+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Glatzel - if only

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Glatzel - if only

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Don’t be silly, of course he did. Before he took over we were in danger of leaving the league in the wrong direction. Against all odds he took us up ( and automatic promotion, not via the play offs) and was within a few points of keeping us up in the Premier league. The squad he left behind got us into the play offs again this season. How is that leaving us in a worse position than the 16th place ( or whatever it was) when he took over.

I’m as disappointed as anyone this evening but it’s nonsense to blame Warnock
    Weren't we almost 16th when he left? 15th I think.

Warnock can't take the credit for this current squad making the play offs surely?

Not having a go but in black and white he left us positionally one place above where we were when he took over as manager of this club.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

Warnock can't take the credit for this current squad making the play offs surely?

Not having a go but in black and white he left us positionally one place above where we were when he took over as manager of this club.
    Warnock did a good job for 2.5 years and then undid most of it during his last 6 months in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

And spent a shitload on duds. I suppose it's the club management that i should be blaming for a lack of philosophy and direction, not Warnock for his refusal to develop players and introduce an ethos. The bloke is a danger to football.