+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team for Fulham (h)

Team for Fulham (h)

I think the most important thing Monday is that we do not lose . I wonder if Vaulks will come back into start in place of Tomlin who needs to be wrapped in cotton wool due to ongoing injury problems. I also wonder if Paterson will start. His height may just cause a few problems to Fulham.
    Smithies
    Bacuna
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett
    Vaults
    Ralls
    Pack
    NML
    Paterson
    Junior

Re: Team for Fulham (h)

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I think the most important thing Monday is that we do not lose . I wonder if Vaulks will come back into start in place of Tomlin who needs to be wrapped in cotton wool due to ongoing injury problems. I also wonder if Paterson will start. His height may just cause a few problems to Fulham.
    Smithies
    Bacuna
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett
    Vaults
    Ralls
    Pack
    NML
    Paterson
    Junior
    I just saw the Kieffer Moore goal on quest I think Fulham can't handle crosses coming in to the back post so Patterson could be a good shout.

Paterson's height (he's not very tall btw) did nothing against Fulham 2 weeks ago, we were terrible with him up front. How many goals has he actually scored from crosses this season anyway? I'd be surprised if he's managed one

For me it has to be

Smithies
    Bacuna Nelson Morrison Bennett
    Vaulks Ralls
    NML Tomlin Hoilett
    Glatzel

Ideally I'd like to see Murphy start but he's not a right winger and Hoillet seems to grab a goal at important times so I think he should start instead

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I just saw the Kieffer Moore goal on quest I think Fulham can't handle crosses coming in to the back post so Patterson could be a good shout.
    We can't cross and he can't header.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Paterson's height (he's not very tall btw) did nothing against Fulham 2 weeks ago, we were terrible with him up front. How many goals has he actually scored from crosses this season anyway? I'd be surprised if he's managed one

For me it has to be

Smithies
    Vaulks Ralls
    NML Tomlin Hoilett
    Glatzel

Ideally I'd like to see Murphy start but he's not a right winger and Hoillet seems to grab a goal at important times so I think he should start instead
    This is it. Maybe Pack in for Vaulks at home but Vaulks is more mobile so should get the nod.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    This is it. Maybe Pack in for Vaulks at home but Vaulks is more mobile so should get the nod.
    Yeah I wouldn't mind Pack coming in either, it's probably the hardest part of our team to pick. The rest pretty much picks itself, we can't afford to try and shut up shop in the home leg, we attempted that the other week and we were abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Smithies
    Bacuna
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett
    Vaults
    Ralls
    Pack
    NML
    Paterson
    Junior
    Glatzel's improvement since the restart has been noticeable. I still don't think he's the answer, especially if we got promotion, but he's been streets ahead of Paterson, who has been absolutely abysmal since returning from lockdown. If we're looking to pass the ball around, Paterson is about as natural a striker as Robert Earnshaw is a goalkeeper. In fact, the more we move towards a passing game, the less Paterson fits the system. If we play long ball and want someone to ruffle a few feathers and win plenty of headers for a static midfield to fail to pick up second balls, then Pato is your man.

Yeah I wouldn't mind Pack coming in either, it's probably the hardest part of our team to pick. The rest pretty much picks itself, we can't afford to try and shut up shop in the home leg, we attempted that the other week and we were abysmal.
    Absolutely agree, pack when he's good and will help us keep the ball but he does tend to slow us down. I hope we go for it. I'm not bothered if we don't make it but obviously while we're in with a shout it makes sense to go for it.. Just go out there and play and enjoy it and what happens happens. **** this nil nil keep it tight..

We need to get in front, think the first goal is so important for both sides as both teams but especially us, like to play on the break. Fulham go one up we find it hard to break the better teams down. Likewise we go ahead and we become a difficult team to play against with our pace on the break

For me it has to be

Smithies
    Vaulks Ralls
    NML Tomlin Hoilett
    Glatzel

That's the team I'd go with. I really hope we start with Vaulks instead of Pack. We need to be high-tempo, Vaulks will help give us that.