+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How we all feeling before the big game? Plans for the evening?

How we all feeling before the big game? Plans for the evening?

Sober.

Half in the house half in the work van for the game so probably drinking water and eating some shite food during the first half before 8 leave.

No doubt 78% of the board will be bollocksed. Fair play.

Re: How we all feeling before the big game? Plans for the evening?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Sober.

Half in the house half in the work van for the game so probably drinking water and eating some shite food during the first half before 8 leave.

No doubt 78% of the board will be bollocksed. Fair play.
    Crossing the Atlantic at the moment, game starts 18.30 our time, won't be able to stream it on CCTV, but will suffer the irritating process of following on BBC Sport and this messageboard which is quicker than the Beeb. 3-0 City.

Netball for me, Summer training started last week, so i will miss the 1st 1/2 ( though my wife has said she will take to netball but i will have to cook tea, so thats a no then )

normally i would be rather pessimistic, but the city of old appear to have turned the corner on these type of games, got to be a city win

Not at all bothered by the game as don’t think we’ll win the playoffs anyway.

My pessimist personality has shielded me for many years

Been for a pre-match walk around a fabulously cool and breezy Llandaf Fields. Back at home now where the sun is lovely and warm so I'm going to pretend my patio is a beer garden and have a few cold ones as if I was in Canton waiting for the walk to the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Crossing the Atlantic at the moment, game starts 18.30 our time, won't be able to stream it on CCTV, but will suffer the irritating process of following on BBC Sport and this messageboard which is quicker than the Beeb. 3-0 City.
    Sure the gents in here will make you feel like you're watching the game as we all whinge at every misplaced pass!

Have a nice trip!

Kids take a backseat for big sporting occasions. Get a takeaway in..

Oh for a beer garden.. Brecon garreg will have to do, with the windows down in the van for that famous summer breeze.

I don't fancy us to win them either, think we can beat them all over 2 legs but a one off game would be bwyone our reach (erm.. If we make the play offs obviously..)

Home alone. Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    ...have a few cold ones as if I was in Canton waiting for the walk to the stadium.
    Just need a few of your neighbours to kick off in the street now and you're set

Sitting in front of the computer, with a beer or two....

Just finished work, have a guitar lesson with a mate then will tune in. Am a bit nervous cos I remember an effectively relegated team stuff Man U 2-0 away in the last game of last season! Fingers crossed. Will be looking for a stream. Sober, cos it's midweek.

Been looking forward to this all week.

Just mad Chicken Ceylon from misty ricardo's curry book.
    Been in work since 5am.
    Absolutely shattered.
    Got a few cans of desperados in for game

Sat at the dining table watching on my laptop. I couldn't be an armchair or dining chair fan long term. Got a cider though.

Ive just found out our daughter has gone to Barry Island against our will and now can’t get a train home so I can see me missing the first half. The stupid mother who gave them a lift down can’t go back down for them apparently. Tamping.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Ive just found out our daughter has gone to Barry Island against our will and now can’t get a train home so I can see me missing the first half. The stupid mother who gave them a lift down can’t go back down for them apparently. Tamping.
    **** sake. Winds me up things like that, yes your daughter has done wrong but surely they'd ring you to check as well, well that's age dependent as well I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Just mad Chicken Ceylon from misty ricardo's curry book.
    Been in work since 5am.
    Absolutely shattered.
    Got a few cans of desperados in for game
    Dear God, we had Mad Cow, SARS, bird flu, Ebola etc, now mad chicken.....will this damn lockdown never end?

Currently enjoying a McEwans Champion 7.3% on the coast looking out over the sea. Lovely.

There’s over an hour to kick off

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    You're right won't take long from merthyr. Plus the roads will be quiet down there as there's nobody down the beach.

Starting to realise why the other mother "can't go" now.

It's hot - 30C today in Iowa and ko is 1.30pm local.

The missus is working upstairs so it's lovely and quiet. I'm usually nervous when City have anything important resting on a game but somehow in light of Harris and recent performances, I feel very confident we will have no problem today.

are we on the red button tonight, or is it Cctv again??

Have treated myself to my first chicken curry and chips from the excellent Crispy Cod chippie in Pentre since lockdown began - I plead guilty to counting chickens and it'll be my fault if it all goes wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I live 40 miles away

She managed to get on a train anyway.

Her mother can deal with her when she gets home I’m staying out of it.

You live north of Cardiff right? I'd be ****ing livid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    It's hot - 30C today in Iowa and ko is 1.30pm local.

The missus is working upstairs so it's lovely and quiet. I'm usually nervous when City have anything important resting on a game but somehow in light of Harris and recent performances, I feel very confident we will have no problem today.
    Hot and humid as **** here. Had to take the cat to the vet so I watched the first half on the phone. At home now with a beer and a large screen. Looks like we might finish 5th and will play Fulham. Swansea are creeping.