+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For all Cardiff City fans who aren't from Cardiff

Re: For all Cardiff City fans who aren't from Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm from Barry. There are no JB's from Barry. It's all City. (Or plastics)
    Barry has always provided tremendous support for cardiff city

I'm from Caerphilly and it's virtually a suburb of Cardiff these days so not surprising it's always been staunchly Cardiff. Unfortunately there are a handful of Jack supporters here but they are tiny in number. More prolific are the 'casual" Cardiff supporters who never attend games but "always look out for Swansea because they're Welsh".

The people who really piss me off are the fake liverpool and man united fans who get all chopsey when I tell them no ****ing chance will I be supporting swansea, ever and that I should support all welsh teams as it's good for Welsh sport ......to which I reply what ****ing part of wales is liverpool in then ? And how are you backing welsh sport by supporting them instead of cardiff

****ing thick feckers

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The people who really piss me off are the fake liverpool and man united fans who get all chopsey when I tell them no ****ing chance will I be supporting swansea, ever and that I should support all welsh teams as it's good for Welsh sport ......to which I reply what ****ing part of wales is liverpool in then ? And how are you backing welsh sport by supporting them instead of cardiff

****ing thick feckers
    Well said, I've had the same. What they also don't appreciate is that I care more about Cardiff City's fortunes than Wales'.

Im From Barry, used to play football and we used to have team trips to watch the city, then players used to come to our end of season awards presentation evening, one year the Bennett brothers came along, i used to think Gary was a great player and someone i attempted to emulate on the pitch, that year I also went to the jacks game on boxing day

it just stood to reason i would drift into following cardiff in a big way a few years down the line

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There seems to be quite a few Ospreys fans up here at the top of the Rhondda, but I can only remember seeing one Jacks shirt in all of the time I've been up here.

By contrast, it's a regular occurrence to see City tops, but the wearers do tend to be around my age - I've caught a train from Treherbert to games fairly often since I've been up here and there are always a few City fans who get on at every station on the way with Ponty and Porth having the most, but there are always quite a lot who get on in Treorchy.
    What about that farm on the mountain with the Jack flag.? I pass that way often in my job. Think the flag may be down now but it used to be a horrible sight on that mountain.

I'm a Ponty boy. My dad started taking me as a nipper and I never looked back. British Rail used to run specials to the match from the Rhondda and Merthyr valleys which were always pretty full. I thought the world outside football stopped on a Saturday afternoon!
    I know live down West. Not many City or scum shirts to be seen, plenty of scousers and Man Ure unfortunately. Not that many egg either.

The main south wales valleys have always been cardiff city strongholds with the exception of aberdare which has a swansea and cardiff fans because it's so easy to get to swansea from the upper areas of the town

Mountain ash , abercynon , treherbert , treorchy, porth , lantrisant , ferndale , bargoed , the merthyr valleys , ebbw vale , blackwood , caerphilly , tredegar , maesteg , cymmer , bridgend valleys , bridgend

There are pockets of swansea fans in towns like pencoed but even here cardiff fans are in the majority

Swansea have always gained their support from the far edge of west glamorgan , the city of swansea itself and west wales like ammanford , cross hands , swansea valley , carmarthen etc

Of course if they win the play offs and stay up forca few years they may nab some fans from us again
    The infamous Pencoed Jacks. *smirks*

Played football in Maesteg once and had a proper kerfuffle with an opposing player who was a miserable, snide twaat. After spending 45 minutes winding him up and putting my studs into his feet. Usually after a match I kiss and make up so waited for him by their bar to do the gentleman's thing. He only turned up with a Jack top on. Even better they won and City lost and one of my team mates told the chopsy ****er where my allegiance laid. I didn't buy him a pint and was close to ****ing strangling the scruffy wanker by the time I left.

Unfairly it seems I've always thought of Maesteg as a Jack hovel inhabited by strange scruffy ****ers. Now I know it's just a hovel inhabited by scruffy ****ers. It's these gems of local knowledge I use this board for.

I remember them well

Older guy with grey hair followed by a younger bunch

One had long black hair , wore eye liner , was always pissed playing pool and looked like a heroin addict
    Rap pin’ Rance

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Rap pin’ Rance
    He was always off his face

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I know what you’re saying about Jacks been more visible but I think that more people from the area actually go and watch City. Mid 80s to early 90s you practically knew every City supporter that travelled by train on a match day.

