+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leeds in the PL. Ambition or setting themselves up for an almighty fall ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Leeds in the PL. Ambition or setting themselves up for an almighty fall ?

Leeds are one of the biggest 20 clubs in England so should be in the Premier League. They had a small amount of success (in comparison to others) and those who grew up with that success are the ones driving it.

Expect them to struggle like every other club who goes up. They arent anything special it feels like a weak league this year, we have had a poor season and may still go up.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Expect them to struggle like every other club who goes up.
    Wolves didn’t struggle. Sheffield United aren’t struggling. Not sure about Leeds next season. They’ve won the Championship comfortably enough in the end, but they have never looked that great to me. They’ll need a striker or two, that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Wolves didn’t struggle. Sheffield United aren’t struggling. Not sure about Leeds next season. They’ve won the Championship comfortably enough in the end, but they have never looked that great to me. They’ll need a striker or two, that’s for sure.
    Leeds have had 12 players make 12 starts or more, and some of them aren't staying. Their squad is tiny. I don't think they'll stay up, Brighton surely won't loan them Ben White next season and Leeds have got to spend 21m on Augustin, who they don't even want. They need a major strengthening and will spend 37m on players that won't improve the side in Costa and Augustin.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Leeds have had 12 players make 12 starts or more, and some of them aren't staying. Their squad is tiny.
    Goes to show what an excellent job the manager has done.

Goes to show what an excellent job the manager has done.
    That's the way he likes it, Bielsa is not for changing!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    That's the way he likes it, Bielsa is not for changing!
    It'll be interesting to see what he does with them in the top flight. I don't think anything can be assumed at this stage.

It'll be interesting to see what he does with them in the top flight. I don't think anything can be assumed at this stage.
    They're (understandably) desperate to get out of the JKA deal. If they have to spend 21m on him, it will massively impact their transfer dealings. They can struggle to convert their chances and as we've seen, Premier League sides don't need second invitations. I'm almost certain he will stay but it wouldn't be completely out of character for Bielsa to walk away.

We had the 11th best attendances last season in the Premier League and with our catchment area could be classed as a big club and challenge the top 7 with the right Manager! Let’s hope Neil Harris is the New Sean Dyche!

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Leeds are one of the biggest 20 clubs in England so should be in the Premier League. They had a small amount of success (in comparison to others) and those who grew up with that success are the ones driving it.

Expect them to struggle like every other club who goes up. They arent anything special it feels like a weak league this year, we have had a poor season and may still go up.
    Thanks to Revie's backhanders (allegedly)