+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Birmingham City have lost it

Birmingham City have lost it

They've retired the number 22 shirt because Jude Bellingham's moved to Dortmund. Lad looks quality but he's 17, played less than 50 games for them and scored 4 goals

https://twitter.com/BCFC_News/status...036483072?s=20

Re: Birmingham City have lost it

"In such a remarkably short space of time Jude has become an iconic figure at Blues, showing what can be achieved through talent, hard work and dedication.

His caring, humble and engaging off-the-field demeanour has also made him such an impressive role model.

The 22 shirt has become synonymous with Jude, his rise to the first team aged just 16 years and 38 days and these qualities. And as such the club have decided it would be fitting to retire this number, to remember one of our own and to inspire others"

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...er-22-18650110

He had a year with the first team

I would be so embarrassed if that was us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would be so embarrassed if that was us.
    Same, the closest I can imagine is retiring a shirt after Ramsey left. They're getting slaughtered on social media, by their own fans as much as anybody else

Saw that.
    And the racist remarks he's had for moving.

Did we retire the 23 for Darcy Blake?

That is funny...

I saw that earlier, beyond ridiculous. What if he goes on to have a stuttering career that sees him eventually turn out for Villa in the championship.

Played first team for a season and scored 4 goals.

Have we retired 7 yet?

Madness he may prove to be the biggest retired shirt in the history of football, stupid club .
    If we were to offer a comparison for Whitts contribution we'd have to rename Cardiff Whittiniff

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I saw that earlier, beyond ridiculous. What if he goes on to have a stuttering career that sees him eventually turn out for Villa in the championship.

Played first team for a season and scored 4 goals.

Have we retired 7 yet?
    If not what about Bobby Decorator-Reid for the number 10 ?

To be honest the way they’re playing they haven’t got many players strong enough to carry two numbers.

just heard that he's had some racist abuse on twitter after his last game yesterday.
    I wonder if this is an attempt by the club to distance themselves from this / get people talking about something else / do something nice for a kid who is getting abuse online