Bloody bullies

Re: Cardiff Swansea rivalry

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You PMd him for help didn't you.

Bloody bullies
    Don’t do PM’s, I tell um to text me

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Sorry, but Bristol City have always been our main rivals.

Abertawe Town, were never mentioned till “tippy tappy”
    Bollocks

Don’t do PM’s, I tell um to text me
    How'd you tell em?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Swansea have seen top flight football for two seasons in the early eighties under toshack and was it 6 seasons before relegation recently ?

Cant stand the Jacks but definitely the most successful team in south wales since early eighties
    I started supporting the City during the 1964 season. Who finished bottom of the league that season ? Answer: Swansea.
    Who replaced them the following season ?
    Answer: Bristol City.

Therefore my dislike for Swansea never got off the ground because Welsh Cup matches were not the same as league rivalry and we never had a league game with them again until the mid 70's. Bristol City however kept us company in Div 2 until the mid to late 70's, allowing the rivalry with them to fester.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I started supporting the City during the 1964 season. Who finished bottom of the league that season ? Answer: Swansea.
    Who replaced them the following season ?
    Answer: Bristol City.

Therefore my dislike for Swansea never got off the ground because Welsh Cup matches were not the same as league rivalry and we never had a league game with them again until the mid 70's. Bristol City however kept us company in Div 2 until the mid to late 70's, allowing the rivalry with them to fester.
    Since 1980 , Swansea City have been our main rivals , that's 40 years now , most people alive who support cardiff support Cardiff and anyone who is playing swansea

If swansea are playing bristol city and the game does not affect us , I want bristol city to win

I dislike bristol city , I hate the Jacks

Since 1980 , Swansea City have been our main rivals , that's 40 years now , most people alive who support cardiff support Cardiff and anyone who is playing swansea

If swansea are playing bristol city and the game does not affect us , I want bristol city to win

I hate the Jacks
    A bit harsh old boy.

How'd you tell em?

If you want to contact me text 07976574343

Booking coaches now

The Wurzels main rivals for me. We didn’t play Swansea in the league between 1965 and 1980 so my memory of them is initially a team that we occasionally played in the Welsh Cup. Had I been a few years older perhaps Swansea might have registered more. A quick count up shows that, in our history, we have played Swansea 56 times in the league but Bristol City 84 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    I hate the Jacks
    A bit harsh old boy.
    I want swansea city football club to lose every game they play , unless them winning benefits us

I know loads of Jacks but when it comes to the football club , I am afraid I can't stand them

It's nothing personal

I want swansea city football club to lose every game they play , unless them winning benefits us

I know loads of Jacks but when it comes to the football club , I am afraid I can't stand them

It's nothing personal

I'm not saying I don't dislike the Swans intensely but I hate the Wurzels even more.

I doubt even you could hate a Swansea player more than Scott Murray, Public Enemy No.1 and an insidious individual.

I am amazed at many of the posts on here regarding rivalry. I grew up in the age when Swansea Town ( as they were then) were regarded as the 2nd. Club for almost all City supporters. This ‘hatred’ only emerged from the football hooliganism of the 70’s. Only small minded people carry this on, it’s a bloody game not war. The mind boggles at the attitude of some people.

If you want to contact me text 07976574343

Booking coaches now
    Doubt you have much North of Cardiff do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    I am amazed at many of the posts on here regarding rivalry. I grew up in the age when Swansea Town ( as they were then) were regarded as the 2nd. Club for almost all City supporters. This ‘hatred’ only emerged from the football hooliganism of the 70’s. Only small minded people carry this on, it’s a bloody game not war. The mind boggles at the attitude of some people.
    Football is more than a game

All over the country rivalry is part of what it is

Sunderland Newcastle

United Liverpool

Spurs Chelsea

Southampton Pompey

Villa Birmingham

Blackburn Burnley

If we are in the same division as swansea I want us to win and swansea to lose , unless Swansea result favours us

That's the way it is for most cardiff fans , the hatred came when toshack took them up to the old first but games before then were hostile

Doubt you have much North of Cardiff do you?
    Much what ???

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I'm not saying I don't dislike the Swans intensely but I hate the Wurzels even more.

I doubt even you could hate a Swansea player more than Scott Murray, Public Enemy No.1 and an insidious individual.
    I must admit I did enjoy it when after taunting the bob bank in the fa cup game , he went crying to the ref after being hit by a carrot on the bonce in the next game

Tate was a player for the Jacks I couldnt stand

Him and trundle

Ok. Think weve established. Those collecting their pensions its the Wurzels.

Everyone else the Jacks.

Much what ???
    Your precious post mentioned busses.

So mynrwpkynto your question will be parrots. I really don't get how you struggle to follow a simple conversation

Football is more than a game

All over the country rivalry is part of what it is

Sunderland Newcastle

United Liverpool

Spurs Chelsea

Southampton Pompey

Villa Birmingham

Blackburn Burnley

If we are in the same division as swansea I want us to win and swansea to lose , unless Swansea result favours us

That's the way it is for most cardiff fans , the hatred came when toshack took them up to the old first but games before then were hostile
    Spurs/Chelsea?? You’ve put Arsenal’s noses right out of joint. Also, I assume you mean Manchester United with Liverpool, that’s more of a plastic non Liverpudlian or Mancunian rivalry in my opinion. In their own cities their local rivalries with Everton and Manchester City are to the fore I’d imagine. The Liverpool/Man Utd thing is most probably more of a going concern in a Cardiff school playground or pub rather than in either city.

Your precious post mentioned busses.

So mynrwpkynto your question will be parrots. I really don't get how you struggle to follow a simple conversation
    What is “mynrwpkynto” ??????

I never mentioned buses, I said coaches

What is “mynrwpkynto” ??????

I never mentioned buses, I said coaches

I live in Bristol and struggle to understand how we even have a rivalry with them. I’ve worn my city shirt plenty of times and never had any grief. In fact I’ve seen more welsh rugby jerseys than Bristol City shirts in Bristol

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    This is my thinking, Newport would have been a great one. If they were a championship sized club I'd know many of their fans, they would be maybe in school, definitely in work etc. Maybe at some point.
    We’ve had a few years of quite intense rivalry with newport in the mid to late 80’s when we went down to their level. Swansea has always been a bit of an odd town, the rivalry only became bigger with them as they rose up a bit and finally mustered some resistance to their town being over run every time we turned up like all though the 70’s and 80’s.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Spurs/Chelsea?? You’ve put Arsenal’s noses right out of joint. Also, I assume you mean Manchester United with Liverpool, that’s more of a plastic non Liverpudlian or Mancunian rivalry in my opinion. In their own cities their local rivalries with Everton and Manchester City are to the fore I’d imagine. The Liverpool/Man Utd thing is most probably more of a going concern in a Cardiff school playground or pub rather than in either city.
    Spurs real rivals are chelsea , not arsenal

Uniteds main rivalry is liverpool

Man city's main rivalry is united

Liverpool's main rivalry is united

Everton's main rivalry is liverpool