+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So , you have five concerts to go to before you die , what bands are they ? It's ok if you have seen them before

Re: So , you have five concerts to go to before you die , what bands are they ? It's ok if you have seen them before

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    TOOL, anytime

Led Zeppelin, houses of the holy era

Sabbath , original line up , before the cocaine took over which basically means first album onwards

Alice In Chains , dirt album onwards

Beatles last few albums after the teeny bop crap was out of the way , and before they fell out
    I'd pick five bands I never got a chance to see:

1/Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
    2/Free
    3/Lynyrd Skynyrd (pre October '77 line up. I saw the post line up a couple of times and both times they were excellent, but it's the band with Ronnie Van Zant that I would like to see)
    4/Bob Marley & The Wailers
    5/Jimi Hendrix Experience

Re: So , you have five concerts to go to before you die , what bands are they ? It's ok if you have seen them before

Kate Bush
    The Smiths
    James Brown
    Bjork
    Rolling Stones (late 60s version)

Sweet
    The killers
    OMD
    Oasis
    The Doors
    Elvis

oops that's 6.

Stereophonics 5 times

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Stereophonics 5 times
    You are banned for mentioning this band

Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Stereophonics 5 times
    You're kidding right? You can see any band you want in the history of music and you'd see some completely meaningless band you've probably already seen half a dozen times?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Bowie (Ziggy/Aladdin Sane)
    Velvet Underground
    SLF
    Clash
    Springsteen and The E Street Band
    I should have picked the Velvet Underground. And Bowie at that time. 5 is not enough. I think I'm going to some research and pick actual gigs I wish I had been at.

Pink Floyd....Deep Purple....Led Zeppelin...Frank Zappa and Queen.............in that order..........and yes,I have seen them all...........could fit in Bowie and ELO if I had room

All in their heyday, of course.

Genesis
    Thin Lizzy
    Motörhead
    Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street band
    Status Quo

Queen
    Green day
    Blondie
    Pat benetar
    Heart

Tedeschi Trucks, nothing else matters. This band’s version of Idle Wind, Boston 2017 leaves everything else trying to catch up. Without Derek Trucks that is an impossible task!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Queen
    Green day
    Blondie
    Pat benetar
    Heart
    Heart , barracuda , christ shes got lungs on her that girl

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    All in their heyday, of course.

Genesis
    Thin Lizzy
    Motörhead
    Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street band
    Status Quo
    Motorhead were the loudest band I have ever seen

Lizzy , phenomenal

Kool & The Gang
    Roy Ayers
    Bobby Caldwell
    Earth Wind & Fire
    De La Soul

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    Tedeschi Trucks, nothing else matters. This band’s version of Idle Wind, Boston 2017 leaves everything else trying to catch up. Without Derek Trucks that is an impossible task!!

Midnight in Harlem is one of my fave tracks of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Motorhead were the loudest band I have ever seen

Lizzy , phenomenal
    Same. I saw them at Stafford Bingley Hall and they broke the sound record for loudest indoor concert, apparently. My mate and I were deaf for nearly a week. 😄

Saxon and Girlschool also on the bill. What a night! 👌

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond View Post
    Same. I saw them at Stafford Bingley Hall and they broke the sound record for loudest indoor concert, apparently. My mate and I were deaf for nearly a week. 😄

Saxon and Girlschool also on the bill. What a night! 👌
    Loved saxon , freeway mad is a cracking song