+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone off to Spain in the next few weeks?

Anyone off to Spain in the next few weeks?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...force-22394599

“Worrying coronavirus surge in Spain may force Brits to quarantine on holiday return
    Spain could be taken off Britain's 'safe' list of countries in which those arriving into the UK don't have to quarantine for 14 days after a surge in virus cases”

Squeaky bum time.

Re: Anyone off to Spain in the next few weeks?

Leaving 13th Aug

Majorca

Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post

“Worrying coronavirus surge in Spain may force Brits to quarantine on holiday return
    Spain could be taken off Britain's 'safe' list of countries in which those arriving into the UK don't have to quarantine for 14 days after a surge in virus cases”

Squeaky bum time.
    Not for me ta. Not from any huge concern about catching it, more I'd rather wait until a holiday is a proper holiday and not a Coronavirus assault course

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Leaving 13th Aug

Majorca

Can't wait
    Enjoy Christmas out there

I'm off soon, can't wait .

Just be responsible, be careful, wash your hands , chose your interaction carefully , try avoiding touching your face ( which is tough )

Gosh this sound like advise given by the government/scientist pre lockdown , when folk were taking the piss of the advise to the wash your hands for 20 seconds to the tune of happy birthday .

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Squeaky bum time.

It’s the sun , too much to drink and that foreign food that gives you a squeaky bum nqat

Wear a mask on the plane. What will you do if you find out you have to self quarantine for 14 days when you get back?

A couple I know went on a 4 wk holiday to Lanzarote on March 5th and finally returned home on July 11th after over 4 months confined to their holiday accommodation. They were allowed out for one hour a day for shopping. True story.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    A couple I know went on a 4 wk holiday to Lanzarote on March 5th and finally returned home on July 11th after over 4 months confined to their holiday accommodation. They were allowed out for one hour a day for shopping. True story.

StT.
    <><
    I love Lanzarote and am hoping to retire there one day soonish, Brexit notwithstanding. Infact, I'm off there for two weeks in October, coronavirus notwithstanding. It wouldn't have bothered me being in lockdown in Lanzarote, but the one hour per day outside would have been killing, especially as the weather there would have been gorgeous through most of the period they were there

Anyone traveling abroad just at the moment is a moron.

I was going to benidorm on 12th August with few mates to make up for the disaster we had last time we went.
    They cancelled our flights from Cardiff so we have decided to go to Germany now instead for 4 days.
    Fly to cologne from Bristol £50 return.
    First 2 nights in dussledorf and then next 2 nights in cologne.
    Love Belgium and German beers

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    I was going to benidorm on 12th August with few mates to make up for the disaster we had last time we went.
    They cancelled our flights from Cardiff so we have decided to go to Germany now instead for 4 days.
    Fly to cologne from Bristol £50 return.
    First 2 nights in dussledorf and then next 2 nights in cologne.
    Love Belgium and German beers
    I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms

Flying to Malaga 16th August for 8 days, staying in Mijas Pueblo. Only going as we are picking up two dogs from my girlfriends mum, she has a dog sanctuary there. Hopefully we can also enjoy the week there too, but if it wasn't for the dogs, we wouldn't be going just yet. Spent the last couple of Christmas there and love it normally, so we are hoping we can just relax and enjoy the weather and fully accepting we won't be out and about doing normal holiday stuff.

In today's papers it stated that if the situation in Spain gets any worse returning Brits will have to quarantine for 14 days.

I have the week after I return home as holiday anyway, and I can work from home as much as I need, so having to quarantine woudn't be the worst thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    In today's papers it stated that if the situation in Spain gets any worse returning Brits will have to quarantine for 14 days.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-...ravel-18639292

As mentioned. If you do stuff properly, you'll be ok. Mask wearing is compulsory here, which is kind of reassuring if you are worried about others coughing all over you. You can go to bars and stuff too. Tables outside are spaced out so that you aren't super close to you neighbouring diners. I should imagine that in general terms , the rules are a bit stricter than in England....maybe not Wales, and as such, you wouldn't have any reason to feel you are going to suffer because of others' complacency.

As Delmi says though, you can't really have it all ways.....meaning, you can't really have the normal carefree holiday you might expect, as you will be required to mask up and keep your distance. On the other hand, you can spend time on the beaches and sit on a terrace without masking up so, I don't think it'd be a million miles off what you'd normally expect anyway.

I think it's also legal to snog randoms at grotty nightclubs.

People on the coast could really do with you spending your money in their tourism-dependant towns as well, so you could always look on it as an act of solidarity.....especially those of you who still identify as Europeans.

So the UK has had more deaths today than Spain has had in the last month and we should worry about quarantining on the way back?

Squeaky bum time.
    I’m in Andalucia with the family right now.

Flying from Heathrow was absolutely fine with the odd minor change to routine.

All completely normal aside from everyone wearing masks, except when sitting in bars and restaurants.

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/stat...290029062?s=20 Passengers from Spain now have to quarantine for 14 days on arrival in England

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I’m in Andalucia with the family right now.

Flying from Heathrow was absolutely fine with the odd minor change to routine.

All completely normal aside from everyone wearing masks, except when sitting in bars and restaurants.
    14 days quarantine when you get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    From tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Unless I’m home already 🙄

Nightmare...so glad I wasn’t planning a trip abroad this summer.