+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cameron Coxe to Man City....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cameron Coxe to Man City....

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Didn't Spence turn down a move to a top Premier League club?
    Spence could have signed for Man City at the same time Matondo did, but opted for a pro cotract with us. He turned down the one we offered him a few months ago though and I'm told there were one or two others who decided not to stay with us as well - I would argue that the almost complete lack of progress by young players on their first pro contracts in terms of first team recognition is beginning to have an effect when it comes to things like this.

Re: Cameron Coxe to Man City....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Spence could have signed for Man City at the same time Matondo did, but opted for a pro cotract with us. He turned down the one we offered him a few months ago though and I'm told there were one or two others who decided not to stay with us as well - I would argue that the almost complete lack of progress by young players on their first pro contracts in terms of first team recognition is beginning to have an effect when it comes to things like this.
    I'd agree, if a young player is given pro terms, then he has to be given an opportunity at the right time. Recent managers haven't helped, Slade, Warnock and Maybe Harris likes established players in certain positions. CCFC is not a club where a young player is likely to prosper.