+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QPR bid for Keiffer Moore accepted.

QPR bid for Keiffer Moore accepted.

According to the Daily Mail - apparently Wigan have accepted a bid £100k above the £2,000,000 one we had rejected in January.

Do we go back in for him? I wouldn't while it's uncertain what division we'll be in next season.

Re: QPR bid for Keiffer Moore accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    According to the Daily Mail - apparently Wigan have accepted a bid £100k above the £2,000,000 one we had rejected in January.

Do we go back in for him? I wouldn't while it's uncertain what division we'll be in next season.
    Definitely not if we go up but I'm not sure if he's what we need, I'd like ward to be given another contract and more of a run in the team if we stay down

Decent price. Him and Glatzle to choose from. Sounds good to me.

If we were to go up the price tag is reasonable. Last season in the Premier League it was clear the teams were not that keen on, or were not used to, dealing with route one football so Moore could be an asset to play alongside Glatzel who is not good in the air. At £2.1m he would be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Decent price. Him and Glatzle to choose from. Sounds good to me.
    Glatzel won't make much impression in the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Glatzel won't make much impression in the Premier League.
    You're right, neither would Keiffer Moore for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    You're right, neither would Keiffer Moore for that matter.
    Makes a difference when you have the likes of Dan James, Bale and Ramsey around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Makes a difference when you have the likes of Dan James, Bale and Ramsey around you.
    Absolutely!

Are we really hoping this is the answer to our prayers?

Don't Burnley play with 2 big strikers? Hardly alien to PL defenders is it.

He's what you buy to get mid table in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Are we really hoping this is the answer to our prayers?

Don't Burnley play with 2 big strikers? Hardly alien to PL defenders is it.

He's what you buy to get mid table in the Championship.
    Burnley have really struggled, you make a good point. He's a good player who's scored goals recently at a knock down price. I think we'll bid if we are in the division next season provided we feel we can ship a few bodies out.

Seems an unlikely QPR type player , Looks like a lanky version of Madine , if we stay in the Championship if we have aims to better our position no ,if he was have decent he'd have gone long before now ?

Agent media driven story alert ,me thinks .

its interesting, if we are in the prem, then most would say he wouldnt be good enough
    if we have hopes to be a top 5 championship team, once again most would say not good enough

BUT its once again a low cost risk, lets be honest 2 mill buys you nothing these days

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its interesting, if we are in the prem, then most would say he wouldnt be good enough
    if we have hopes to be a top 5 championship team, once again most would say not good enough

BUT its once again a low cost risk, lets be honest 2 mill buys you nothing these days
    that is true , west country lad may prefer us to the bright lights of Shepard's Bush, house insurance cheaper , less burglaries and parking fines in our metropolis , than that of the inner city of London

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    that is true , west country lad may prefer us to the bright lights of Shepard's Bush, house insurance cheaper , less burglaries and parking fines in our metropolis , than that of the inner city of London
    Trouble is, no one can get to the “inner city of Cardiff”, because the dopey councillors have BLOCKED IT OFF

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Burnley have really struggled, you make a good point. He's a good player who's scored goals recently at a knock down price. I think we'll bid if we are in the division next season provided we feel we can ship a few bodies out.
    My point about them was they play direct football in the PL and another person suggested defenders weren't used to it.

He's garbage. Looks good in a Wales team.

I'm certain that the players brought in by worncack and 'arris won't need much new investment in the team when we go up.

Regardless of what division we're in, I don't think he's the answer. However, If it's a choice between him or nobody, I'd take him.

My point about them was they play direct football in the PL and another person suggested defenders weren't used to it.

He's got 9 goals and is their fulcrum in a very good Wigan side, he isn't garbage.

He's got 9 goals and is their fulcrum in a very good Wigan side, he isn't garbage.
    You seem to be struggling with the fact I've got my own opinion.

I think he's garbage.

You seem to be struggling with the fact I've got my own opinion.

I think he's garbage.
    OK, and I think your opinion is garbage

OK, and I think your opinion is garbage
    I might get my 6 year old nephew to reply. You pair would get on.

I might get my 6 year old nephew to reply. You pair would get on.
    I gave you a reasoned response. You said it was your opinion so you were right, and I'm immature? OK. He's a big target man who wins the majority of his headers and holds the ball up. Wales' form changed when he came in the side, and he scores. Wales and Wigan play attacking football and you can't do that if your striker is "rubbish". He bullies pretty much every defender, Vida and Lovren for Croatia and Skrinar of Slovakia couldn't handle him, the latter is supposedly one of the best defenders in the world. He might not be everyone's cup of tea but he isn't rubbish.

Well they've managed to get to 9th despite all the defenders being used to it.

Not that I think we should buy him mind

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well they've managed to get to 9th despite all the defenders being used to it.

Not that I think we should buy him mind
    Thanks for helping me.

Thanks for helping me.
    I feel like I helped all