+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we are fortunate enough to get past Fulham

If we are fortunate enough to get past Fulham

and thats a big if, considering they beat us only a few weeks ago, who would you rather play in the final, and why?
    Personally, i’m not too confident of us beating Fulham over 2 games, but if we do, i’d rather play Brentford. I think it would be the tougher game, but if we were to suffer the disappointment of another play off final defeat, it would be a right kick in the balls to see the rats go up instead.

Re: If we are fortunate enough to get past Fulham

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    and thats a big if, considering they beat us only a few weeks ago, who would you rather play in the final, and why?
    Personally, i’m not too confident of us beating Fulham over 2 games, but if we do, i’d rather play Brentford. I think it would be the tougher game, but if we were to suffer the disappointment of another play off final defeat, it would be a right kick in the balls to see the rats go up instead.
    Not got a good feeling about Fulham, would rather be playing Brentford. I think the Jacks will definitely get to the final, no pressure on them at all, just happy to have made it to 6th!!

Fulham are not looking forward to playing us over two legs that's for sure, I think Harris will do a number on Parker.

WHEN, not if

Where’s this “love in” for Fulham, come from !!!!

I suppose I’m in a majority of one, when I say, “I thought we were unlucky 2 weeks ago”

Before their centre forward (not attempting his name ), got shot in our box, we had had a few chances to score ourselves.

After the pelanty, they had a brief 5 minutes of “look how good we are, passing back & fore, on the half way line”.

We then hit the crossbar, they never. Apart from (let’s go for it), Milofovic moaning to the Ref, about everything, they never really troubled us, until a lucky deflection, put the ball at the feet of one of their players in our box.
    Did they have any further REAL attempts on our goal, BIG FAT NO, is the answer.

We should have had a pelanty, for a trip on Ward (Sky pundits, not me), and we finished strong.

We have a manager now, who instead of “biging” up the enemy, talks about “what we can do to them”

With the right, STRONG REFEREE, we’re going to batter ‘um

F ucking “tippy tappy”, love-in !!!!!

F ucking “MAN-UP”

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we'll beat Fulham. They are ridiculously overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that we'll beat Fulham. They are ridiculously overrated.
    After watching the City for 45 yrs, i’m doing a psychological number on myself 😂

It will be an interesting encounter. Fulham have arguably done the bare minimum expected of them this season, for me - and I imagine to their management and fan base - they’ve underachieved.

In contrast city are the opposite and will go into these games thinking of them as a free hit. I sensed a bit more grit and savviness from Fulham in our last encounter with them and expect something more of a chess match perhaps in these fixtures.

I think the Brentford / jacks games could be the most entertaining out of the two sets of semis. But you never know how nerves will go once the cup-like mentality sets in.

I feel much more comfortable (if that’s the word) about meeting the jacks in the final should we both get there. Perhaps it’s the lack of expectation and even lack of supporters meaning it may not feel as hyped as it would have felt the last time it could’ve happened with all the logistical nonsense that would have to be considered that would’ve sensationalised it further.

I’d prefer Brentford all day long. As much as I detest the jacks and smashing them in the final would be amazing - imagine it went the other way though!! It Would be worse than the Blackpool final.
    To be honest Fulham are no mugs so getting past them will be tricky however neither are we and I do fancy us to beat them over 2 legs. So really hoping if we do get to the final that it’s Brentford and not the stinky 6 fingered yellow teethed shell suit gippos from down west!! My nerves wouldn’t cope.

Out of the four teams in the play offs Fulham fans would probably want to face us more than any of the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Out of the four teams in the play offs Fulham fans would probably want to face us more than any of the other teams.
    Out of the 4 teams they'd probably like to face themselves - then they'd definitely get through...

In some ways the fact that Fulham have come out on top in the 2 league games may well work in City's favour. Fulham will probably set up the same again whereas Harris will have had 2 [2?] games to work out a different plan. I think Fulham will be strong favourites, but Harris is the sharper manager IMHO.

Doesn't matter really, both will be tough tough matches as will Fulham before. We deserve to be where we are and have a good chance if we turn up.

The thought of losing to Swansea in the final would be awful but turned around what a day it would be if we beat them to go up.

Fulham first though, they are undoubtedly favourites and have been so far the better team.

There's pressure on all teams, I don't think Swansea will be just relaxed because they didn't expect 6th, they are there because they did enough and have worked all season for that. 3 games from the Premier league, each game brings pressure.

I think Fulham are marginal favourites with a slightly better and much more expensive squad, but if we get past them I doubt it will be down to fortune.

Our form post-lockdown is better than Fulham and Neil Harris has shown himself to be a better tactician and game manager than Scott Parker.

Both sides have momentum and confidence, and it will probably be fine margins that decides who goes through.

