+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should we throw a welcome party

Re: Should we throw a welcome party

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm too old to be looked after, just put me out to grass and throw a blanket over me when its cold.
    I'd never do that, all you need is a little love, understanding and compassion. My box room is spare at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's absolutely disgraceful
    Agree, it was one of the most unpleasant posts I've seen on here and unfortunately quite in keeping with some of his other opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Couldn't have put it better myself.
    Why didn’t you then? It’s the only thing that matters. Your other responses are just point scoring attempts

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Why didn’t you then? It’s the only thing that matters. Your other responses are just point scoring attempts
    Because i'm not as articulate as Cyril, and a fair few others on here, that's why. As for point scoring....Nah, i'm not about that. My responses to certain posters were more like a shifty f uckoff' as oppossed to anything else. What's the point in debating some of the spanners on here? Maybe i need to learn how to articulate myself better

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    we can talk about rational decisions all we like, we can make excuses about brain development, we can talk about doing stupid stuff as a teenager, but it all comes down to " did she know where she was going when she left London " , we all know the answer is yes
    now we ask " did she know what Daesh stood for and were all about ", we can only guess yes she did, as it was hardly a secret

now we can look at the stupid things i did as a teenager and would i do them now, Well for a starter, i never joined a religious group who wanted to take over the world and kill all kafir's and to show they were serious they beheaded or burnt alive westerners, maybe i was a sensible 15 year old, i dont know oh and for the record i wouldnt do it now either

do you think if the caliphate was still going strong, she would want to " come back home to have a 2nd chance ", no of course not
    She was brainwashed. She was 15. She is our problem. Why the hell should we lumber Bangladesh with her?

She can **** off out the cab..

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    She was brainwashed. She was 15. She is our problem. Why the hell should we lumber Bangladesh with her?
    Exactly - she has never been there. If anything, I would understand why people would say Syria. But associating her with Bangladesh would imply something

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd never do that, all you need is a little love, understanding and compassion. My box room is spare at the moment
    You're too kind. But I already have a box.

International

Why don't we give her back to IS. and keep giving her back. It's where she seems to want to be. i don't recall her being very sorry for anything.
    I'm sure they will look after her.

where have i ever said that she isnt our problem or we should lumber Bangladesh with her ? ? ?

what i have said is she was 15 and of sound mind and made the decision to leave the UK to join Daesh, she wasnt forced into it, she made the decision she faces the consequences

Even last year she did not regret her decision to leave the UK and Join ISIL, She said in a interview ( on the 13 feb 2019 ) with Times war correspondent Anthony Loyd she had been unfazed by seeing the head of a beheaded man as he was "an enemy of Islam", in a later interview with BBC correspondent Quentin Sommerville on 18 February She said she was inspired to join ISIL by videos of fighters beheading hostages and also of "the good life" under the group.

That sure sounds as if she knew what she was getting into and even last year ( a few years older and i would hope to think wiser with them extra years for brain development ) she really didnt show much regret

Even last year she did not regret her decision to leave the UK and Join ISIL, She said in a interview ( on the 13 feb 2019 ) with Times war correspondent Anthony Loyd she had been unfazed by seeing the head of a beheaded man as he was "an enemy of Islam", in a later interview with BBC correspondent Quentin Sommerville on 18 February She said she was inspired to join ISIL by videos of fighters beheading hostages and also of "the good life" under the group.

That sure sounds as if she knew what she was getting into and even last year ( a few years older and i would hope to think wiser with them extra years for brain development ) she really didnt show much regret
    I've not seen that much of what she's said, but what I have seen has been confused, self contradictory and at times deranged. we are clearly not talking about a genius here.

We will also never know if she really believes all the stuff she comes out with, or if she's in a situation where she has to say that in order to survive. possibly even a bit of both.
    I think Britain would be far better off if it learns how to approach people like this woman and deal with them properly. casting her out of the country could breed more resentment, and set up more extreme people elsewhere.

it reminds me a bit of the classic Futurama line about launch a ball of rubbish into space.

Some experts claim the ball might return to Earth someday, but their concerns were dismissed as "depressing"

where have i ever said that she isnt our problem or we should lumber Bangladesh with her ? ? ?

what i have said is she was 15 and of sound mind and made the decision to leave the UK to join Daesh, she wasnt forced into it, she made the decision she faces the consequences
    We are stripping her of her citizenship on the basis she is Bangladeshi. Which she isn't. We have no grounds to strip her of her citizenship.

International

We are stripping her of her citizenship on the basis she is Bangladeshi. Which she isn't. We have no grounds to strip her of her citizenship.
    ~Except that she waged war against this country. nothing else of course, just that little bitty thing.

