+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Season tickets out Wednesday

Re: Season tickets out Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    They've changed policy now on the refunds
    Where does it say that mate? Still says the same on the website

I read it as saying they may review at some point based on government guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Where does it say that mate? Still says the same on the website
    On website at the bottom

On website at the bottom
    Ah got it, ta. Not sure exactly what they're saying there to be honest

to me it's saying if government advice changes (unable to enter stadiums ) then they will look at doing the same as what they did for this season just gone so credit towards following year

to me it's saying if government advice changes (unable to enter stadiums ) then they will look at doing the same as what they did for this season just gone so credit towards following year

Seems like that , but it’s a bit gibberishy in it . (I made that word up )

3000 sold so far.

Edit close to 3000.

I just renewed

This was just sent out to Trust members;-

"The Trust issued the following statement today related to Cardiff City's season ticket offer for 2020-21.

Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust has slammed a total lack of consultation with supporter groups over the launch of Cardiff City’s season ticket offer for 2020-21 season.

Keith Morgan, Trust Chair, said: “We fully appreciate the need for the club to generate cash following a long period of very limited income caused by the COVID-9 pandemic. But we are very disappointed at the cavalier way the club has launched the new season ticket without any official discussions with supporter groups. Sadly, it smacks of a lack of respect for fans.

“If the club had talked to us we might have been able to resolve some of the genuine concerns raised by our members and other supporters about this offer.

“There are so many questions that need answering. Why is the club not offering refunds if matches are played behind closed doors or if there are reduced attendance matches which supporters are unable to attend?

“The offer of streaming against no refund is not good enough and very poor value for supporters. The no refund offer would seriously impact on families in particular, potentially costing them hundreds of pounds, if a number of games are behind closed doors.

“It is quite possible that full crowds may not return until 2021, yet the club is not offering refunds.

“There are also serious questions that need resolution including how the seating would work in the event of reduced attendances, about fans being allowed to sit together as normal and who exactly the opportunity to defer season tickets until 2021-22 applies to. Does it apply to only those who are shielding under government instructions or other supporters that feel vulnerable?”

Review of policy

The Club commits to reviewing policy at regular junctures over the coming weeks and months. Should government or governing body policy alter the intentions laid out in this statement, the Club will consider alternatives including the option of issuing pro-rata credits against future sales as recently undertaken for the 2019/20 season.

But the Government advice currently is don't enter stadiums, so if that remains the position all next season their advice hasn't changed therefore no change to City's terms regarding refund no?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Review of policy

The Club commits to reviewing policy at regular junctures over the coming weeks and months. Should government or governing body policy alter the intentions laid out in this statement, the Club will consider alternatives including the option of issuing pro-rata credits against future sales as recently undertaken for the 2019/20 season.
    But the Government advice currently is don't enter stadiums, so if that remains the position all next season their advice hasn't changed therefore no change to City's terms regarding refund no?

It’s unclear what they are saying.

They don’t exactly say they’ll issue credit, just that they’ll look at it

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It’s unclear what they are saying.

They don’t exactly say they’ll issue credit, just that they’ll look at it
    it's an extremely vague statement

Banned

it's an extremely vague statement
    Deliberately so. But, frankly, the club have a history of reneging on deals so I wouldn't put much weight in anything they say.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Deliberately so. But, frankly, the club have a history of reneging on deals so I wouldn't put much weight in anything they say.
    Which deals in particular do you have in mind?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Only one relating to fans that comes to my mind was that golden ticket. But that was a Risdale scheme when we were struggling for cash a decade ago.

I'm going to wait until we can return to the stadium otherwise I may be throwing money away. If they offer streaming then they'll do the same as this season and I can pay £10 per game if they offer it. If the stadium reopens eventually I can use the credit towards a half season or flexi ticket as I'm not precious about sitting in an exact seat.

One thing I don't think mentioned so far is singing. It is likely to be banned even if the stadium reopens as that projects droplets of coronavirus over a greater distance than 2 metres.

As others have said the last statement is odd. They talk about reviewing the policy if Government advice changes. Current Government advice is stadiums are to remain closed yet they still persist in selling tickets.

