+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Huddersfield sack Cowley

Huddersfield sack Cowley

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53464813

Huddersfield Town have sacked manager Danny Cowley after 10 months in charge of the Championship club.

Cowley's sacked by Huddersfield

Huddersfield has today relieved Danny Cowley of his duties as Manager.

Assistant Manager Nicky Cowley will also depart the Club immediately.

Banned

Re: Huddersfield sack Cowley

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53464813

Huddersfield Town have sacked manager Danny Cowley after 10 months in charge of the Championship club.
    He really should have stuck it at Lincoln City.

Didn't they just beat West Brom? Bizarre

Huddersfield are not seeking applicants for the job, I wonder if they mmay offer it to Mark Hudson?

Strange one though - I reckon there may have been a bust up behind the scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Didn't they just beat West Brom? Bizarre
    I was quite an advocate of the Cowley Brothers while they were at Lincoln, without really knowing their methods. I watched a few of their training methods on the Tube and it looked very uncomfortable. Really high intensity with complicated pass and touch routines, the players were really struggling to carry out the exercise. Cowley was like a barking dog,it was all 'go,go,go' I suppose that it can work with limited players and small squads. It'll be interesting to see where they end up.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Huddersfield are not seeking applicants for the job, I wonder if they mmay offer it to Mark Hudson?

You could be right, Cowley came across a bit intense. If i had to make a call then i'd say that the players couldn't cope with him.

One of the worst sides I've seen. I'm quite surprised but I think they'll look to blood youngsters and go from there. Think Bob could be right with Hudson.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    You could be right, Cowley came across a bit intense. If i had to make a call then i'd say that the players couldn't cope with him.
    Wouldn't be surprised if the chairman slashed the budget for next season and Cowley's didn't fancy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised if the chairman slashed the budget for next season and Cowley's didn't fancy it.
    Maybe. I know that Cowley is a beast when it comes to work ethic and discipline, he doesn't have any tolerance for people who aren't on his page so to speak.

Maybe. I know that Cowley is a beast when it comes to work ethic and discipline, he doesn't have any tolerance for people who aren't on his page so to speak.
    Their entire side then. We completely outclassed them in February. It was embarrassing and could have been 5 or 6.

Gosh didn't our club do so much better in employing Harris

Football is bonkers. With this decision and the Watford decision today clubs are giving managers no time at all to put their stamp on the club.

One of the worst sides I've seen. I'm quite surprised but I think they'll look to blood youngsters and go from there. Think Bob could be right with Hudson.
    They're shit. Some clown wrote on here that they'd rather have Huddersfield's squad after we lost at Fulham.

I was quite an advocate of the Cowley Brothers while they were at Lincoln, without really knowing their methods. I watched a few of their training methods on the Tube and it looked very uncomfortable. Really high intensity with complicated pass and touch routines, the players were really struggling to carry out the exercise. Cowley was like a barking dog,it was all 'go,go,go' I suppose that it can work with limited players and small squads. It'll be interesting to see where they end up.
    Bristol, after they realise Klopp etc don't want the job there and look at more realistic targets.

Cowley left after a disagreement over transfers and the budget for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Hudson has gone as well. Looks like they are going for Carlos Corberan, Leeds United assistant, to be their next boss