I still do a double take on seeing someone in a Jack top in the area and think “cheeky cuunt!”
    Yeah still definitely more Cardiff but the a load from Penydarren who watch the Jacks. Quite a few in the Club watch them. There’s a gang of young Merthyr football lads who go away with Swansea a fair bit. Couple of them play in a local band they are good lads to be fair but I dare say 30 years ago they wound have had the same torture Monkey had on a regular basis. Poor bastard had boys knocking his mothers house so they could beat him up. Times have changed.

The infamous Pencoed Jacks. *smirks*

Played football in Maesteg once and had a proper kerfuffle with an opposing player who was a miserable, snide twaat. After spending 45 minutes winding him up and putting my studs into his feet. Usually after a match I kiss and make up so waited for him by their bar to do the gentleman's thing. He only turned up with a Jack top on. Even better they won and City lost and one of my team mates told the chopsy ****er where my allegiance laid. I didn't buy him a pint and was close to ****ing strangling the scruffy wanker by the time I left.

Unfairly it seems I've always thought of Maesteg as a Jack hovel inhabited by strange scruffy ****ers. Now I know it's just a hovel inhabited by scruffy ****ers. It's these gems of local knowledge I use this board for.
    Loads of cardiff fans in maesteg and surrounding valleys and towns

Bryn , cymmer , caerau , Garth, abergwynfi , blaengwynfi

There is a supporters club in maesteg , based at the crown pub , they run coaches home and away

Loads of cardiff fans in maesteg and surrounding valleys and towns

Bryn , cymmer , caerau , Garth, abergwynfi , blaengwynfi

There is a supporters club in maesteg , based at the crown pub , they run coaches home and away
    I don’t know the area well and always thought it was 60/40 or 50/50 either way.

I knew Bridgend was blue. Don’t know why I thought Maesteg would be any different thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah still definitely more Cardiff but the a load from Penydarren who watch the Jacks. Quite a few in the Club watch them. There’s a gang of young Merthyr football lads who go away with Swansea a fair bit. Couple of them play in a local band they are good lads to be fair but I dare say 30 years ago they wound have had the same torture Monkey had on a regular basis. Poor bastard had boys knocking his mothers house so they could beat him up. Times have changed.
    He took some shit that lad. Game ****er mind.

I think there’s more Jack support due to football being more popular, same goes for City. There was always a few, most as you said kept quiet.

I knew Bridgend was blue. Don’t know why I thought Maesteg would be any different thinking about it.
    Maesteg is just a quick hop over the mountain to swansea but it's always been a predominantly cardiff town
    Cymmer , in the borough of port Talbot has a lot of city fans

Bridgend again is predominantly cardiff although Swansea rise under toshack turned a few heads as did the recent jack stay in the premiership

There are two buses to away games from bridgend and often one from maesteg

Maesteg supporters club took a load of coaches from the area for our Wembley appearances

From Monmouth and then Chepstow, always liked Arsenal as a kid, didn't know any better. Best mate in uni was a City fan and we went to quite a few games and been hooked ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Well said, I've had the same. What they also don't appreciate is that I care more about Cardiff City's fortunes than Wales'.
    I'm a CCFC supporter and don't appreciate that either.

Loved the early nighties promotion season. Loved the Euros. Both are special.

International

****ing thick feckers
    I was driving in Llandaff Road near the Butchers arms last week about 10 AM. There was a guy, must have been at least 50, balding, white hair, he was walking down to the shops in a fill Arsenal strip. The lot. Shirt shorts socks!! What the feck is that all about?

Someone needs to have a word.........

Football fans of South Wales, why do you support one of the biggest football teams in South Wales?

South London.
    Supported Man U for an afternoon until I told my dad and then he corrected me.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    I'm a CCFC supporter and don't appreciate that either.

Loved the early nighties promotion season. Loved the Euros. Both are special.
    Loved ALL the promotion seasons, no interest in the Euros. Only Cardiff City special to me.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm from West Wales, Swansea's an hour away and were never a thing when I was growing up, I supported Man Utd like most of the other kids. Moved to Cardiff in 2001, Divine Wright off here took me to Ninian Park and that was that
    Wouldn’t be Ludchurch would it?

Same here. I just assumed that Maesteg would have the same allegiances as the Bridgend boys. I knew Port Talbot was something of a grey area, but was always under the impression that it was mostly blue.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Football fans of South Wales, why do you support one of the biggest football teams in South Wales?
    You can’t help yourself, can you? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You can’t help yourself, can you? 😂
    If you aren't a glory hunter what are the realistic choices then? Pretty obvious in my opinion but there we are.