Cracking post

More sense shown in this one post, than the whole Fred

Re: Cardiff Swansea rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by 198bore View Post
    Good spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Good spot.
    I think he makes his point very well in a good period of debate.

A lot of heavy thinking going into this. Surely we can just agree that we hate both clubs equally?

There was only one match this season before which I could hear our supporters in the stadium while I was walking down Ninian Park Road and it wasn't the one against Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I cant stand swansea city

My experience of going to school in bridgend as a youngster , going out regularly at night in the town and going shopping in town etc is that it's almost exclusively a cardiff supporting town
    Are you back on the Boddle, Clifton?

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    Are you back on the Boddle, Clifton?
    Fictional nightclub

Started supporting the club in 91 so its Swansea for me. Despise them.

Dorcus’ post sums it up. I know loads of Jacks personally but I don’t know any Bristol City fans.

I think the rivalry isn't as fierce as it once was. We post on each other's boards in a cordial fashion these days

It’s a shame the club put up with the ridiculous bubble trip regulations for the Swansea game.

Would be nice if they stuck up for the fans in that regard. Being coached in is one thing but leaving Cardiff at 8am and getting into the Liberty at 11.20am is a joke. That’s what happened this season. Was deliberately antagonistic imo keeping you at a service station for 1.5 hours.

Shocking that the club allow it to happen, it is not needed for Sunderland v Newcastle, United v Liverpool etc. I’ve been to the Tyne-Wear derby five times as a neutral and that’s much more fierce imo and a bubble trip was suggested a few years ago after a bit of disorder and was laughed at by the fans and club. I’m not sure I know of many derbies that it happens. Why we have to continually put up with it is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Gee Sir Jim you don't half write some deluded bullshit, and here was little old me thinking it was safely confined to your bizarre political views.

What - so I'm saying address the team you're playing today on the field and you're saying you'd be considering it through the prism of what rugby fans in Caerphilly think about Portuguese pottery , but I'M deluded ?

I just can't take his ****ing head seriously.

I mean, just look at that unfortunate face.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDD_AIuj...=1cmo5w37zoyte

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    What - so I'm saying address the team you're playing today on the field and you're saying you'd be considering it through the prism of what rugby fans in Caerphilly think about Portuguese pottery , but I'M deluded ?
    I must have missed the bit about Portuguese pottery, did it Costa lot?

Mid to late 70s we hated Swindon and Hereford equally

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I must have missed the bit about Portuguese pottery, did it Costa lot?
    Very good Dorcas !

Credit where it's due.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    It would be a nightmare, as would the m4. I’m not sure it’s even police-able.
    I haven't read through the whole thread but this would be my main concern. Due to the pandemic, thankfully, it will be a "closed door" play-off final. It would be utter carnage otherwise, which would set back the image of CCFC (and maybe Wales as a whole) for years to come. My nightmare scenario nearly coming true. I say nearly as there is the small matter of the semi's to come!

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    It’s a shame the club put up with the ridiculous bubble trip regulations for the Swansea game.

Would be nice if they stuck up for the fans in that regard. Being coached in is one thing but leaving Cardiff at 8am and getting into the Liberty at 11.20am is a joke. That’s what happened this season. Was deliberately antagonistic imo keeping you at a service station for 1.5 hours.

Shocking that the club allow it to happen, it is not needed for Sunderland v Newcastle, United v Liverpool etc. I’ve been to the Tyne-Wear derby five times as a neutral and that’s much more fierce imo and a bubble trip was suggested a few years ago after a bit of disorder and was laughed at by the fans and club. I’m not sure I know of many derbies that it happens. Why we have to continually put up with it is beyond me.
    Police weren't letting us go until they finished watching the rugby, wouldn't have made the game had it gone to extra time

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Very good Dorcas !

Credit where it's due.
    Thank you Ronnie

I’m in my 40s and Bristol City are the ones I see as main rivals. I dislike Swansea but not as much as Bristol. But that’s just me. My mate Mad Dog agrees but he’s a coffin dodger and got arrested there when he was young.