shouldn't be in a country's remit to make people stateless. Instead of letting her back in the country and charging her for crimes committed, the Government went the other way.

Don't care about the girl in question, although she was young at the time she made her choice. My concern is with the ease at which citizenship can be revoked.
    I agree, why should she be another country's problem.

If she’s given her citizenship back then surely she’ll go on trial for joining a terrorist organisation? Whatever happens it’s going to cost the taxpayer a whole load of dough regardless if she is sent down or free to jump on the benefit train with her begging bowl. We’re a Soft touch.

Yeah, I'm not going to defend her at all, but that's not the path I'd want the UK to go down.

First they came for... all that.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Yeah, I'm not going to defend her at all, but that's not the path I'd want the UK to go down.

First they came for... all that.
    Agree, the problem is though the crimes she committed (treason etc) should attract a sentence that would act as a deterrent for others (life in prison). In practice, she will get a slap on the wrist and be back enjoying all the benefits she renounced within a couple of years.

One thing is for sure, if ISIS had "won" she would have shown no sympathy or compassion to any of us whilst we were being butchered.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

If I remember correctly the laws generally don’t allow people to be made stateless. It was the British government’s argument that she could hold Pakistan (I think) citizenship that enabled them to remove her British citizenship. And thereby pass her, as a problem, off onto someone else to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    She was a child.

Lets not forget she was a 15 year old " child "

Quote Originally Posted by Philo2 View Post
    If they let her back into the country for the trial then she can't lose, even if the judge finds against her they won't be able to send her back so she would just stay as an asylum seeker/refugee.
    Thats then plan that her lawyers and she are working too , this si the next one to return

Abu Hamza desperate to be returned to a UK jail as his US prison is 'inhuman and degrading'

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Lets not forget she was a 15 year old " child "
    15 year olds know what there doing i would have prosecuted her parents for not protecting their child correctly

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    If I remember correctly the laws generally don’t allow people to be made stateless. It was the British government’s argument that she could hold Pakistan (I think) citizenship that enabled them to remove her British citizenship. And thereby pass her, as a problem, off onto someone else to deal with
    Bangladesh yes though they have gone on record that she has no citizenship. If it wasn't for all the populist tub thumping that we get in these cases and a couple of successive governments trying to look hard in the face of the law this could have been handled more maturely and her crimes, for that is what they are as a citizen of this country, could have been dealt with with the full force of UK law.

15 year olds know what there doing i would have prosecuted her parents for not protecting their child correctly
    You do realise that what you have said doesn't make any sense.

How do you know when the grooming began? It didn’t start on her 15th birthday did it, that’s when she ran away. Was she 11, 12, maybe 13? If she was a white girl forced into being a sex slave, would you say ah well she knew what she was doing. She was a child and she was groomed. She is a UK citizen and should be returned here as she is our problem, no one else’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You do realise that what you have said doesn't make any sense.
    he covered all bases and you've got to respect that

But what can we do ?

Shes 20

Send her to prison for joining ISIS?

Ten years

If she was a kid when she was groomed 5 years ?

It's all very difficult