Re: Neil Harris

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    **** Malky

Neil Harris Barmy Army

**** Malky

Neil Harris Barmy Army
    On Harris, is anyone playing worse under him? Etheridge perhaps is the only one? Everyone else has come on leaps and bounds, or at worse back to their best.

Just found a text to my mates when Harris was announced.

It wasn’t very complimentary. Even when he leaves or gets sacked he’s already got my respect going forward.

I bet Harris is buzzing tonight. After the back handed compliments from Colin earlier in the week, cheeky bastard trying to take the credit for our upturn in results and then for us to put in a dominant performance like that, scoring a couple of really good open play goals, controlling the game for large parts, he’s got to be absolutely delighted.

He’ll say all the right things and lay Warnock respect but I bet deep down he really wanted to stuff him today. I know I did. Get in!!!

Now that we're all unanimous that we like the bloke, perhaps we can stop singing the anti-English shite.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Just found a text to my mates when Harris was announced.

It wasn’t very complimentary. Even when he leaves or gets sacked he’s already got my respect going forward.
    think a lot of us are guilty of that. glad he's proved me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Milky mackay was a one season wonder the championship was aweful when we went up
    It’s because he lost trust of his squad.

Make no question about it. He was a bloody good manager with some serious personality flaws.

His actions will follow him round for the rest of his career. You don’t just change as a person when it comes to bullying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    On Harris, is anyone playing worse under him? Etheridge perhaps is the only one? Everyone else has come on leaps and bounds, or at worse back to their best.
    Absolutely. We look far sharper physically and mentally. Tomlin, Vaulks and Bacuna the obvious beneficiaries but NML and Hoilett too back to their best. And Glatzel, wow, different player.
    Those who weren’t up to to his standards soon found themselves out of the team. Etheridge, Peltier, Flint Whyte and Bogle. He’s been ruthless. Sanderson has come off the pace so he’s been dropped.

Mozza and Nelson have really kicked on as a partnership too I thought Mozza was brilliant today. Bennet too. Gets a lot of stick but I think he’s fine we’ll recently.

Think Bennett looks worse but his form was diving anyway.

Some of the fringe players look awful now like Whyte.

Other than that can’t fault him.

Don’t think we should slate Warnock, there’s bigger teams doing worse than us.

Absolutely. We look far sharper physically and mentally. Tomlin, Vaulks and Bacuna the obvious beneficiaries but NML and Hoilett too back to their best. And Glatzel, wow, different player.
    Those who weren’t up to to his standards soon found themselves out of the team. Etheridge, Peltier, Flint Whyte and Bogle. He’s been ruthless. Sanderson has come off the pace so he’s been dropped.

Mozza and Nelson have really kicked on as a partnership too I thought Mozza was brilliant today. Bennet too. Gets a lot of stick but I think he’s fine we’ll recently.
    Whyte can't even get in a 20 man squad now, he's been a major, major disappointment.

Morrison looks like he's the best centre half in the league at the moment, he's a colossus. Almost as if playing someone quick alongside him helps, good job we signed Flint to play alongside him .

Vaulks in 2020 looks a different player. I was not impressed at first, and even under Harris he was poor. Now, him and Ralls are everywhere and can play as well. We are noticeably a much fitter side than most post lockdown. I don't think anyone has played poorly post lockdown, bar Sanderson who has really struggled after a strong start.

I was interested to read (I think it was Bacuna) say they have ditched “old fashioned “ tactics including man for man marking which had players running all over the place which obviously was tiring and now have a better defensive shape

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    I was interested to read (I think it was Bacuna) say they have ditched “old fashioned “ tactics including man for man marking which had players running all over the place which obviously was tiring and now have a better defensive shape
    Bennett and Peltier used to follow their winger everywhere. It was a bit odd!

Harris has obviously been working on shape and that can only improve again after he gets another preseason and more time on the training pitch with the boys.

