+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leeds in the PL. Ambition or setting themselves up for an almighty fall ?

Leeds in the PL. Ambition or setting themselves up for an almighty fall ?

Leeds United chief executive Angus Kinnear says the club's "vision" is to return to the Champions League after reaching their "base camp" by securing promotion to the Premier League.

Whilst we're celebrating, whilst we're all very excited, we've got back to where we belong. This really is base camp for Leeds United," said Kinnear,

"We've got back to where we belong. This really is base camp ... Leeds should have a Champions League team and that's the vision."

Base camp. For f**s sake !!!

Entitled fans

I have just managed to forget about the media love-in for what was a terrible Norwich side and now I’m already tired of how great it is going to be to have Leeds back in the Premier League.

Why is it that some teams get reported upon differently (possibly due to now irrelevant historical achievements) and other don’t?

It normally doesn’t bother me but seeing all the fuss about Leeds irritates me. 🙄

Now if Brentford go up THAT would be a fantastic story (not at our expense obvs...)

Re: Leeds in the PL. Ambition or setting themselves up for an almighty fall ?

See my post of a moment ago.

I’m already sick of their entitled fans and the media obsession with them going up.

I hope they go back down just to shut everyone up again.

You don't live in Leeds. They genuinely believe the tripe they put out like that.

Re: Entitled fans

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I have just managed to forget about the media love-in for what was a terrible Norwich side and now I’m already tired of how great it is going to be to have WEEDS back in the Premier League.

Why is it that some teams get reported upon differently (possibly due to now irrelevant historical achievements) and other don’t?

It normally doesn’t bother me but seeing all the fuss about Leeds irritates me. ��

Now if Brentford go up THAT would be a fantastic story (not at our expense obvs...)

What’s the Premier Boys going to say about ‘um, when the “flares” (not trouser type), start going off in the grounds, home & away !!!

Bound to happen.

TOSSERS

I said the same about Fulham when they were promoted insomuch as there are plenty who play with the same style as them only with better players.

I think they will do OK, they will spend and have a good manager.

Another annoying football term - "X belong in the Premier League". By implication it means that if Leeds "should be" in the PL someone else shouldn't (or several teams shouldn't, given it took them 16 hilarious years to get back there). So who is the team who don't belong there?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Another annoying football term - "X belong in the Premier League". By implication it means that if Leeds "should be" in the PL someone else shouldn't (or several teams shouldn't, given it took them 16 hilarious years to get back there). So who is the team who don't belong there?
    A few but Watford spring to mind....

Hate leeds , hope they come straight back down

Forest won two back to back european cups under clough

Do they deserve champions league football ?

Certainly more than Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    A few but Watford spring to mind....
    Damn right. They should be demoted for not being Leeds enough.

See my post of a moment ago.

I’m already sick of their entitled fans and the media obsession with them going up.

I hope they go back down just to shut everyone up again.
    They've got a good support, proper old-fashioned ground and some decent players. Plus a manager who will use his knowledge and extensive contacts to bring in some really good players. I doubt they'll come back down, but the PL has a habit of bringing clubs back down to earth [or the Championship !], whilst other less-fancied clubs like Burnley, Sheff. Utd seem to take it in their stride..

Damn right. They should be demoted for not being Leeds enough.
    I would personally like to see the greedy league packed with clubs like Watford, Barnsley , Rotherham , Rochdale , Bury , Preston etc

I hate the glory clubs , liverpool , united , chelsea , arsenal , leeds , spurs etc

When I was at college I supported cardiff , my mate from liverpool was an Evertonian and another lad on our block was a swansea fan from gorseinon

This pillock from Brighton was known as plastic , he was a leeds fan , he had never been , ever and in our first year didnt bother making the 45 minute trip once to leeds to see them . He even had a replica shirt .

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    They've got a good support, proper old-fashioned ground and some decent players. Plus a manager who will use his knowledge and extensive contacts to bring in some really good players. I doubt they'll come back down, but the PL has a habit of bringing clubs back down to earth [or the Championship !], whilst other less-fancied clubs like Burnley, Sheff. Utd seem to take it in their stride..
    Bournemouth, Watford have had a good few years, I love it when they turn over the fancy Dans

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I would personally like to see the greedy league packed with clubs like Watford, Barnsley , Rotherham , Rochdale , Bury , Preston etc

I hate the glory clubs , liverpool , united , chelsea , arsenal , leeds , spurs etc

When I was at college I supported cardiff , my mate from liverpool was an Evertonian and another lad on our block was a swansea fan from gorseinon

This pillock from Brighton was known as plastic , he was a leeds fan , he had never been , ever and in our first year didnt bother making the 45 minute trip once to leeds to see them . He even had a replica shirt .

...what a ****

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Indeed. You earn the right to be there, none of this "belonging" bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ...what a ****
    No tip , no fare ?

It's good news for Tyler Roberts and for Wales.

Leeds are one of the biggest 20 clubs in England so should be in the Premier League. They had a small amount of success (in comparison to others) and those who grew up with that success are the ones driving it.

Expect them to struggle like every other club who goes up. They arent anything special it feels like a weak league this year, we have had a poor season and may still go up.

Re: Entitled fans

I have just managed to forget about the media love-in for what was a terrible Norwich side and now I’m already tired of how great it is going to be to have Leeds back in the Premier League.

It normally doesn’t bother me but seeing all the fuss about Leeds irritates me. ��

Don’t forget Fulham when we last went up, they must have won the league by a record number of points. Did they then somehow go down again?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    They don’t even own their own ground do they? It doesn’t matter how many you get thru the turnstiles anymore. They get 40,000 I’m sure which is great, we got 33,000 didn’t we? If they get bought by some wealthy oil type then they can challenge but until then they are just another club trying to survive

Indeed. You earn the right to be there, none of this "belonging" bollocks.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Expect them to struggle like every other club who goes up.
    Wolves didn’t struggle. Sheffield United aren’t struggling. Not sure about Leeds next season. They’ve won the Championship comfortably enough in the end, but they have never looked that great to me. They’ll need a striker or two, that’s for sure.

We had the 11th best attendances last season in the Premier League and with our catchment area could be classed as a big club and challenge the top 7 with the right Manager! Let’s hope Neil Harris is the New Sean Dyche!

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Leeds are one of the biggest 20 clubs in England so should be in the Premier League. They had a small amount of success (in comparison to others) and those who grew up with that success are the ones driving it.

Expect them to struggle like every other club who goes up. They arent anything special it feels like a weak league this year, we have had a poor season and may still go up.
    Thanks to Revie's backhanders (allegedly)