+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 3 Lions, a Pitch and a Wardrobe

3 Lions, a Pitch and a Wardrobe

Re: 3 Lions, a Pitch and a Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Pontprennau Bluebird View Post
    Thanks, I really enjoyed that. I'm with you completely about Celtic and I agree about the West Ham change strip with the hoops and the West Brom yelllow and green striped shirts (with sky blue shorts in the 70s if I remember rightly), but where are the references to mauve and yellow?

Can I just point out one, minor, error - you missed out the second n in Bobby Lennox.

Glad you enjoyed.

(Or is that “ennjoyed?”)

Yes a very enjoyable read thanks but the Real Madrid score is incorrect (should be 7-3) and Salah not Saleh.

Good read that, though WBA are definitely blue and white stripes not black and white as intimated, also Peter Thorne was another with his surname on the front and back of his shirt ( the ‘e’ is immaterial on this site as some buggers add it to Brian’s surname quite frequently when we know that’s a Malcolm thing.) A tale regarding an Italian shirt, Steve Derrett was telling me when he swapped his Welsh shirt with an Italy player after a match, his red jersey was soaked in sweat whereas the Italian’s was bone dry and he was wearing a vest underneath as well.

You mention "Dirty Leeds wore all white"
    black and white stripes up to a century ago, then changed to blue and white stripes until 1934
    and then blue and yellow quarters, then blue with a touch of yellow...
    then Revie made then all white in 1960 because he liked Real Madrid.

Good knowledge

I was aware of some of those configurations. The point I was making though was that 1960s were on the plain side. Man United seemed to grab the 70s by the scruff of the neck, though I accept that others also did.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Good read that, though WBA are definitely blue and white stripes not black and white as intimated, also Peter Thorne was another with his surname on the front and back of his shirt ( the ‘e’ is immaterial on this site as some buggers add it to Brian’s surname quite frequently when we know that’s a Malcolm thing.) A tale regarding an Italian shirt, Steve Derrett was telling me when he swapped his Welsh shirt with an Italy player after a match, his red jersey was soaked in sweat whereas the Italian’s was bone dry and he was wearing a vest underneath as well.
    Navy Blue.... I will give you that.

Article is being updated.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thanks, I really enjoyed that. I'm with you completely about Celtic and I agree about the West Ham change strip with the hoops and the West Brom yelllow and green striped shirts (with sky blue shorts in the 70s if I remember rightly), but where are the references to mauve and yellow?

Can I just point out one, minor, error - you missed out the second n in Bobby Lennox.

Mauve and yellow wasn't that fetching....
    IMG_20200724_124520.jpg