+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forest fans dumbfounded...

Which side do Forest want in the play-offs ?

Re: Classic Nottingham Forest thread

Last post is most ominous!

City Jacks final would be horrible. I'm genuinely unsure whether I'd prefer us to go out against (a more deserving) Fulham or go through to a final against Swansea. Not to be a massive shithouse, but to have such huge stakes riding on a SW derby is just too much for me. OF course the win would be astronomical and we could go to town on it for decades, but obviously the opposite is also true and part of me would just prefer a bragging-rights amnesty. One, or both of us stand down before one of us , possibly me, get seriously football-hurt

Forest fans dumbfounded...

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-fans-4354957

...must be the biggest turn around in history, surely?

Re: Forest fans dumbfounded...

Sod em , bet Albert is smirking 2

6 pages of hope, one bonfire to end it.

I like their proposal of 1st & 5th as the automatic promotion positions, sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

City Jacks final would be horrible. I'm genuinely unsure whether I'd prefer us to go out against (a more deserving) Fulham or go through to a final against Swansea. Not to be a massive shithouse, but to have such huge stakes riding on a SW derby is just too much for me. OF course the win would be astronomical and we could go to town on it for decades, but obviously the opposite is also true and part of me would just prefer a bragging-rights amnesty. One, or both of us stand down before one of us , possibly me, get seriously football-hurt
    Bring it on I say , ortune favors the brave

We've had our fair share. Wednesday away
    1-0 last day of the season. Reading at home 3 nil down at half time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-fans-4354957

...must be the biggest turn around in history, surely?
    Doesn't "dreams in tatters" slightly understate it? I mean, my shirt could be in tatters, but at least I could still wear it. If I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    We've had our fair share. Wednesday away
    1-0 last day of the season. Reading at home 3 nil down at half time.
    Reading was the playoffs

Wednesday was inevitable after the Preston 6-0 and Ipswich 0-3

This is way worse. 3 points advantage at home to Stoke. With 5 goals in the back pocket.

The only Cardiff capitulation I can think of that even resembles that was Pboro 0-4 HT at Xmas one year

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

Does not make you not a massive shithouse.

We can do it. I'd rather see us go down swinging in the last round than get knocked out in the first.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    Reading was the playoffs

Wednesday was inevitable after the Preston 6-0 and Ipswich 0-3

This is way worse. 3 points advantage at home to Stoke. With 5 goals in the back pocket.

The only Cardiff capitulation I can think of that even resembles that was Pboro 0-4 HT at Xmas one year
    You can’t ignore the 6-0 defeat to the only team that can catch us and the 3-0 to Ipswich. We only needed to not get hammered by PNE and get one point. Our blow up is the biggest, we were flying and should have gone up automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You can’t ignore the 6-0 defeat to the only team that can catch us and the 3-0 to Ipswich. We only needed to not get hammered by PNE and get one point. Our blow up is the biggest, we were flying and should have gone up automatically.
    Agreed, I was thinking we were going to finish in the top two as I left the ground on Easter Monday after we'd beaten Burnley.

I think Eric Half a Bee did some contextual analysis on PO finishes a while back that really illustrated the scale of our collapse that season where we lost out to PNE (on goals scored?). The scabs gave us a run for our money last night though!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We didn't even need a point. A 5-0 defeat would have been enough!

Am I the only person suspicious about this? The second and third goals were avoidable (tap-ins on the line), and the fourth was a 96th minute own goal from a Forest corner when THE ENTIRE OUTFIELD of Forest were attacking and caught on the break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHJMtX3-Iec

Re: Which side do Forest want in the play-offs ?

Tbf there was one sensible reply.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Am I the only person suspicious about this? The second and third goals were avoidable (tap-ins on the line), and the fourth was a 96th minute own goal from a Forest corner when THE ENTIRE OUTFIELD of Forest were attacking and caught on the break.

Suspicious of what? Plenty of goals are avoidable. That's why you hear managers talking about discipline and concentration.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Suspicious of what? Plenty of goals are avoidable. That's why you hear managers talking about discipline and concentration.
    I retract it a bit, as forest needed a goal in the 96th, I forgot they were missing out on goals scored at that point.

But the two tap ins weren't just avoidable (needed a better word), they were training ground goals when the defenders are arsing about. You don't often see two as bad as that close together.

Am I the only person SUSPICIOUS about this? The second and third goals were avoidable (tap-ins on the line), and the fourth was a 96th minute own goal from a Forest corner when THE ENTIRE OUTFIELD of Forest were attacking and caught on the break.

I was watching the City, on the laptop, whilst having Sky Sports on in the background, with the sound turned down.

When they showed the last goal, it was such a perfect finish, I thought it was Forest scoring, to secure their place.

I’d love to see the betting in the East . Deffo something wrong there.

what are you suggesting here?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    what are you suggesting here?
    Not actively suggesting anything, but if it happened in the Romanian league or the Thai league or something then I'm sure alarm bells would ring.

Makes me think a bit of this story from a few weeks ago.

Rick Parry, the EFL chairman, was secretly filmed discussing speculation that Wigan Athletic's administration is linked to "a bet in the Philippines on them being relegated".

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a9599176.html

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Agreed, I was thinking we were going to finish in the top two as I left the ground on Easter Monday after we'd beaten Burnley.
    Agreed, I was convinced we were going up. As lardy says we didn't even need the point, and we still got it!