+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Upcoming gigs and Covid-19

Upcoming gigs and Covid-19

I note that gigs are being advertised and tickets are being sold for all sorts of gigs that will take place in the coming months but I don't quite get what the experience will be like regarding seating, distancing, toilets, bars, safety etc.
    I'm not sure that it's something I desperately want to do again for a wee while.

Re: Upcoming gigs and Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I note that gigs are being advertised and tickets are being sold for all sorts of gigs that will take place in the coming months but I don't quite get what the experience will be like regarding seating, distancing, toilets, bars, safety etc.
    I'm not sure that it's something I desperately want to do again for a wee while.
    I guess if gigs are being advertised then it’s a pretty natural progression that tickets will be sold for gigs

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    A ticket for the Jeff Beck concert at St David's Hall in the Spring of 2020 has been deferred to 30 April 2021. I live in hope - that both Beck and myself who are in the 'at risk' category will be present and safe. Though whether he plays for longer than twenty minutes may be in the lap of the gods.

My impression is that money for concerts which have been booked and paid for by the public has been kept by the venue and that where possible the act has been re-scheduled for sometime in 2021. This has been my experience for both larger and small venues.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    A ticket for the Jeff Beck concert at St David's Hall in the Spring of 2020 has been deferred to 30 April 2021. I live in hope - that both Beck and myself who are in the 'at risk' category will be present and safe. Though whether he plays for longer than twenty minutes may be in the lap of the gods.

My impression is that money for concerts which have been booked and paid for by the public has been kept by the venue and that where possible the act has been re-scheduled for sometime in 2021. This has been my experience for both larger and small venues.
    Howdy, guitar fiend. Santana's gig that was meant to take place in Dublin in April was recently cancelled altogether, which is understandable. Robin Trower's tour has been re-scheduled for this November but, as you correctly point out, many of these veteran guitar heroes are now in the more vulnerable group (as are many of their fans).

Check out this review of a recent "covid show":
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53502913

I've got tickets for Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets in October, already been postponed from April. I am doubtful but some of my friend shad automatic refunds but not me, so maybe they will have half the capacity or something? I'd talk to St David's Hall if I could get through!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Check out this review of a recent "covid show":
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53502913
    That doesn't seem to be worth the effort imo.Better to do a live stream from a studio and let people party at home

Not for this board's musical taste, but mt mrs has a pair of tickets for Katie Melua at the Motorpoint in Nov (Or is it Dec?)

Haven't been told anything yet.
    I suspect it will move.

supposed to be seeing simply red at the NEC in October but been postponed

maybe a blessing in disguise as i don;t like them

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    supposed to be seeing simply red at the NEC in October but been postponed

maybe a blessing in disguise as i don;t like them
    Why are you going then? Agree, Simply Red are simply Boring.

a ticket bought for me as a present really

haven't got the heart to reject it !

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Not for this board's musical taste, but mt mrs has a pair of tickets for Katie Melua at the Motorpoint in Nov (Or is it Dec?)

I suspect it will move.
    Nothing's been said about the Manics gig there in December either

What's the Motorpoint's capacity? 5,000? I guess its feasible that the government would allow events of that size to go ahead by December?

King Crimson had a full tour of the United States this summer, but earlier this year, it was postponed until 2021.

https://www.dgmlive.com/news/2021-tour-update

StT.
    <><

It's going to be a fair time yet folks

I suspect it will move.
    Shes a bit of a sort though

The Weeknd's gigs in September and October have been postponed for 2021. I think the industry is predicting by January considering Dua Lipa rescheduled her gigs to then. But whether it would be safe then, we can only wait and see tbh

I suspect it will move.
    I was meant to see Roddy Ricch earlier this month and it was officially cancelled a week or two before the gig was meant to take place. I think he may come back next year, judging from the message he sent us but they haven't set a date. I'm guessing that you would be in a similar boat

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Nothing's been said about the Manics gig there in December either

What's the Motorpoint's capacity? 5,000? I guess its feasible that the government would allow events of that size to go ahead by December?
    New Order, London in October, put back until November 2021. Obviously could be down to the venue schedules but if I’m honest I don’t think I’ll be seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    New Order, London in October, put back until November 2021. Obviously could be down to the venue schedules but if I’m honest I don’t think I’ll be seeing it.
    Was that at the O2?

I don't think December concerts will go ahead, but I suppose the Motorpoint could argue that 5k going to a gig isn't as bad as the potential 25k going to Old Trafford or 11k going to the Cardiff City Stadium

I’ve a couple of friends in this line of work (tour promotion, production, etc) and from what I’m being told by them this year is being considered a write off with not much newer stuff being planned generally till later in ‘21.

Unsurprisingly they’re feeling a little bleak about things with many already being made redundant and having wiped out their livelihood if working freelance.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Shes a bit of a sort though
    You don't even know my mrs

...hey bob..don't think that this board's taste is what about 5 posters post..that's a big generalisation.
    For your Katie I raise you Coldplay..live..a sheer delight..as were The Ruts in 79