+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No wingers on Monday?

No wingers on Monday?

Should we go all defensive, aim for 0-0 and try to steal it at theirs?

4-5-1 with Sanderson and Smith coming in to protect Bennett and Bacuna, whichever way you want to play them, Ralls, Vaulks and Pack in centre of the field. Or be a little more adventurous 4-4-1-1 with Tomlin in for Pack?

I'll put this idea to Neil Harris to see what he thinks.

Feel free to rubbish it, I've a thick skin.

Re: No wingers on Monday?

No our system seems to be working fine,if anything winnat home and steal a draw away.

Sanderson should be nowhere near the starting line up.

He’s to gung-ho

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post

4-5-1 with Sanderson and Smith coming in to protect Bennett and Bacuna, whichever way you want to play them, Ralls, Vaulks and Pack in centre of the field. Or be a little more adventurous 4-4-1-1 with Tomlin in for Pack?

Starting such an important fixture with a player who's only made a couple of cameo appearances (Smith) would be asking for trouble.
    Also, Sanderson's confidence took a little knock recently (he's young, he'll come back from it). Now wouldn't be the time to see if he's put it behind him.
    We need to start with Vaulks.

I believe that we do need to play to our strengths but also to try and do something a bit less predictable.
    Also, going into a another ‘cup final’ just a few days after the first is going to be physically tough on a number of our players.
    We need to do well on Monday.

Smithies, Bacuna, Morrison, Nelson, Bennett, Vaulks, Ralls, Pack Tomlin, Hoilett, Glatzell
    or play Murphy instead of Glatzell and give him free reign to go wide and in the box.

Despite Mozza scoring a couple, our set pieces have not been as effective as they used to be.
    we need better delivery and some variation and make every opportunity count.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post

If we are going to get past Fulham I think Harris will have to bring something different to our performance.To this end I think we'll see the same starting lineup as was against Hull and we may see the least conservative approach by a city side in a while.If we sit back against this lot I think we fail.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    If we are going to get past Fulham I think Harris will have to bring something different to our performance.To this end I think we'll see the same starting lineup as was against Hull and we may see the least conservative approach by a city side in a while.If we sit back against this lot I think we fail.
    Clapping smiley.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Cut off the supply to Mitrovic and make him do more work to receive the ball in positions away from the 18 yard box and make Cairney play deeper which will require us to press higher up the pitch than usual.

The rest is up to us to take advantage of our chances when they come

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Cut off the supply to Mitrovic and make him do more work to receive the ball in positions away from the 18 yard box and make Cairney play deeper which will require us to press higher up the pitch than usual.

The rest is up to us to take advantage of our chances when they come
    Hi Neil

0-0 would not be a bad score at home. We dont need to go gung ho.

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    Are you suggesting that starting with Marlon Pack instead of Will Vaulks is less conservative?
    I just have images of Pack struggling to get back as Fulham break forward with pace.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post

He’s to gung-ho
    o

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Are you suggesting that starting with Marlon Pack instead of Will Vaulks is less conservative?
    I just have images of Pack struggling to get back as Fulham break forward with pace.
    Pack mostly sat just in front of our centre-backs on Wednesday, with Ralls and our full-backs playing high up the field when we had the ball.

He’s to gung-ho
    A bit harsh there, young Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    A bit harsh there, YOUNG Tony.

Thank you

Thank you
    o

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    0-0 would not be a bad score at home. We dont need to go gung ho.
    We need to strike a psychological blow and go into the 2nd leg with a lead.

I don't think changing the system at this stage would be wise.

Right back is a concern though, against a proper winger I think Bacuna would struggle. Shame we don't have Peltier for these games.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

Right back is a concern though, against a proper winger I think Bacuna would struggle. Shame we don't have Peltier for these games.
    Lawrence isn't too shabby.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

I don't think so. Harris wants our full-backs to be comfortable on the ball and play high up the pitch when we have possession, which just isn't Peltier's game.

Plan A: Lump it to Paterson! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I don't think so. Harris wants our full-backs to be comfortable on the ball and play high up the pitch when we have possession, which just isn't Peltier's game.
    Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Which is fine but both Bacuna and Sanderson positionally aren't the best along with their concentration. Hard to see Fulham not targeting that.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    A bit harsh there, young Tony.
    I agree with young Tony, not necessarily ever allowed near the starting lineup but certainly for games of this magnitude. He'll be a player but he's got a mistake or two in him every game