Is the ticket office open tomorrow?
    Only for most normal fans.

Re: Season tickets out Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Is the ticket office open tomorrow?
    I’ve been told it’s tinternet only.

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I think a seat is around half a metre wide, so to get a 2 metre distance will be four vacant seats. The Club will probably opt for a 1 metre gap with safeguards ie masks to be worn.

Even then it means one person for three seats...stadium capacity of 11,000, although that may increase as family members from the same household will be allowed to sit together.
    So no hugging each other when city score and definitely no going to the bogs during the game unless of course you can hover from your seat to the toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Only for most normal fans.
    What about for City fans

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Wigan are in trouble because of Covid and their fans raised money to put into club to keep it going for the rest of the season. So yes it is directly related and the issue is hardly funny is it ?
    No they aren't. They were bought in June, Covid has nothing to do with Wigan going into administration.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-investigation

Wigan are at the centre of a massive scandal, so no it isn't a fair comparison to fans not wanting to buy season tickets

I've written to City suggesting I send them £159 as I think that is what a season ticket is worth next season.

This message has just been sent out to Trust members;-

Cardiff City: Season Tickets 2020-21

Dear Member

You may have seen details of the club’s proposals for fans wishing to renew/buy season tickets for the next season. The link is here https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...sale-wednesday.

The Trust is very disappointed that club officials did not consult us before publishing its proposals.

Concerns have been raised about the value of the alternative offer of match streaming (with no credit of the match ticket cost) if games are played behind closed doors. This will have a significant financial impact, particularly on families.

Clarification is also needed on who exactly will qualify to defer their ticket to the 2021-22 season. Is it only those who are shielding or will people over 70 who are in the vulnerable category as designated by the UK Government also qualify.

There is also the issue of seating if games are played with reduced capacity in the next season.

If members have any questions they would like us to raise, please email members@ccfctrust.org. We will then add them to the growing list of queries we will take up with the club.

Keith Morgan, Chair

When we took the option 2 refund credit I thought it was ‘stream8ng plus a credit towards next season’.

No mention.

I can’t believe the club’s stance.

How about...

Paying a ‘stream plus seat reservation fee’. Say 40%. When we can return to stadium we can then buy our seats initially match by match, then if normality returns, pay the balance.

It would be complicated to manage but would work and be fair. I’m not paying £1200 for 3 streams.

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    When we took the option 2 refund credit I thought it was ‘stream8ng plus a credit towards next season’.

No mention.

I can’t believe the club’s stance.

How about...

Paying a ‘stream plus seat reservation fee’. Say 40%. When we can return to stadium we can then buy our seats initially match by match, then if normality returns, pay the balance.

It would be complicated to manage but would work and be fair. I’m not paying £1200 for 3 streams.
    I saw the credit now 9n the main webpage and since read the Q&A. Surely Trading Standards need to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Good pricing but no refunds for games played behind closed doors, or any student tickets

no refunds for games is crazy. i assumed they'd sell them as normal and refund as credit pro-rata for games that fans cant make.

they are going to lose so many buys - especially if it all goes south on the pitch tonight.

F ucking disgraceful paragraph, no respect for the fans whatsoever

“Whilst we appreciate that not all supporters may wish (or be able to make use of) streaming services, there will be no price reduction or refund to a season ticket available in the event a fixture must be played behind closed doors.”

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    F ucking disgraceful paragraph, no respect for the fans whatsoever

“Whilst we appreciate that not all supporters may wish (or be able to make use of) streaming services, there will be no price reduction or refund to a season ticket available in the event a fixture must be played behind closed doors.”
    Agree I don't see how that can be legal selling a ticket for something that you can't provide then not giving refund back. What do they do for tickets that are same household, as would only need one code to watch the games.

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    Agree I don't see how that can be LEGALselling a ticket for something that you can't provide then not giving refund back. What do they do for tickets that are same household, as would only need one code to watch the games.
    I’m getting solicitor’s advice on this.

Plus, I got 4 tickets in one household

Agree I don't see how that can be legal selling a ticket for something that you can't provide then not giving refund back. What do they do for tickets that are same household, as would only need one code to watch the games.
    Perhaps I’m thick, but I’ve just renewed 2 season tickets and not seen this posted anywhere on emails or the website? pissed off now

Edit. Just read the bottom of the email, ffs

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Full capacity down the Liberty, every bugger’s related.
    Indeed, when it was announced that households of the same family could meet up,everyone in Swansea had a mass party where the women got together for the annual knitting of 6 fingered gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Perhaps I’m thick, but I’ve just renewed 2 season tickets and not seen this posted anywhere on emails or the website? pissed off now

Ask for your money back immediately, surely they can’t refuse !!!!

Besides the obvious, there's also an almost aggressive tone to the message which I find bizarre - as someone who has just donated around £50 to the club's Academy, it seems they are doing their best to ensure they won't be getting the £250 I normally pay for a season ticket as well

Really terrible PR by the club.

Apparently a U16 ticket in the family stand is £549

I've tweeted them yesterday about it

It's still up, and they've even reposted it numerous times today

They really know how to **** things up

has anybody successfully renewed their season ticket and applied the credit from this year/city cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post

If you renewed on line you should be able to cancel under the 14 day cooling off period rules. Quote that when you contact them.

I don't love what the club are doing but I'd imagine that it's perfectly legal if they tell you exactly what the deal is in advance, which they've done. It's up to you whether you take it up isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    has anybody successfully renewed their season ticket and applied the credit from this year/city cash?

Begs the question, WHY ?????

I can’t be certain yet, but what they are asking, even if not illegal, it’s definitely immoral.

If the club were in trouble and asked for £50, it wouldn’t be a problem. But to do it in this underhand way is disgusting. I’ve lost all respect for them at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Begs the question, WHY ?????

I can’t be certain yet, but what they are asking, even if not illegal, it’s definitely immoral.

If the club were in trouble and asked for £50, it wouldn’t be a problem. But to do it in this underhand way is disgusting. I’ve lost all respect for them at the moment.
    Sorry, I don't understand what's underhand. Like I said above, I don't feel particularly good about buying blind but they're not being sly about it. They've been very clear about what the deal is, it's up to us all whether we accept it or not.

Ho come at the bottom of my phone is a picture of Martin Lewis(apt piece of marketing for this thread)