Under current guidance and terms they don't have to provide a refund, credit or streaming for games from 12th September to at least 1st October and that's providing WG open Wales as quickly as Boris' cavalier approach. Sorry wrong forum

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We will be ready , during lockdown, I've freshly ironed and prepared all my Stone Island gear in readiness .
    welcome to 2020

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Golden ticket is a prime one but the one that I (and from what I can understand, only I) retain bitterness about is the promise that all last season season ticket holders at Ninian Park were to have their names put up on a wall in the CCS, which was never mentioned again. I'll take the resentment to my grave

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I'm going to wait until we can return to the stadium otherwise I may be throwing money away. If they offer streaming then they'll do the same as this season and I can pay £10 per game if they offer it. If the stadium reopens eventually I can use the credit towards a half season or flexi ticket as I'm not precious about sitting in an exact seat.

One thing I don't think mentioned so far is singing. It is likely to be banned even if the stadium reopens as that projects droplets of coronavirus over a greater distance than 2 metres.
    How could they enforce that?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I think the Club are making a right hash with season ticket sales, and it's going to leave a lot of fans disappointed and maybe out of pocket.

Realistically the opening of football to fans will be phased. There will be very limited numbers to start and social distancing will apply. No groups sitting together unless family members, masks will be worn, no singing or chanting ( how to enforce that??)

If people have to be given one metre clearance that's approx 2 seat widths.....one person per 3 seats. In our stadium that will reduce the capacity to about 11,000 for starters. Add to that alternate rows are likely to be taken out as well to give fans an all round 1 metre clearance, and we are down to a capacity of less than 6,000

3,000 season tickets sold the first day.....the Club seems to think Covid-secure doesn't apply to them

The people moaning on this thread about how the club are dealing with this are all idiots and have form for continually moaning about anything the club does in the past. How the hell are they supposed to do it. They have had no fan or stadium income for over four months and are losing millions every month. Every club is in exactly the same position. Perhaps they should just let themselves go bust? They have already given everyone who wants it credit from this seasons refund against next year and given free access to watch all the remaining games. With the new offer, everyone who renews early gets £20 or £10 free city cash to use when they want and anyone who is shielding only has to pay 20% deposit to hold their seat and then can come back to watch when they want. The general season ticket prices are also cheap, particularly as we are still in with a shout of the Premier League. The fact that over 3000 people renewed on the first day confirms that the vast majority of fans see this as a good offer and are prepared to back the club at this very difficult time. The fact that some constant wingers on this board aren't prepared to back the club should come as no surprise to anyone, so jog on, the club is better off without you.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The people moaning on this thread about how the club are dealing with this are all idiots and have form for continually moaning about anything the club does in the past. How the hell are they supposed to do it. They have had no fan or stadium income for over four months and are losing millions every month. Every club is in exactly the same position. Perhaps they should just let themselves go bust? They have already given everyone who wants it credit from this seasons refund against next year and given free access to watch all the remaining games. With the new offer, everyone who renews early gets £20 or £10 free city cash to use when they want and anyone who is shielding only has to pay 20% deposit to hold their seat and then can come back to watch when they want. The general season ticket prices are also cheap, particularly as we are still in with a shout of the Premier League. The fact that over 3000 people renewed on the first day confirms that the vast majority of fans see this as a good offer and are prepared to back the club at this very difficult time. The fact that some constant wingers on this board aren't prepared to back the club should come as no surprise to anyone, so jog on, the club is better off without you.
    They’ve solved most of the problems, obviously they made knee jerk options, which once thought about, they reversed. Wonderful.

But, why only sales on the internet ????

Why not phones or window sales straight away.
    With a lot of fans, it’s like pilgrimage renewing or buying tickets. Things are not normal, by a long shot, but everywhere, people are trying to get back to normal. The internet is not normal for a lot of older fans and by waiting for the phones to open on Wednesday, some fans are missing out on “what should be available to everyone”

Ice creams anyone ????

PS:——- I question the 3000 figure !!!! I

I think you’ll find this is level 3/4 businesses

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    That's a load of rubbish. The Club are offering something that they know they unlikely to be able to fulfil to a significant number of their fans. They are acting as if the season will be more or less normal. They are unclear about what happens if fans can't attend because of restrictions and streaming a game whilst paying to be there is poor value.

Yes, shielding fans can defer, but shielding ends in Wales on 16 August so no one will be shielding after that date.

As for no income, almost all staff have been furloughed ( which is probably why season tickets are on line only), plus the club have done OK with TV coverage fees and now the playoffs are being televised as well.

And you are right, the prices for tickets are good, but the Club is selling them as there will be no or little Covid effect on live games, which is totally irresponsible. They've done the usual...'Ready....Fire....Aim'