+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Season tickets out Wednesday

Season tickets out Wednesday

Good pricing but no refunds for games played behind closed doors, or any student tickets

Re: Season tickets out Wednesday

We will be ready , during lockdown, I've freshly ironed and prepared all my Stone Island gear in readiness .

No refunds for any games played behind closed doors. Can’t see there being a massive uptake when even the most optimistic outlook is that they’ll hopefully get some fans back in by October at the earliest.

Can anyone remember what the season ticket credit amount was or how we find out the amount?

Weren't we meant to get a discount off next season's ticket if we chose option 1 after lockdown?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Weren't we meant to get a discount off next season's ticket if we chose option 1 after lockdown?
    And option 2, option 1 was the Academy donation, option 2 was the no refund, both with discounts off the next season ticket and a code for the remaining games of this season. Option 3 was shot at dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    And option 2, option 1 was the Academy donation, option 2 was the no refund, both with discounts off the next season ticket and a code for the remaining games of this season. Option 3 was shot at dawn.
    oh yeah I meant option 2

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    No refunds for any games played behind closed doors. Can’t see there being a massive uptake when even the most optimistic outlook is that they’ll hopefully get some fans back in by October at the earliest.
    Problem with that is Wales are being more cautious than England with getting things back to"normal" . If England are allowed back in October for example then Wales likely won't allow fans into stadiums until November/December time. Can't see many fans taking up offer if club won't refund partial games if playing behind closed doors

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Good pricing but no refunds for games played behind closed doors, or any student tickets
    Theoretically, you could pay £329 for a season ticket and get to see no games whatsoever, and be entitled to nothing back.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Theoretically, you could pay £329 for a season ticket and get to see no games whatsoever, and be entitled to nothing back.
    exactly, I think the club need to rethink that,as can't see many taking up the offer, they should either refund on pro rata or at least give you credit towards season after or credit towards club shop.

At least you could watch the games on live stream. I'd pay to keep that service going for away games.

When does the season start?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    The biggest omission from the statement is ‘social distancing’.
    The ground may reopen but there could be an insistence on every other seat and or row being empty.
    It would be a nightmare to sort and to police.
    In that event fans may not wish to go and therefore the lack of a refund would be an issue.
    The Q&A says no refund. Alternative seats would be allocated.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Poor from the club imo.

At this stage it's a no from me.

You're not doing a very good job of selling this to me! All joking aside, it's crazy that we could pay out hundreds of pounds of our hard earned cash and not get to see any games! Might need a rethink by the Club I reckon! Surely for the games that we can't physically attend either because of behind closed doors or a reduced capacity there should be a reduction for the following season?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TERRY BLUE View Post
    You're not doing a very good job of selling this to me! All joking aside, it's crazy that we could pay out hundreds of pounds of our hard earned cash and not get to see any games! Might need a rethink by the Club I reckon! Surely for the games that we can't physically attend either because of behind closed doors or a reduced capacity there should be a reduction for the following season?
    Would any of this be legal?

Even with a £10 streaming voucher, that would equate to £230 if every game was behind closed doors. A family of 4 may spend about £800 on season tickets, and need only one stream.

What happens if there is a cup tie at home. Does the club charge £20 so we can have a £10 streaming voucher?

It is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    When does the season start?
    Not confirmed yet. Sep 12th is the suggested date.

I'd expect any streaming alternative would also include away games. The issue is if we got into the premier league would it include the games on Sky or BT (which I don't subscribe to).

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Can anyone remember what the season ticket credit amount was or how we find out the amount?
    I took the price of my season ticket and divided it by 23 (the number of home games) and then multiplied that figure by 5 (the number of home games behind closed doors) the figure i got would be the discount i get off next seasons ticket. Am I right?

The early discount ends about 3 hrs before kick off in the championship play off final...

I suspect prices may creep up the next day if we are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I'd expect any streaming alternative would also include away games. The issue is if we got into the premier league would it include the games on Sky or BT (which I don't subscribe to).
    The FAQs say only home games.

It's a no for me after a ST for every season since the bob bank was seated. Appreciate the club - like the rest of them - are in a difficult position but it's a glorified TV pass..

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Problem with that is Wales are being more cautious than England with getting things back to"normal" . If England are allowed back in October for example then Wales likely won't allow fans into stadiums until November/December time. Can't see many fans taking up offer if club won't refund partial games if playing behind closed doors
    they wont be worried about fans until the six nations is due to start

I understand that City are looking to play home games at Ashton Gate if the regulations in Wales won't allow such things when the season starts.