+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This is why the premier league pisses me off

This is why the premier league pisses me off

Joy ......drama .....sadness ......in moments .....only the premier league could provide this

Jonathan Pearce

What an absolute load of shite all this is

Try saying that nonsense statement to a rochdale fan who has travelled to leyton orient , leading one nil only to see the home side grab two goals in the last two minutes sending them home pointless

It's going to be great for our club if we get up , it will improve our finances and increase our supporter base but by feck what a load of sycophantic cobblers elite football is in this country

If we dont make it I hope brentford overturn the evil ones and stick it to the big boys

Re: This is why the premier league pisses me off

It's also a commentator's job to provide ridiculous amounts of hyperbole. Pearce is particularly adept at it. I reckon Sky will get him when Tyler retires for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It's also a commentator's job to provide ridiculous amounts of hyperbole. Pearce is particularly adept at it. I reckon Sky will get him when Tyler retires for this reason.
    Pearce is dreadful

In fact they are all mostly vomit inducing

They have always got on my tits

That geordie is another idiot

At least moston has gone

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I have watched games on German TV for many years and German commentators far less hyperbolic. It's not a prerequisite.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have watched games on German TV for many years and German commentators far less hyperbolic. It's not a prerequisite.
    Maybe that is part of the reason the Bundesliga is a second rate product compared to the EPL. The Premier Legue knows how to sell itself much better and part of that is about unashamedly going ott about how great it is..... like a magic mop on the shopping channel.

I think there probably is some truth in it. At least some Spanish people I know prefer watching the PL over La Liga. However, I think the gung-ho style people find so entertaining is something you would find throughout all four English leagues, and beyond.

Obviously, the PL adds a superior technical aspect and a certain amount of glitz that the other english leagues don’t have .

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Maybe that is part of the reason the Bundesliga is a second rate product compared to the EPL. The Premier Legue knows how to sell itself much better and part of that is about unashamedly going ott about how great it is..... like a magic mop on the shopping channel.

I think there probably is some truth in it. At least some Spanish people I know prefer watching the PL over La Liga. However, I think the gung-ho style people find so entertaining is something you would find throughout all four English leagues, and beyond.

Obviously, the PL adds a superior technical aspect and a certain amount of glitz that the other english leagues don’t have .
    True but on the other hand German international games are far less jingoistic and less patronising to minor teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    a few on here talk a lot of hyperbolics