+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: “Boring, boring Cardiff” fail to put their supporters through emotional roller coaster!

“Boring, boring Cardiff” fail to put their supporters through emotional roller coaster!

Re: “Boring, boring Cardiff” fail to put their supporters through emotional roller coaster!

Re: “Boring, boring Cardiff” fail to put their supporters through emotional roller coaster!

Yes it was worringly comfortable alst night. What does it mean?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good piece

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Unicorn! View Post
    Yes it was worringly comfortable alst night. What does it mean?
    It means we did the job professionally. I’d rather not be facing a very good Fulham side but no chance of complacency from us for the 2 games

Good write up as usual Paul. There certainly was no emotional roller coaster last night I felt quite flat about the whole thing. It was a professional job comfortably carried out but I felt quite frustrated that we could not dominate and thrash a poor already relegated Hull team.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Good write up as usual Paul. There certainly was no emotional roller coaster last night I felt quite flat about the whole thing. It was a professional job comfortably carried out but I felt quite frustrated that we could not dominate and thrash a poor already relegated Hull team.
    Congratulations on finding a way to be negative about Cardiff winning 3-0 to comfortably reach the playoffs

There was definitely an extra gear that City could have gone up to if Hull had more about them. As it was we pushed for the first half lead and after that it was a formality. I think the players were just saving themselves by not going at them 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    There was definitely an extra gear that City could have gone up to if Hull had more about them. As it was we pushed for the first half lead and after that it was a formality. I think the players were just saving themselves by not going at them 100%.
    Yes, I tend to agree with you - I'm guessing that, barring any injuries picked up over the next few days, we'll have everyone fit and ready for selection on Monday when I think a place will probably be found for Will Vaulks.

It just hasn’t been the Cardiff City that we know and love these last few weeks, the wheels didn’t come off even after two straight defeats. No white knuckle ride, not many ‘oh f*ck ’ moments. All very, very strange as far as I’m concerned, is it all leading up to a crazy sequence of play off games? It’s all very straightforward and unCity like at the moment, I’m unnerved by the whole thing, it’s new territory for us.

Yes, imagine being that comfortable that you don't need to step up a gear and can conserve energy, for more important upcoming games.

It was there if we needed it.

Last night wasn't a cock measuring competition.

And Hull were always going to try.

We did enough. Players are confident etc.

BE HAPPY.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It just hasn’t been the Cardiff City that we know and love these last few weeks, the wheels didn’t come off even after two straight defeats. No white knuckle ride, not many ‘oh f*ck ’ moments. All very, very strange as far as I’m concerned, is it all leading up to a crazy sequence of play off games? It’s all very straightforward and unCity like at the moment, I’m unnerved by the whole thing, it’s new territory for us.
    Maybe it’s “us”, that’s the problem, maybe we should stay away more often

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Congratulations on finding a way to be negative about Cardiff winning 3-0 to comfortably reach the playoffs
    I accept your criticism and congratulations. This morning, out of all the teams that achieved something last night ours was probably the least newsworthy as it was expected. No-one in media land ( outside Cardiff) has made a fuss about us finishing 5th not 6th as expected because it was no surprise and achieved in undramatic circumstances.

I accept your criticism and congratulations. This morning, out of all the teams that achieved something last night ours was probably the least newsworthy as it was expected. No-one in media land ( outside Cardiff) has made a fuss about us finishing 5th not 6th as expected because it was no surprise and achieved in undramatic circumstances.
    I read that in such a boring tone I nearly put myself back to sleep :)

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I read that in such a boring tone I nearly put myself back to sleep :)

Well, there you are. No emotional rollercoaster as the esteemed TOBW says

Well, there you are. No emotional rollercoaster as the esteemed TOBW says
    I did put a smiley face on the end :(

Was nice to be so comfortable.

Many will say I am usually pessimistic...but I really have a feeling that we will get past Fulham...Harris is right...the pressure is on THEM .
    I think also that Brentford have lost a few games recently so surely must return to winning form soon.....and in a one off I can then see us beating them.... ok...I've had two glasses of wine......

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I did put a smiley face on the end :(

Was nice to be so comfortable.
    It was. A relief to think that we weren’t going to fail. Would still like to have buried them in an avalanche of goals though

It was. A relief to think that we weren’t going to fail. Would still like to have buried them in an avalanche of goals though
    Would have been nice il admit, but we strolled to a win barely going through the gears which must help with 2 games in a short space coming up.

Anyway.. Stress free ccfc. Something I thought I'd never experience.

Great write up Bob

Even though we're worse than the other 2 teams above us, we're only going to get beat if Fulham are at 100%

We just do not look like getting nervous. If someone's going to bottle the playoffs it's more than likely to be Fulham or Brentford than us or Swansea.

If Fulham/Brentford play at their best then fair enough, we're either going to be outclassed, outpassed, out-fitnessed or out-thought and both should go through but if there is any hint of nerves I can see a Cardiff Swansea final

Thing is, with that being so comfortable I have absolutely no idea what to expect in the playoffs

Well if Fulham don't win the first leg I bet there will be lots of pressure on them...

Quote Originally Posted by Dublinblue View Post
    Well if Fulham don't win the first leg I bet there will be lots of pressure on them...
    PRESSURES ON FULHAM

Oh ****. Now I've done it.