+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Question

Question

can someone explain this conundrum to me..

How come SNP and Plaid ect make arguments for devolution, saying how bad centralized government is and decisions should be made at a local level and then argue the benefits of doing this (which there are)

But then at the same time hate Brexit, but Brexit voters are also making the same arguments, they do not like centralized government and want decisions made at a more local level.

It is funny when the pro's of Brexit and Independence are the same arguments, but they hate each over.

---------

I am not trying to make a point for one side or another, I did not vote on the issue, but from the outside i find this funny, to see the same people contradicting themselves, when it comes to the pro's and con's or centralised powers.

Re: Question

If we accept that this Government relied very heavily on the votes of Leavers in December, I wonder how many of those who voted for them are concerned that Johnson and Cummings seem to want to centralise so much? My guess is not too many because Brexit seems to take priority over everything, including the virus, for an awful lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    can someone explain this conundrum to me..

How come SNP and Plaid ect make arguments for devolution, saying how bad centralized government is and decisions should be made at a local level and then argue the benefits of doing this (which there are)

But then at the same time hate Brexit, but Brexit voters are also making the same arguments, they do not like centralized government and want decisions made at a more local level.

It is funny when the pro's of Brexit and Independence are the same arguments, but they hate each over.

---------

I am not trying to make a point for one side or another, I did not vote on the issue, but from the outside i find this funny, to see the same people contradicting themselves, when it comes to the pro's and con's or centralised powers.
    The irony of this , they don't like central Westminster government and want more controls , but will except central control from Brussels , its just anti Englishness

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The irony of this , they don't like central Westminster government and want more controls , but will except central control from Brussels , its just anti Englishness
    that is how I see it, at least with Westminster they have more influence to make positive changes unlike in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    that is how I see it, at least with Westminster they have more influence to make positive changes unlike in Europe.
    their argument about wanting independence and them seeking alignment with someone else is bizarre, imagine the border chaos and trade deals we and Scotland would have to negotiate with England, oooh could be costly see higher taxes on the horizon , would we require passport controls to go to English grounds , would we actually be in the English pyramid .

Love to see the blueprints for this dream .