If we get to a final I would prefer to face Swansea (and win!) than Brentford. Brentford have fallen apart in the last few games, but if they get through a two leg semi-final they will be back to the team everyone feared less than 2 weeks ago. BMW on fire!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think Fulham are marginal favourites with a slightly better and much more expensive squad, but if we get past them I doubt it will be down to fortune.

Our form post-lockdown is better than Fulham and Neil Harris has shown himself to be a better tactician and game manager than Scott Parker.

Both sides have momentum and confidence, and it will probably be fine margins that decides who goes through.

If we get to a final I would prefer to face Swansea (and win!) than Brentford. Brentford have fallen apart in the last few games, but if they get through a two leg semi-final they will be back to the team everyone feared less than 2 weeks ago. BMW on fire!
    Who knows with Brentford, they essentially had two cup finals and in my opinion completely bottled it. As did Wba really, just slightly less so.

If they turn up though their goal difference alone shows they are the far more exciting team to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    In some ways the fact that Fulham have come out on top in the 2 league games may well work in City's favour. Fulham will probably set up the same again whereas Harris will have had 2 [2?] games to work out a different plan. I think Fulham will be strong favourites, but Harris is the sharper manager IMHO.
    We drew with them at home. Mitrovic equalised on the stroke of half time.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    WHEN, not if

I suppose I’m in a majority of one, when I say, “I thought we were unlucky 2 weeks ago”

Before their centre forward (not attempting his name ), got shot in our box, we had had a few chances to score ourselves.

After the pelanty, they had a brief 5 minutes of “look how good we are, passing back & fore, on the half way line”.

We then hit the crossbar, they never. Apart from (let’s go for it), Milofovic moaning to the Ref, about everything, they never really troubled us, until a lucky deflection, put the ball at the feet of one of their players in our box.

We should have had a pelanty, for a trip on Ward (Sky pundits, not me), and we finished strong.

We have a manager now, who instead of “biging” up the enemy, talks about “what we can do to them”

F ucking “MAN-UP”

I think you must have been pissed when you were watching this game.

Don't remember Smithies making a brilliant save from Reid, pushing the ball onto the bar in the process? Don't remember Reid missing a close-range sitter shortly afterwards? Don't remember Nelson giving away a blatant penalty that the referee somehow missed?

Fulham had seven shots on target. City had one. After the game Harris said: "The difference tonight is that they were better than us in both penalty areas." He was right. Fulham were comfortably the better side. That doesn't mean to say the same will be true on Monday and I hope it isn't, but City were well beaten a fortnight ago.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Don't remember Smithies making a brilliant save from Reid, pushing the ball onto the bar in the process? Don't remember Reid missing a close-range sitter shortly afterwards? Don't remember Nelson giving away a blatant penalty that the referee somehow missed?

Fulham had seven shots on target. City had one. After the game Harris said: "The difference tonight is that they were better than us in both penalty areas." He was right. Fulham were comfortably the better side. That doesn't mean to say the same will be true on Monday and I hope it isn't, but City were well beaten a fortnight ago.
    He's right in saying Mitro was crap but agree with the rest of your post.

I've watched Fulham a few times this season, sometimes brilliant sometimes average

We got a chance but I would say 7/10 games they would beat us

Last year when we were both going for promotion wasn't one of their fans a regular on here - fulham traveller or something like that?

WHEN, not if

F ucking “MAN-UP”
    I was really fearing a stuffing before reading this but now I’m absolutely buzzing. You Should do the Team Talk Tony!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

That's the thing about TLG , hes always so positive about cardiff city

I think he should work in the clubs pr department

I think we need a result to take to Craven Cottage. Keep them out there and hit them on the break. If we have to chase the game there, we're toast.

These two squads have got to know each other pretty well over the last two or three seasons and over that time I feel like the Fulham squad have got the measure of our squad. Whilst it's been pretty tight, they have beaten us more than we have beaten them. When we did beat them last season, you would probably have to factor in home advantage, something that is not going to help us this time round.

Our record over the last for seasons has been LD LW LD DL . Considering the core of both squads has remained somewhat intact, I think their players will be feeling way more confident than ours.

Battle cries are all well and good, but if I were betting my house on it, the sensible bet would be a Fulham win over the two legs.

You could use the logic that the above record against us might make them complacent but even then, they would still have the second leg to rectify any complacency.

I think we'll have to hope for them being all lackadaisical and us sticking two or three past them in quick succession. I think we'll need to go into the second leg with a two or three goal lead. If they try to play it tight, I think Fulham will sneak it.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That's the thing about TLG , hes always so positive about cardiff city

I think he should work in the clubs pr department
    In fairness, quite a lot of people have said that the performance was substandard. Just listened to Blakey's bootroom and all three of them said the Fulham performance was not good......as did the manager.

Hopefully they'll learn from the mistakes.

WHEN, not if

F ucking “MAN-UP”
    ..I'm with you Tony..**** em..bring on the Jacks..**** them too