Oh and she has shown no remorse for it, but that's not her fault. It must be somebody's but not hers, she was a teenager, incapable of the discretionary thought that would make her culpable. She should be hugged and told everything is OK and come back home to the country she deserted, into the body of the people whom she watched being beheaded and has shown no regret for.
    It's OK it's not her fault. She just wanted to go and have some fun and come back and do her A levels.

~Except that she waged war against this country. nothing else of course, just that little bitty thing.

Oh and she has shown no remorse for it, but that's not her fault. It must be somebody's but not hers, she was a teenager, incapable of the discretionary thought that would make her culpable. She should be hugged and told everything is OK and come back home to the country she deserted, into the body of the people whom she watched being beheaded and has shown no regret for.
    It's OK it's not her fault. She just wanted to go and have some fun and come back and do her A levels.
    Being a bit silly here aren't we. I don't think anybody's suggesting that she comes back and it's all cosy and welcoming, more that she's the UK's problem and should be dealt with by the UK Justice System, however harsh their findings may be

That's still not grounds to strip her of her citizenship. She isn't a citizen of anywhere else. That's the point. She is our problem.

And she waged war against Bangladesh too

Several things make me really angry about this case. Firstly I think the citizenship stripping is disgusting. What have Bangladesh done to deserve the little rat. We stitched up the Canadians in a similar way with Letts.
    I find it utterly disgraceful that people are happy to try and suggest she was groomed and raped. She went out as a willing cheerleader for a vile organisation that has raped and killed its way through communities in the Middle East. She should be held accountable for the rape and genocide of others, not considered a bloody victim.

The idea that British justice can provide the right punishment is crazy. How are we going to find witnesses etc? As far as I'm concerned she should be turnwd over to Syria(if they want her). Failing that, we should have looked the other way and let the kurds deal with her and the rest of the isis mob

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Several things make me really angry about this case. Firstly I think the citizenship stripping is disgusting. What have Bangladesh done to deserve the little rat. We stitched up the Canadians in a similar way with Letts.
    I find it utterly disgraceful that people are happy to try and suggest she was groomed and raped. She went out as a willing cheerleader for a vile organisation that has raped and killed its way through communities in the Middle East. She should be held accountable for the rape and genocide of others, not considered a bloody victim.

The idea that British justice can provide the right punishment is crazy. How are we going to find witnesses etc? As far as I'm concerned she should be turnwd over to Syria(if they want her). Failing that, we should have looked the other way and let the kurds deal with her and the rest of the isis mob
    I fully understand your point but I think the full process of british law .....and she is british ....should be applied to her now

If that means education , deradicalisation then so be it although certain people are going to find out who she is and she may be in danger .....I personally dont care if her life is at risk but it's likely she will have to be protected and that will cost money

The best outcome of this would be for her to be charged with terrorist offences , put on trial and sent to prison for as long as possible .

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I fully understand your point but I think the full process of british law .....and she is british ....should be applied to her now

If that means education , deradicalisation then so be it although certain people are going to find out who she is and she may be in danger .....I personally dont care if her life is at risk but it's likely she will have to be protected and that will cost money

The best outcome of this would be for her to be charged with terrorist offences , put on trial and sent to prison for as long as possible .
    That will also cost a fortune. As I said, give her back to Is, they'll take care of her for sure! And she clearly enjoyed her time with them.

International

That's still not grounds to strip her of her citizenship. She isn't a citizen of anywhere else. That's the point. She is our problem.
    No she is not. She forfeited her right to be a problem to this country when she waged war against it. She should be treated as a traitor. If we had formally declared war on IS she would have been shot or hanged !It's that simple.
    But it is not her fault, she is just a girl!

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Being a bit silly here aren't we. I don't think anybody's suggesting that she comes back and it's all cosy and welcoming, more that she's the UK's problem and should be dealt with by the UK Justice System, however harsh their findings may be
    So charge her with Treason. See how she likes that.

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Delm, do you honestly deep down believe that whatever happens to her here will be less than warm and welcoming with all the anti-Brit anything and do-gooders looking out for her interests and her 'human-rights', the same rights the people she watched IS behead were denied. And in some years she'll be back on the streets radicalising others.
    Several people who know about these things have said that deradicalisation progammes don't work.

Banned

So charge her with Treason. See how she likes that.
    That is a real possibility, and there's probably strong grounds for going down that route.

No she is not. She forfeited her right to be a problem to this country when she waged war against it. She should be treated as a traitor. If we had formally declared war on IS she would have been shot or hanged !It's that simple.
    But it is not her fault, she is just a girl!
    Why do you think we didn't formally declare war on IS?