+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our playoff home form - it makes pretty grim reading.

Our playoff home form - it makes pretty grim reading.

7 playoff ties at home. Won 1, lost 6. Scored 3, conceded 13.

Where does that stand? Firstly, I thought I'd find out if losing 4 home playoff games on the trot was a record. It is. I didn't have to do much research to find this out. No other side in playoff history has lost more than 3 games at home in total. We've lost 6.

Our home win percentage is the second lowest of any side who have played 5 or more playoff games. Huddersfield have played 9 playoff games without a win, but they've at least drawn 6.

No side has failed to score at home as often as us.

Only one side has conceded more at home than us.

Pretty shit, ain't it?

To rub salt into the wound, Swansea have won 6 and drawn 1 at home in their 7 playoff games....

Re: Our playoff home form - it makes pretty grim reading.

We'll stick 6 past them at Craven Cottage, it'll be fine

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We'll stick 6 past them at Craven Cottage, it'll be fine
    Can I borrow your crack pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Where does that stand? Firstly, I thought I'd find out if losing 4 home playoff games on the trot was a record. It is. I didn't have to do much research to find this out. No other side in playoff history has lost more than 3 games at home in total. We've lost 6.

Our home win percentage is the second lowest of any side who have played 5 or more playoff games. Huddersfield have played 9 playoff games without a win, but they've at least drawn 6.

Pretty shit, ain't it?

To rub salt into the wound, Swansea have won 6 and drawn 1 at home in their 7 playoff games....

I'd heard that the players read the message boards. They must have been on here all this last week.... Eric FFS!!

Seriously, we wonder why there is a feeling of "if it is going to happen at all, it is going to happen to us".
    The stats don't lie

Well I was planning on giving it to the Fulham side to ensure the 6-0 triumph, so you'll have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Well I was planning on giving it to the Fulham side to ensure the 6-0 triumph, so you'll have to wait

Pretty shit, ain't it?

Crikey, I didn’t realise it was that bad! We get pretty used to disappointment eh!

You seem to be begging for drugs on a couple of different threads tonight Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    You seem to be begging for drugs on a couple of different threads tonight Eric
    I presume you understand sarcasm

I presume you understand sarcasm
    Oh absolutely...

Pretty shit, ain't it?

Crikey....no wonder we all get so excited by the playoffs.....quite a few I know save themselves the pain and just lump on Fulham to win last night. Small mercies and all that. We just ain’t a playoff team, or a PL club.

Pretty shit, ain't it?

Thanks for that... I was thinking last night that we must be the worst and we might not even have won a game at home in the play-offs, but I’m guessing we did the year we got up into the Championship?

Conversely I suspect our away record is one of the better ones??

Pretty shit, ain't it?

What a depressing read.

Pretty shit, ain't it?

Time to scrap the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Conversely I suspect our away record is one of the better ones??
    In terms of win percentage, we're joint 30th of 101 sides to have competed in the playoffs. We're ranked 28th for goals scored, 33 sides have conceded more than us, but then we've competed in more playoffs than most other teams, only 10 clubs have more playoff experience.

Only 7 sides have kept more clean sheets than us on the road (half of our away games), though we've also failed to score in half of our away sides.

It's a better than average record, particularly defensively. A great record? It's certainly not the opposite of our home form!!