+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff Swansea rivalry

Re: Cardiff Swansea rivalry

Always has been Swansea for me and always will

Apart from when were supporting Wales then it's F the english

I'm afraid I'm another in the Wurzles rivalry camp. We'd played the Wurzles around 20 times before I saw us play the Jacks in the league, couldn't really have a rivalry with a team we rarely played (I'm sure there were Welsh Cup games I've forgotten)

I was quietly pleased that that Jacks made it and the scabs didn't. As long as the Jacks don't beat us in the final I'm not bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Sorry, but Bristol City have always been our main rivals.

Abertawe Town, were never mentioned till “tippy tappy”
    OP didn't say main.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    OP didn't say main.

I did

I did
    As we are aware.

Threads about Swansea and our rivalry with them. Pointless post mentioning anyone else isn't it.

I'm going with Bristol City too, if only to annoy the Jacks.

As we are aware.

Threads about Swansea and our rivalry with them. Pointless post mentioning anyone else isn't it.

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but this is a Cardiff City message board, there’s a Fred on “Play Offs”, where 3 posters are talking about FISH

Lighten up

As we are aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I'm going with Bristol City too, if only to annoy the Jacks.

Shhhhhhhh !

You’re not allowed to mention Bristol

I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but this is a Cardiff City message board, there’s a Fred on “Play Offs”, where 3 posters are talking about FISH

Lighten up
    I wouldn't object to you rambling on about your top 3 microwavable meals and your 5 reasons why.

I just don't see the need of being awkward on a thread that's just talking about the rivalry "well akchuly brizzle are our biggest rivals" zzz

I wouldn't object to you rambling on about your top 3 microwavable meals and your 5 reasons why.

I just don't see the need of being awkward on a thread that's just talking about the rivalry "well akchuly brizzle are our biggest rivals" zzz
    Glad to see you agree with me about Brizzle

I've never had any Swansea "friends" and l never intend having any either.

Bristol City

It’s Bristol City for me as well. Swansea were never in the frame.

I’m 69, been going down since 1959, Splott Parker is about 66, he’s been going since about 1964 (I think), I’ll speak for him, when I say “it was never Abertawe Town we cared/worried about” .
    It was always Bristol city we detested, especially after what happened over there after a certain event in 1966 (no, it’s not the World Cup)
    Can’t be sure, but I can’t see how you were a travelling away fan in the 60’s, not to know that
    I'm older than both of you and my first game was 1957 at home to Derby County.
    I wasn't a regular travelling fan but always went over to Swansea games, initially with my father. As for Bristol in 1966, I haven't got a clue what happened, perhaps because I was never involved with any groups of fans and always steered clear of any problems.

Bristol City for me too - although that may be partly because I lived in Bristol from 1977 - 1983 and saw them up close and personal too often.

I’m 69, been going down since 1959, Splott Parker is about 66, he’s been going since about 1964 (I think), I’ll speak for him, when I say “it was never Abertawe Town we cared/worried about” .
    It was always Bristol city we detested, especially after what happened over there after a certain event in 1966 (no, it’s not the World Cup)
    Can’t be sure, but I can’t see how you were a travelling away fan in the 60’s, not to know that
    I'm 66 and you are dead right. It was always Bristol City never the Swans that we detested. I've never been a travelling supporter but I did go to Ashton Gate twice in the late 60's and happily we won on both occasions, 3-0 and 1-0 I believe.

My son started going down in the early 90's and for him it's most definitely a Swansea thing. He hates them with a passion.

I used to work with Arwel Thomas, the former Welsh rugby international and we had some good Cardiff-Swansea banter going on. Unfortunately for me this was at the time when the Swans were in the ascendency so he was quite merciless. He said that the trouble with Cardiff is that they have no balls and at the time he was dead right. Time for us to put things right methinks.

Since toshacks tenure at swansea city and their rise to the top flight , swansea city have been our main rivals

You only have to look at the crowds for cardiff swansea matches compared to cardiff bristol city matches to realise that as far as cardiff fans go , most see swansea city as our main rivals

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I'm 66 and you are dead right. It was always Bristol City never the Swans that we detested. I've never been a travelling supporter but I did go to Ashton Gate twice in the late 60's and happily we won on both occasions, 3-0 and 1-0 I believe.

My son started going down in the early 90's and for him it's most definitely a Swansea thing. He hates them with a passion.

I used to work with Arwel Thomas, the former Welsh rugby international and we had some good Cardiff-Swansea banter going on. Unfortunately for me this was at the time when the Swans were in the ascendency so he was quite merciless. He said that the trouble with Cardiff is that they have no balls and at the time he was dead right. Time for us to put things right methinks.
    Swansea have seen top flight football for two seasons in the early eighties under toshack and was it 6 seasons before relegation recently ?

Cant stand the Jacks but definitely the most successful team in south wales since early eighties

I’m hurt I’m 65 and my first game was in 1962. The mocking by their fans re. The disaster was cruel and unnecessary, the evil bastards.

Glad to see you agree with me about Brizzle
    Not a problem

Bloody hell !!!!
    All these people mentioning Bristol, will give someone a heart attack

Bloody hell !!!!
    All these people mentioning Bristol, will give someone a heart attack
    Why?

I just thought I'd nit pick on the boards biggest nit picker. Not really arsed if 47583 people mention them

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You can piss off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You can piss off as well.

Great init
    Better than the watching the television