+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fox in the Box....

Fox in the Box....

Taken my time to write this.....absolutely gutted by the second half performance last night....no energy....no creativity...nothing. Have to accept that the second leg will be a formality. I just hope that Swansea don't go up.

WOL constantly go on about our wingers 'terrifying' defences.....I don't see that at all. Hoilett scores the occasional great goal but does little else. NML....similar..a few bursts of speed and he does have a great shot....but all too infrequently.

Who came out with ANY credit last night? I would say Ralls and Bacuna. Even Smithies maybe should have been positioned more centrally for the winning free kick. Vaulks should have started instead of Pack.....that should have been a no brainer.....he at least has the energy and drive. Morrison was pretty static....although I would question the awarding of the free kick....Morrison simply stood his ground...he did not move into the player.

Which leaves the forwards. I thought Glatzel did pretty well actually. shave been made that he should have used his body to charge the goal line chance over the line...but these days.....and hey I remember Peter Donnelly bundling (I think it was Banks) into the back of the net...and it was given....

As has been mentioned ...we need a 'fox in the box'. It was a mistake to let Rhys Healey go. He always acquitted himself well when he had the opportunity and 11 goals in 19 appearances for MK Dons supports that, even though a level below. I remember when he joined and the then Wrexham Manager was waxing lyrical over him. He just needs the opportunity.

Having said all that....it is perhaps way too soon to even think of getting to the premier league....where I am sure we WOULD go straight back down with a record low number of points.

I will still watch the second leg...but realistically we are NOT going to be the first Championship side to overturn a 2-0 deficit from the first leg....

Re: Fox in the Box....

that's Swansea up then

Re: Fox in the Box....

If Rhys Healey is the answer then we are asking the wrong questions

Hoilett is our best winger for me but Christie seems to have his number can't beat him for pace strength or skill.

NML is OK but that's about it.

I get what you mean about wingers their reputation seems better than their recent performances.

I thought Ralls was poor yesterday and whilst a capable midfielder at this level certainly doesn't stand out