+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cameron Coxe to Man City....

Cameron Coxe to Man City....

.... or Cheltenham Town.

.... or New York City, Melbourne City or Girona....

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-18668034

Re: Cameron Coxe to Man City....

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    .... or Cheltenham Town.

What, and I think I speak for everyone here, the hell?

Looks like a good marketing tactic by his agent

If it is true that Man City put him on a "ones to watch" list, then shouldn't questions be asked as to either his attitude or Cardiff City's?

Not sure what's happening here but I'd be stunned if someone deemed not good enough here was taken on by man City with a genuine view that he could play for them one day.

Of course what they can do is taken on x amount more players than the likes of us and hope one or two provide some sort of sale value in future.

Odd story though.

Funny how the exact same article came out last year at almost exactly the same time - 2 days after the last game of the season

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-coxe-16272054

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post
    Funny how the exact same article came out last year at almost exactly the same time - 2 days after the last game of the season

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-coxe-16272054
    Interesting.

Cox's agent or dad with WOL connections perhaps.
    Or somebody with WOL connections has an axe to grind regarding our youth policy.

If he plays a single game for Man City's first team I'll eat my season ticket live on BBC Wales

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If he plays a single game for Man City's first team I'll eat my season ticket live on BBC Wales
    BBC news headline: Sheikh Mansour threatens to pull out of Man City following legal challenges to champions league ruling. More to follow....

Reminds me of all the posts and FB comments about how we messed up with Regan Poole because he signed for Man United. Signing for someone means nothing.

I can't think of many players we let go that came back to haunt us. Ajayi probably one that springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Reminds me of all the posts and FB comments about how we messed up with Regan Poole because he signed for Man United. Signing for someone means nothing.

I can't think of many players we let go that came back to haunt us. Ajayi probably one that springs to mind.
    um, are you forgetting about Gareth Bale?!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    um, are you forgetting about Gareth Bale?!
    Gareth Bale never played against us you idiot, jeez some people

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Gareth Bale never played against us you idiot, jeez some people
    Plus we got that huge sell on, so that helps

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    .... or Cheltenham Town.

Has he been on Trip Advisor to help him make up his mind 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

So, if our youth coaching isn't crap because the young players at the club are just not good enough, doesn't it have to follow that our youth recruitment must be crap? Joe Ralls, who we signed when he was fifteen, has been the one stand out Academy scholar at the club in the past ten years while we made a tidy sum from Rabbi Matondo (how would he have fared if he had decided to stay with us I wonder?). However, the Matondo fee makes a very small inroad into the £10 million, by a conservative estimate, that has been spent on the Academy in the last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If it is true that Man City put him on a "ones to watch" list, then shouldn't questions be asked as to either his attitude or Cardiff City's?
    I bet every youngster in UK for a championship team is on Man City’s radar

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Plus we got that huge sell on, so that helps
    yes when does that start flowing through, if he goes on a free it will be tragic for the City , the overdue sell on fee for Bale would pay for all the hand sanitiser we will have to purchase .

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I bet every youngster in UK for a championship team is on Man City’s radar
    They launched a satellite into space recently to monitor every young player and Pepe picks the best

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    yes when does that start flowing through, if he goes on a free it will be tragic for the City , the overdue sell on fee for Bale would pay for all the hand sanitiser we will have to purchase .
    Any day now, I'm sure of it

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    They launched a satellite into space recently to monitor every young player and Pepe picks the best
    Why would a Portugese centre back be picking promising youth players for Manchester City? Very odd!

So, if our youth coaching isn't crap because the young players at the club are just not good enough, doesn't it have to follow that our youth recruitment must be crap? Joe Ralls, who we signed when he was fifteen, has been the one stand out Academy scholar at the club in the past ten years while we made a tidy sum from Rabbi Matondo (how would he have fared if he had decided to stay with us I wonder?). However, the Matondo fee makes a very small inroad into the £10 million, by a conservative estimate, that has been spent on the Academy in the last decade.
    Didn't Spence turn down a move to a top Premier League club?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Didn't Spence turn down a move to a top Premier League club?
    Spence could have signed for Man City at the same time Matondo did, but opted for a pro cotract with us. He turned down the one we offered him a few months ago though and I'm told there were one or two others who decided not to stay with us as well - I would argue that the almost complete lack of progress by young players on their first pro contracts in terms of first team recognition is beginning to have an effect when it comes to things like this.

It's a bullshit story, got to be. Man City have never had a problem with poaching young prospects from Academies, if Cox was seriously on the Radar then they'd have been in for him earlier and paid the compo. I only saw him play in the two games against Carlisle and he looked way off it. He couldn't defend. I know that this might sound harsh, but he had to impress during those two games, Harris was generous in my opinion by giving him another crack during the replay, he failed badly in my opinion, that's the way it goes. His main objective during those two games wasn't getting the club through to the next round of the FA cup, it was to show enough quality to earn another contract. I'd have been of the mindset of bollocks to the result, as long as i do my job and take risks in the right areas then **** everyone else. It was his final chance and he blew it.

As for the coaching at youth level, who knows, although it seems to me by watching these young players that they seem to play clone football, every ounce of instinct seems to be rinsed from them, hardly any risk taking, safe, neat and technical without really creating a thing.

Spence could have signed for Man City at the same time Matondo did, but opted for a pro cotract with us. He turned down the one we offered him a few months ago though and I'm told there were one or two others who decided not to stay with us as well - I would argue that the almost complete lack of progress by young players on their first pro contracts in terms of first team recognition is beginning to have an effect when it comes to things like this.
    I'd agree, if a young player is given pro terms, then he has to be given an opportunity at the right time. Recent managers haven't helped, Slade, Warnock and Maybe Harris likes established players in certain positions. CCFC is not a club where a young player is likely to prosper.

Just signed for Solihull Moors