+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: Barnsley 1 - 0 Forest

FT: Barnsley 1 - 0 Forest

Currently 0 - 0

A Barnsley win will keep them in the hunt for survival. And defeat for Forest would mean that both Cardiff and Swansea could make the play offs (but would need a 3 - 0 Swansea win on Wednesday and a 3 - 0 Forest defeat).

A draw sees Barnsley down and Forest confirmed in the play offs

Re: Barnsley v Forest

20mins to go still 0-0. We could yet get 5th spot.

Barnsley should be winning this.

They are well on top.

The only thing Forest are leading with is fouls!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Barnsley should be winning this.

They are well on top.

The only thing Forest are leading with is fouls!
    I agree. I think we are a better team than Forest.

1-0 Barnsley

94th minute winner.

Barnsley still in with a chance. Have to beat Brentford away on Wednesday.

Forest not confirmed a play off place yet

Owing to 3rd place woes, I’d be least confident playing Fulham over 2 legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Owing to 3rd place woes, I’d be least confident playing Fulham over 2 legs.
    I tend to agree with you.

Are Hull relegated albeit subject to mathematical miracle?

Small chance the jacks could finish in the top 6 with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Depends on the points deduction for Wednesday and Wigan

Re: FT: Barnsley 1 - 0 Forest

Barnsley, Charlton and Hull all away to sides in the top six in their final matches, while Luton are home to Blackburn and Wigan face fourth placed Fulham at home.

Forest are at home to a Stoke side with nothing to play for, but they certainly didn't look like a team already on holiday when beating Brentford yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Depends on the points deduction for Wednesday and Wigan
    It is totally crazy that the EFL have still not made a decision about penalties (points deductions) for Wednesday and Derby - and almost as crazy that the 12 point deduction announced for Wigan has come at a time when any appeal cannot be resolved before the season ends.

The Wigan situation is not the fault of the EFL - but they are completely responsible for the other two. They have already dealt with Birmingham (including a successful EFL appeal that produced a guilty verdict - but no points deduction). They seem to be deliberately treading water with Wednesday and Derby.

If Wednesday get the 9 point deduction that most pundits were predicting a few weeks back they would be in the relegation zone!

It is totally crazy that the EFL have still not made a decision about penalties (points deductions) for Wednesday and Derby - and almost as crazy that the 12 point deduction announced for Wigan has come at a time when any appeal cannot be resolved before the season ends.

The Wigan situation is not the fault of the EFL - but they are completely responsible for the other two. They have already dealt with Birmingham (including a successful EFL appeal that produced a guilty verdict - but no points deduction). They seem to be deliberately treading water with Wednesday and Derby.

If Wednesday get the 9 point deduction that most pundits were predicting a few weeks back they would be in the relegation zone!
    They like to see how the games pan out so they can then relegate who they want

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Small chance the jacks could finish in the top 6 with us.
    Oh please, no! I don't think my heart could survive a City vs Swansea game in the play-offs.

Well done Barnsley BTW. What a crazy division is the Championship eh?

It's an absolute disgrace in all honesty. This has been rumbling on for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's an absolute disgrace in all honesty. This has been rumbling on for months.
    It is, so unfair on all parties, all clubs should be going into Wednesday’s fixtures knowing exactly what they require. The EFL had the whole of lockdown to sort things out. Its going to be like the biggest VAR decision, the final whistles will go yet some clubs will still be sweating, bloody cruel, especially on the fans, players can move on, they can’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Oh please, no! I don't think my heart could survive a City vs Swansea game in the play-offs.
    It wouldn't be in the semis. It would be the final....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It wouldn't be in the semis. It would be the final....
    How will the plod cope with all those fans heading to Wembley from S Wales... Oh, wait.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    How will the plod cope with all those fans heading to Wembley from S Wales... Oh, wait.
    There would be some who would go anyway I bet, with some agro thrown in somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Perhaps we could have an outside bar somewhere where both sets of fans could mingle in a friendly manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Perhaps we could have an outside bar somewhere where both sets of fans could mingle in a friendly manner.
    We could buy each other cocktails whilst watching the game, then at the end, the losing fans could congratulate the victors, and form a guard of honour as they triumphantly vacate the boozer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    If Wigan get 12 points deducted and lose their final game they are on 46,
    If Luton & Barnsley lose their final games they are on 48 and 46 respectively. If hull beat us they are on 48. So would be tied for last playoff place and first safe place and it would be on goal difference.
    Hull would need a three goal swing so would have to beat us by two if Luton only lose by one.

Barnsley could also draw and Hull could still make it IF Luton lose.

But the bigger IF is Wigan points deduction, Hull could beat us and the other results go their way but they would not know they are safe until the 12 points gets confirmed.

I think....

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    If Wigan get 12 points deducted and lose their final game they are on 46,
    If Luton & Barnsley lose their final games they are on 48 and 46 respectively. If hull beat us they are on 48. So would be tied for last playoff place and first safe place and it would be on goal difference.
    Hull would need a three goal swing so would have to beat us by two if Luton only lose by one.

Barnsley could also draw and Hull could still make it IF Luton lose.

But the bigger IF is Wigan points deduction, Hull could beat us and the other results go their way but they would not know they are safe until the 12 points gets confirmed.

I think....
    Hull do not need a goal swing with Luton. Hull already have a better GD than Luton. Hull -27, Luton are -29.