+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 FULHAM. Matchday thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 2 FULHAM. Matchday thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I know what you mean (look at Flint!!!) but I don’t agree that players can only play in certain way (they ARE professional footballers after all!)

We have enough players of a decent enough footballing ability not to have to resort to Neanderthal hoof it long and hope for the best football.

And the decision to play that way, in massively stark contrast to the other teams in the play offs, lies at Harris’ door.
    But for some teams they buckle under hoofball. I’ve seen it work. Fulham’s Odoi hates crosses coming into the box, admittedly didn’t play today.

Nothing wrong with route one but not all the time agreed

Really embarrassing.

Shame on Harris and his dinosaur tactics. Just embarrassing compared to the opposition just playing simple pass and move football.

Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Pato should have started.

Don’t care if he’s not got the quality, he would have done more than some of those out there today

I’m sorry but making excuses for Fulham,
    BRENTFORD and the JB’s being better placed for success than us, a Premier League side last year, is laughable!

How can Brentford bringing in skilful players over the last few years or Swansea having a superior scouting network, be reasons for them being better than us?

I’m not having a go at you Q Monky but I just don’t think that those teams have such significantly superior players than ours. I just don’t. I think that our players are at least as good as theirs.
    How can Brentford bringing in skilful players over the last few years or Swansea having a superior scouting network, be reasons for them being better than us?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You know hes messing. You're more of a Pato fan than he is

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I (and Splottparker), seen us win 5-1 at Craven Cottage, after conceding first .

“THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIEND”
    I was there too and Don Murray committed one of the worst tackles I've ever seen on a football pitch against Vic Halom. The Echo headline after the game was the classic: 'City Sizzle and Batter Fulham.' I've still got it.

Are we saying Harris is a latter day Scoular?

My thoughts are that Harris has done well, punching a little above his weight this season with an above average squad in a poor Championship but can be found wanting tactically.

StT.
    <><

Can anybody explain why we played Pack last night against that team

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    2-0, clean sheet and penalties.. LETS GO!!!

Jesus never threw the towel in when faced with a growing crowd while in possession of just two fish

Hallelu Yah!

There have been times, these last 60 seasons, when being City fan was far grimmer than it is today and miraculously I have not lost hope during those six decades. My feeling about last night was that we were playing draughts when Fulham (and Brentford) play chess.

Ps 71:14.

StT.
    <><

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Hallelu Yah!

There have been times, these last 60 seasons, when being City fan was far grimmer than it is today and miraculously I have not lost hope during those six decades. My feeling about last night was that we were playing draughts when Fulham (and Brentford) play chess.

Ps 71:14.

StT.
    <><
    Exactly what’s been running through my head this morning, it’s as though certain teams are playing in a way that makes it look like a different sport to what others are playing. Of course we’ve always had top flight elite and teams at the top of a division looking different to teams at the bottom but the difference now is evident in games between teams that after a full season are only a couple of league positions apart.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Exactly what’s been running through my head this morning, it’s as though certain teams are playing in a way that makes it look like a different sport to what others are playing. Of course we’ve always had top flight elite and teams at the top of a division looking different to teams at the bottom but the difference now is evident in games between teams that after a full season are only a couple of league positions apart.
    With the “direct” (hoofball) style, we’re simply playing the averages game, whereas teams that actually pass with real intent and some tactical nous are actually working to an outcome that is considered.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    With the “direct” (hoofball) style, we’re simply playing the averages game, whereas teams that actually pass with real intent and some tactical nous are actually working to an outcome that is considered.
    It’s a conundrum though, our last two Championship seasons (which our history tells us is our natural home) we’ve finished second and fifth. To many similar clubs that’d look quite acceptable but we City fans see it as frustration. So is it rip it up and start again? Drop down a few league places for a season or two of complete change? If we went that way would some City fans create and demand a return to the old ‘successful’ formula? Myself, I’m leaning toward a change to the more modern approach, even if it means a few mid table seasons (as long as the progress is evident but I do fear our more impatient support’s attitude).

It’s a conundrum though, our last two Championship seasons (which our history tells us is our natural home) we’ve finished second and fifth. To many similar clubs that’d look quite acceptable but we City fans see it as frustration. So is it rip it up and start again? Drop down a few league places for a season or two of complete change? If we went that way would some City fans create and demand a return to the old ‘successful’ formula? Myself, I’m leaning toward a change to the more modern approach, even if it means a few mid table seasons (as long as the progress is evident but I do fear our more impatient support’s attitude).
    I think we're in transition at the moment.

Harris has us playing more football certainly. Sometimes our players panic a bit, especially at the back, and can play themselves or others into trouble a bit but it is definitely evident that we're trying to play more.

I think it is frustrating at the moment as while it is plain to see we couldn't just say stop playing that Warnock style and play this new way we have frustrating hangovers from the Warnock era that just don't work. Long throws for me are a total waste and an example of this. Teams now all crowd out Morrison and it is threat averted. It is never thrown to anybody else when launched into the box.

It will be interesting to see how Harris progresses but it is disappointing that on the face of it he won't be able to add too much quality with the upper hierarchy already coming out and saying we won't be spending a great deal.

I think he can get these players playing a better style, we just need our best ball players in the right areas. At the moment there are clear areas where we start to play football and when it goes to certain areas it is either lost or slows down. They either need to be dropped or improve if there is to be a new style with this same first team.
    We lose the ball far too much but again this could be a hangover from treating it like a hot potato under Warnock.

Pretty much every great team of the past has managed success through longevity of the manager, we change manager every 2-3 years, nobody has any real time to instill a style of play or tactical plan with bedded in players, it seems 90% of the clubs in all divisions are constantly "in transition" and it doesn't always make for great viewing