+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So , you have five concerts to go to before you die , what bands are they ? It's ok if you have seen them before

So , you have five concerts to go to before you die , what bands are they ? It's ok if you have seen them before

TOOL, anytime

Led Zeppelin, houses of the holy era

Sabbath , original line up , before the cocaine took over which basically means first album onwards

Alice In Chains , dirt album onwards

Beatles last few albums after the teeny bop crap was out of the way , and before they fell out

Re: So , you have five concerts to go to before you die , what bands are they ? It's ok if you have seen them before

The smiths
    Echo and the bunnymen
    James
    Elvis Presley
    Buddy Holly
    Chuck Berry
    Abba
    The Specials
    The Wedding Present
    The Pixies
    The Everley Brothers
    Stray Cats
    Buzzcocks
    The Undertones
    Soft Cell

Re: So , you have five concerts to go to before you die , what bands are they ? It's ok if you have seen them before

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    The smiths
    Echo and the bunnymen
    James
    Elvis Presley
    Buddy Holly
    Chuck Berry
    Abba
    The Specials
    The Wedding Present
    The Pixies
    The Everley Brothers
    Stray Cats
    Buzzcocks
    The Undertones
    Soft Cell
    That's 15

5 or you cant play

That's the rules

i can read but i can't slim it down from that lot sorry

i was going to add another 15 too with no metal bands either !!!!!!!

loads of punk /skin/ goth / indie bands i could add

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    TOOL, anytime

Led Zeppelin, houses of the holy era

Sabbath , original line up , before the cocaine took over which basically means first album onwards

Alice In Chains , dirt album onwards

Beatles last few albums after the teeny bop crap was out of the way , and before they fell out
    Doves.

New Order.

Roses even though they’re ****ing shit live.

Beatles

late 70s Blondie because she was mint.

Manics
    Pulp
    Interpol
    Suede
    Smiths

The Birthday Party
    The Doors
    The Sex Pistols (1976)
    Siouxsie and the Banshees oringinal (full-time) line up
    Joy Division

I would say the Beatles, but to me, they never played any serious shows. On stage, they were just a novelty act. I'd like to see that band the Analogues though.

Quo..pre 77
    Gary Glitter..pre the obvious
    Tina Turner..early 90s..
    Foo Fighters
    Madness..85...90

Hendrix
    Stones
    Stiff Little Fingers (77/78)
    Oasis
    Cranberries

Johnny Kidd and the Pirates (1963 line-up)
    Gene Vincent (1962/63 version)
    Little Richard (1960 - 1963 version)
    Joe Bonamassa (with Reese, the three-horn section and those three Aussie birds)
    Deep Purple (Mk 2)

Pink Floyd x 5

Led Zep
    Pink Floyd
    Yes circa "close to the edge"
    John Mayall's Bluesbreakers Clapton era
    Fleetwood Mac pre-Rumours

Tom Waits.
    James Gang.
    Nirvana.
    Zepp.
    Dylan

The Allman Brothers Band (when they alive)

The band that performed the first performance of The Rite of Spring in 1913 (would like to have been in the riot that accompanied it)

Nick Drake ( he gave very few concerts)

Michael Nyman Band

Rory Gallagher

Smiths
    Jam
    Pogues
    Pistols
    Clash

Blur
    Sex Pistols
    Happy Mondays
    Stone Roses
    Motley Crue.

Ozzy Osbourne (with Randy Rhoads on guitar)
    Judas Priest (with Richie Faulkner on guitar)
    Gary Moore
    Savatage (with Criss Oliva on guitar)
    Clutch

U2 ( early 80,s)
    Queen with Freddie Mercury
    Linkin Park
    ABBA
    Fleetwood MAC back in the 70’s
    Elvis Presley

I list those as you can’t see them in that form now ( I know you can still see U2 but not before Bono disappeared up his own arse, they were brilliant in the early 80’s). I love my punk bands - SLF, Stranglers, The Damned but can still see them

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Johnny Kidd and the Pirates (1963 line-up)
    Gene Vincent (1962/63 version)
    Little Richard (1960 - 1963 version)
    Joe Bonamassa (with Reese, the three-horn section and those three Aussie birds)
    Deep Purple (Mk 2)
    I thought about Gene Vincent too.

Lou Reed
    Elvis
    T Rex
    Lonnie Donegan
    Any punk group

Seen the Damned with T Rex my ears were ringing for ages.

Bowie (Ziggy/Aladdin Sane)
    Velvet Underground
    SLF
    Clash
    Springsteen and The E Street Band

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thought about Gene Vincent too.
    Best live show I've seen. He was stonking that night - backed by Sounds Inc.

Moody Blues (full line-up from 1967 to late 1970's)
    The Beatles
    Fleetwood Mac (with Peter Green)
    Pink Floyd
    Santana

It's was a toss up between Pink Floyd and Rory Gallagher but I went for Floyd as I've never seen them live. The nearest I've got is watching the UK Pink Floyd Experience, who are brilliant by the way. However, I may be biased because my stepdaughter is the saxophonist and backing singer with the band ! Check them out on YouTube or their own website.

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    Ozzy Osbourne (with Randy Rhoads on guitar)
    Judas Priest (with Richie Faulkner on guitar)
    Gary Moore
    Savatage (with Criss Oliva on guitar)
    Clutch
    Clutch , lost count how many times I have seen them , great band

I have several Clutch albums but have never seen them live.
    Richie Faulkner is one of the best guitarists to emerge in the last 10 years IMO
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cviYaFU3RM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4xEnFgjuD8