+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harris - A Poundland Neil Warnock

Re: Harris - A Poundland Neil Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Fantastic job, no right to be in the Playoffs?

Harris inherited a large squad with many players who’d just played in the Premier league, and almost stayed up. We were one of the bookies favourites for promotion.

Every time we were on SKY, they’d mention we had arguably the strongest subs bench in the division. Last night circa £20 million, sat on it.

A fantastic job is what Cooper has done at Swansea, and Rowatt at Millwall, with little to no resources. Not what Harris has done with an expensive, big squad.

Harris isn’t a good manager, and for a club with supposed premier league ambitions, he’s not the maanger who’ll every take a team up.

Everything about him last night was a loser, compared to Parker.

The way he dressed, the way he conducts himself in interviews, his lack of tactical tactical acumen.

Last night we were at home to a side who struggled to get a point at Wigan last week, and we made them look like Brazil. They were even without their best player, and we had just 22% possession second half, against an average side.

Losing I can handle. But the gutless, insipid performance with no heart or fight, I can’t.

Millwall couldn’t wait to get shot if him, and transformed their fortunes when he left.

I have no doubt, Warnock would have got us in the Playoffs.
    Even worse. 1/10. Poor effort.

Moan

Keep quiet when team is winning

Moan

Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I was one who was completely underwhelmed by Neil Harris' appointment and I still think the board has shown no ambition whatsoever. However, Harris has done a great job as far as I'm concerned with one hand tied behind his back.

Let's face it, apart from Tomlin, this squad is comprised of over valued journeymen and Fulham are way beyond us in terms of quality. Harris has done wonders to have even got us to the playoffs while slowly trying to improve a mediocre squad.

I definitely wouldn't have wanted Pulis here but I must admit I would have loved to have seen Jocanovic appointed but the board were always unlikely to have gone down that route because they knew he would have insisted on major funding for a complete overhaul. So in my opinion it's fair to criticize our dreadful board but Harris deserves a lot of credit.
    3 years of Warnock ball on the back of 2 seasons of Russell Slade I think the apointment of Pulis would have pushed most people over the edge. Done nothing of note for years, he finds himself out of the game for a reason.

Bluebird23 - A Poundland TOBW

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Is there bollocks.
    The first two paragraphs are spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Fantastic job, no right to be in the Playoffs?

Harris inherited a large squad with many players who’d just played in the Premier league, and almost stayed up. We were one of the bookies favourites for promotion.

Every time we were on SKY, they’d mention we had arguably the strongest subs bench in the division. Last night circa £20 million, sat on it.

A fantastic job is what Cooper has done at Swansea, and Rowatt at Millwall, with little to no resources. Not what Harris has done with an expensive, big squad.

Harris isn’t a good manager, and for a club with supposed premier league ambitions, he’s not the maanger who’ll every take a team up.

Everything about him last night was a loser, compared to Parker.

The way he dressed, the way he conducts himself in interviews, his lack of tactical tactical acumen.

Last night we were at home to a side who struggled to get a point at Wigan last week, and we made them look like Brazil. They were even without their best player, and we had just 22% possession second half, against an average side.

Losing I can handle. But the gutless, insipid performance with no heart or fight, I can’t.

Millwall couldn’t wait to get shot if him, and transformed their fortunes when he left.

I have no doubt, Warnock would have got us in the Playoffs.
    Swansea no resources?. Ayew is on more money than our 3 highest earners combinex in all probability.

Bluebird123 = A poundland Roathie

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bluebird123 = A poundland Roathie
    That is being disrespectful to Poundland!

He makes that DML s posts seem reasonable and well thought out.

Wait till he sees the op.

Someone was bored at work last night.

Yes we had a bad second half yesterday and I would have liked a different starting 11 with the workrate of Bacuna and Vaulks in central midfield but we've improved loads under Harris and he deserves more time to change things.

Fulham was always going to be a difficult task if we didn't get the first goal. As the Sky stats showed if they score first they rarely drop points but if they concede first they struggle. Hopefully we can score first on Thursday.

Rowett's track record hasn't been to clever as of late either,just ask a Derby fan.He will probably repair his reputation at Millwall and move on at his earliest opportunity as he strikes me as a bit mercenary.I believe Harris had Millwall punching above their weight for a while before he left and is still held in high regard at that club.Neil Warnock was backed by this club from the day he entered it and it was his decision to leave the club and was not pushed so how you can say he would have got us promoted is beyond me.What I will say about Harris is like Malky and Warnock before him he will have a window to put right what he thinks will need doing but will find himself friendless if we don't get promoted automatically next season.Getting promoted by playing attractive football is something neither of his predecessors have managed so his job looks the biggest yet.

The OP has posted what I think is a classic knee jerk reaction which is why I tend not to post immediately after a defeat,however,this has been a decent thread to read with some excellent points made so I thank him for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    He makes that DML s posts seem reasonable and well thought out.

Wait till he sees the op.
    Honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they were the same person. Getting hysterical from polar opposite viewpoints.

Ouch!

I’m all for banter, but that’s below the belt! 😉

A Poundland TOBW would still be a decent poster. I was thinking more a Poundland Wales-Bales.

Bluebird23 is entitled to their opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree with it.

Harris deserves a lot of praise for the success he's had. Fulham is a bad matchup for us. We've had really good performances against teams with a frailty at the back, but I thought Fulham defended exceptionally well.