+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rockfield - The Studio on the Farm

Re: Rockfield - The Studio on the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Good watch thoroughly enjoyed it,only shame for me was very little on Rush.
    Rush recorded farewell to kings , hemispheres at rock field then went back to le studio in Canada for permanent waves and moving pictures . Those four albums along with caress of steel are my favourite rush albums . The early ones are a bit weak and after signals it all went downhill in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Worth watching but a 7/10 when it should have been 10/10. Some interesting interviews with Gallagher, Plant and others.
    Gallagher was insufferable

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Gallagher was insufferable
    Zep , Sabbath etc , monumental rock bands that have left their mark worldwide

Oasis ?

Not

Stone roses didn’t want to appear....bit sad

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Indeed

I like rush up to moving picture , then they went shite
    You are correct sir.

Rush recorded farewell to kings , hemispheres at rock field then went back to le studio in Canada for permanent waves and moving pictures . Those four albums along with caress of steel are my favourite rush albums . The early ones are a bit weak and after signals it all went downhill in my opinion .
    I think Caress Of Steel is my favorite Rush album. I LOVE The Fountain Of Lamneth. My wife makes fun of me for it and I can see why. But I just can't help it.

Zep , Sabbath etc , monumental rock bands that have left their mark worldwide

Oasis ?

Not
    About a minute spent on Rush but what felt like hours spent on Gallagher and the feckin Boo Radleys

About a minute spent on Rush but what felt like hours spent on Gallagher and the feckin Boo Radleys
    Yes, I was disappointed with the latter day coverage taking centre stage.
    Oh and you missed out the awful Coldplay and their irritating front man.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Yes, I was disappointed with the latter day coverage taking centre stage.
    Oh and you missed out the awful Coldplay and their irritating front man.
    Yeah, they spent far too much time on some bands and far too little on others (and completely ignored some fantastic groups until the end where they scrolled past at a rate of knots!)

Spending so much time on Oasis, Coldplay, Boo Radleys, Stone Roses seems like a strange decision, they could have spread it around more. I had a look on the advertising for it and chuckled at the Manics getting higher billing than the Boo Radleys, in spite of them being in it for about 30 seconds!

Thank you Gents for some of the info on here which led me to investigate groups I didn't really know before but do now.

Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSToKcbWz1k

Pretty cool!

TIB

yep ..agree.

Yeah, they spent far too much time on some bands and far too little on others (and completely ignored some fantastic groups until the end where they scrolled past at a rate of knots!)

Spending so much time on Oasis, Coldplay, Boo Radleys, Stone Roses seems like a strange decision, they could have spread it around more. I had a look on the advertising for it and chuckled at the Manics getting higher billing than the Boo Radleys, in spite of them being in it for about 30 seconds!
    Liam Gallagher every other word begins with F and it just gets tedious and doesn't make interesting tv. Boo Radleys was an odd one to spend so much time about 1 track, whilst the Tim Burgess interview and Ozzy were the most interesting parts of the programme.
    Thought that the makers of the programme could have made more of an effort to track down more of the earlier acts who stayed there.
    6.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Liam Gallagher every other word begins with F and it just gets tedious and doesn't make interesting tv. Boo Radleys was an odd one to spend so much time about 1 track, whilst the Tim Burgess interview and Ozzy were the most interesting parts of the programme.
    Thought that the makers of the programme could have made more of an effort to track down more of the earlier acts who stayed there.
    6.5/10
    My Grandparents house was less than a mile from Rockfield as the crow flies. Interesting to see some of the groups going into the pubs in Monmouth. Agree Liam Gallagher spoilt it and yes it would have been nicer to see more of some of the bigger groups. I lived in Germany in the 80's so some of the groups mentioned I'd never heard of. Overall though worth watching and nice to see programs with Welsh interest.

There was no mention of Kim Deal quitting Pixies in Cafe Nero in Monmouth, whilst they were recording there.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think Caress Of Steel is my favorite Rush album. I LOVE The Fountain Of Lamneth. My wife makes fun of me for it and I can see why. But I just can't help it.
    Lifesons guitar sound on that album is staggering

Lakeside park , think I'm going bald , bacchus plateau .... great solos

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Thank you Gents for some of the info on here which led me to investigate groups I didn't really know before but do now.

Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSToKcbWz1k

Pretty cool!

TIB
    Amazing tight band , latter albums were in my opinion a band just going through the motions but in their prime 75 to 82 they were fantastic

moved.. but where