+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glatzel - if only

Glatzel - if only

Not having a dig at the lad, he looked our most lively player in the opening half an hour along with Tomlin, but at this level you need someone who can put away the chances he fluffed.

I've said all season that we haven't got a forward who is really good enough for the top end of the Championship and tonight it showed. Mitrovic wouldn't have wasted them. Nor Bobby Reid I suspect.

Fulham were always going to dominate possession. The fact we made it easy for them to do so is another thing. Goals change games. Last night Swansea had Ayew, even with a missed penalty.

Glatzel wouldn't get into the starting line-up of any of our playoff rivals. Neither would Ward or, heaven forbid, Paterson.

Re: Glatzel - if only

He lacks strength and physicality, a nasty edge, and he's very slow, although not a bad footballer.

Ya, IF only he could trap a ball, IF only he could head a ball, IF, IF, IF

Tries, but not good enough at this level

Could he have been quicker to the rebound, could he have sorted his feet for his other big chance and put it either side of the keeper. Probably could and should have, chances were few and far between, needed one to go in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He lacks strength and physicality, a nasty edge, and he's very slow, although not a bad footballer.
    I think we have all been patient but now have to admit that Warnock wasted a lot of money.
    Looked like we chased 2-3 options and ended up with Glatzel out of panic

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I think we have all been patient but now have to admit that Warnock wasted a lot of money.
    Looked like we chased 2-3 options and ended up with Glatzel out of panic
    Quite likely.

Quite likely.
    Warnock probably heard how tall he is and immediately made the bid

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Warnock probably heard how tall he is and immediately made the bid
    We're picking the litter Warnock left behind. I couldn't care less about his promotion, he didn't put a thing in place that could be nurtured or is sustainable, the man did damage on the football front in my opinion. Harris has done a decent job at trying to turn things around a bit and get a semblance of balance on the pitch. Warnock is a footballing hit man, he doesn't leave clubs in a better position.

We're picking the litter Warnock left behind. I couldn't care less about his promotion, he didn't put a thing in place that could be nurtured or is sustainable, the man did damage on the football front in my opinion. Harris has done a decent job at trying to turn things around a bit and get a semblance of balance on the pitch. Warnock is a footballing hit man, he doesn't leave clubs in a better position.
    I'm glad we didn't spend more money in the summer, imagine what he would have done

he should have thown his body at that ball, 100% commitment

i hate to say it but patto would have got that rebound just by slinging his body at the keeper

I've wanted Glatzel to come good but despite some sparks of his quality I don't think he will get more goals than he has this season.

The biggest disappointment for me is how weak he is. He gets knocked off the ball far too easily and rarely wins a header. Sadly, having that nasty streak and showing some bottle in the challenge isn't something that you can really teach.

What surprised me is that despite having obvious deficiencies up top we were the fourth top scorers in the division this season.

Don’t be silly, of course he did. Before he took over we were in danger of leaving the league in the wrong direction. Against all odds he took us up ( and automatic promotion, not via the play offs) and was within a few points of keeping us up in the Premier league. The squad he left behind got us into the play offs again this season. How is that leaving us in a worse position than the 16th place ( or whatever it was) when he took over.

I’m as disappointed as anyone this evening but it’s nonsense to blame Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Don’t be silly, of course he did. Before he took over we were in danger of leaving the league in the wrong direction. Against all odds he took us up ( and automatic promotion, not via the play offs) and was within a few points of keeping us up in the Premier league. The squad he left behind got us into the play offs again this season. How is that leaving us in a worse position than the 16th place ( or whatever it was) when he took over.

Weren't we almost 16th when he left? 15th I think.

Warnock can't take the credit for this current squad making the play offs surely?

Not having a go but in black and white he left us positionally one place above where we were when he took over as manager of this club.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

Warnock can't take the credit for this current squad making the play offs surely?

Not having a go but in black and white he left us positionally one place above where we were when he took over as manager of this club.
    Warnock did a good job for 2.5 years and then undid most of it during his last 6 months in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

And spent a shitload on duds. I suppose it's the club management that i should be blaming for a lack of philosophy and direction, not Warnock for his refusal to develop players and introduce an ethos. The bloke is a danger to football.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post

I'd have rather gone down and the club owners took a look at the way we are set up as a football club from top to bottom, rather than Warnocks promotion.

And spent a shitload on duds. I suppose it's the club management that i should be blaming for a lack of philosophy and direction, not Warnock for his refusal to develop players and introduce an ethos. The bloke is a danger to football.
    I'm agreeing with you.

For all the good he did City weren't in much better a position when he left both in terms of the squad he left and league position.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not having a dig at the lad, he looked our most lively player in the opening half an hour along with Tomlin, but at this level you need someone who can put away the chances he fluffed.

I've said all season that we haven't got a forward who is really good enough for the top end of the Championship and tonight it showed. Mitrovic wouldn't have wasted them. Nor Bobby Reid I suspect.

Fulham were always going to dominate possession. The fact we made it easy for them to do so is another thing. Goals change games. Last night Swansea had Ayew, even with a missed penalty.

Glatzel wouldn't get into the starting line-up of any of our playoff rivals. Neither would Ward or, heaven forbid, Paterson.
    I said similar in the match thread re RG
    We just had to score first. He isn't a fox in the box type striker and I thought he should have done a lot better for the one cleared off the line.
    The commentary were bigging up the defending but RG got bullied too easily IMO.

He also had a chance on the break, after the 2 guilt edge chances, where he chose to shoot when Tomlin was centre goal unmarked. Obviously trying to put right the earlier misses.

He was our best option for Harris tonight but I tend to agree, not in the class of those of our rivals.

Not good enough though right? I'm interested to see if he could make it in League 1 or even 2. His failure to impose his physicality makes me wonder if he could make an impact anywhere in the Football League.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Not good enough though right? I'm interested to see if he could make it in League 1 or even 2. His failure to impose his physicality makes me wonder if he could make an impact anywhere in the Football League.
    Probably not good enough. He doesn't hide although his deficiencies are clear.

He'll get an hat trick on Thursday.
    ⚽⚽⚽⚽🎩🎩😎😇🤣📱📱

I'd have rather gone down and the club owners took a look at the way we are set up as a football club from top to bottom, rather than Warnocks promotion.
    careful what you wish for there!

think we all need to take stock, and realise this has ended up a decent season. Tonight was a shit result, but we're still in the tie I think.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    he should have thown his body at that ball, 100% commitment

i hate to say it but patto would have got that rebound just by slinging his body at the keeper
    He wouldn't have been stood there.

His positioning is all wrong for a striker.

Our fans really do love pain. What a bizarre thing to say.

Getting rid of people like Bellamy at youth level? I think we need to build from youth and it’s a shame we lost him whatever people opinions on him, he was committed and passionate.