We are hunting in packs, pressing from the front, even Tomlin is working without the ball but the midfield of Vaulks and Ralls (And Bacuna before he was moved to RB) have really stood out in their defensive work. What’s really impressed me is when we work hard to get the ball back we are not as wasteful with it as we previously were.

Maybe when Paterson is playing we are a bit more direct but we played some lovely stuff at times today.

Worked on loads of occasions though.

I remember us marking Adama Traore out of a game with that back line

I like how Harris has taken a squad that we all thought was too one dimensional and turned into a solid championship team that is only 4 wins from the premier league.

We’ve undoubtedly benefited from the lockdown with Tomlin and Mendez Laing being available.

His game management of Tomlin in particular has been superb

I played for a side with 2 old centre halfs so the manager used to have the right back man mark the opposing centre forward and follow him everywhere if he was fast. Wouldn’t let him pass him on even if he pulled over to the left back. I used to play right midfield so really pissed me off because I had to track back more than Junior Hoilett and NML put together!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    In Malky Mackay's first season, he inherited a squad of just ten players, took the club to the Championship play-offs and League Cup Final where we took Liverpool of the Premier League to penalties.

In his second season, we won the Championship at a canter.

In his third season, we matched Manchester United and beat the then Premier league champions Manchester City.

He wasnt perfect (who is?) but I think it's so strange the criticism he gets from some people.
    I do agree he did well in his first season.

His did get us promoted but with huge funds in those days and imo the signings and prem season was a disaster. We are still paying for his arrogance.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I like how Harris has taken a squad that we all thought was too one dimensional and turned into a solid championship team that is only 4 wins from the premier league.

We’ve undoubtedly benefited from the lockdown with Tomlin and Mendez Laing being available.

His game management of Tomlin in particular has been superb
    His man management has been superb. They're all running through brick walls for him.

I played for a side with 2 old centre halfs so the manager used to have the right back man mark the opposing centre forward and follow him everywhere if he was fast. Wouldn’t let him pass him on even if he pulled over to the left back. I used to play right midfield so really pissed me off because I had to track back more than Junior Hoilett and NML put together!!!
    I used to play left wing in a 4-3-3 and the manager always wanted me to track back and mark their right winger and double up. I did not enjoy it, and I'd often just not do it and I'd get pelters . I'd always track the right back but now I've moved to left back and I want my winger to track back too

I used to play left wing in a 4-3-3 and the manager always wanted me to track back and mark their right winger and double up. I did not enjoy it, and I'd often just not do it and I'd get pelters . I'd always track the right back but now I've moved to left back and I want my winger to track back too

I stopped playing because of it in the end. Weren’t enjoying if. I just wanted to play in the Lee Tomlin position not run a half marathon every Saturday, especially if I’d been out on a Friday.

I stopped playing because of it in the end. Weren’t enjoying if. I just wanted to play in the Lee Tomlin position not run a half marathon every Saturday, especially if I’d been out on a Friday.
    I know the feeling. I still take our corners and free kicks, if I could play as a designated kicker like in the NFL I would

I know the feeling. I still take our corners and free kicks, if I could play as a designated kicker like in the NFL I would
    I always thought that would have been an ideal position for Whitt’s towards the end of his time here. Imagine the rules allowed. Just bring him on for corners and free kicks

I always thought that would have been an ideal position for Whitt’s towards the end of his time here. Imagine the rules allowed. Just bring him on for corners and free kicks
    We've got rolling subs in our league so it could be done but I still really enjoy playing and also, it's a bit big time . The only time I've come on to do it was we had a last minute pen and I was designated penalty taker, so the team basically begged for me to come on as everyone else was bricking it. Scored and then subbed myself off . It was as nervous as I've ever been, if I missed I think I'd have got so much stick from both teams!

We've got rolling subs in our league so it could be done but I still really enjoy playing and also, it's a bit big time . The only time I've come on to do it was we had a last minute pen and I was designated penalty taker, so the team basically begged for me to come on as everyone else was bricking it. Scored and then subbed myself off . It was as nervous as I've ever been, if I missed I think I'd have got so much stick from both teams!
    Proper big time that