+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watford sack Nigel Pearson

Watford sack Nigel Pearson

Still got two games to go and not secure from relegation yet.

Waiting for the official announcement.

Re: Watford sack Nigel Pearson

I would think they would need him in the championship ??

Sean Dyche back, if they manage to stay up

Ridiculous decision.
    Not sure exactly what has happened to Watford since lockdown but the guy is a good manager and even if they went down (I still think they would have been okay) Pearson is a manager who would have a better than decent chance of a return.
    Hope they go down now along with Villa and Norwich.

Odd timing

I wanted Watford to go down before this absurd decision, now, if there is any justice, they will go down - who'd take a job with a club that does things like this? Plenty is probably the sad answer.

Man City and Arsenal last two.
    They will need some sort of divine intervention anyway.

Watford are 3 points ahead of Bournemouth (who are currently losing against Southampton) and Villa

Watford have two games to play. Home to Man City and away at Arsenal.

If they lose both of those they could quite likely be dragged into the bottom three if Bournemouth or Villa win one more game.

Their recent managerial history is ridiculous. They looked amazing at times last year and the year before. I think hiring Pearson was probably the wrong decision, but firing him before what (looking at their remaining two fixtures) will probably be a Championship campaign next season is plain stupid. I don't really care about the teams around them except Villa because **** them. I kind of want Bournemouth to go down because I'm jealous of their success. But now, I'd take Bournemouth to stay up over Watford.

He's the third manager that they have sacked this season. I hope they get relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    He's the third manager that they have sacked this season. I hope they get relegated.
    Agreed, although if they bring someone in and manage to survive alot of football fans will see it as an astute decision, such is the way of football.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Their recent managerial history is ridiculous. They looked amazing at times last year and the year before. I think hiring Pearson was probably the wrong decision, but firing him before what (looking at their remaining two fixtures) will probably be a Championship campaign next season is plain stupid. I don't really care about the teams around them except Villa because **** them. I kind of want Bournemouth to go down because I'm jealous of their success. But now, I'd take Bournemouth to stay up over Watford.
    Bournemouth just blew what was a great opportunity to stay up, and they seemed to be coming into some good form too. Should they sack Eddie Howe before the last game? Football is a bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I wanted Watford to go down before this absurd decision, now, if there is any justice, they will go down - who'd take a job with a club that does things like this? Plenty is probably the sad answer.
    They were marooned at the bottom when he took over, so he has basically saved them from relegation and now they’ve sacked him! I think he is quite outspoken as he unjustly got sacked from Leicester after saving them from relegation. I hope Watford go down, little club with horrible owners!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    They were marooned at the bottom when he took over, so he has basically saved them from relegation and now they’ve sacked him! I think he is quite outspoken as he unjustly got sacked from Leicester after saving them from relegation. I hope Watford go down, little club with horrible owners!
    This is quite funny...

Odd decision. Also saw Huddersfield have sacked cowley a few days after they beat west brom and are safe

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Was hoping they would stay up (I wanted West Ham to go down) but hope they go down as well now.

Bit of a weirdo is Pearson......he’d be well at home posting on here

Watford FC confirms that Nigel Pearson has left the club with immediate effect.

Hayden Mullins, with Graham Stack as his assistant, will take up the position of Interim Head Coach for the Hornets’ final two Premier League fixtures of the 2019/20 season.

There will be no further club comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Saw a stat earlier that on a win ratio and points per game basis he's their most successful manager in the Premier League

Apparently he had a falling out with their owner after their defeat at West Ham. That's his third job that's ended with him arguing with the owners and getting sacked absolute nutcase

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Apparently he had a falling out with their owner after their defeat at West Ham. That's his third job that's ended with him arguing with the owners and getting sacked absolute nutcase
    I don't think falling out with Watford's owner is too difficult

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bit of a weirdo is Pearson......he’d be well at home posting on here
    👍😂

More seemingly emerging about an alleged altercation with one of the players....

If that’s the case he’ll not manage in the UK again

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    More seemingly emerging about an alleged altercation with one of the players....

If that’s the case he’ll not manage in the UK again
    That's rather an amusing statement, if I may say.