+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harris - A Poundland Neil Warnock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Harris - A Poundland Neil Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    But there is a fair bit of truth in what he says......
    Is there? I'd agree with his comments about Pack but the rest is horseshit, as normal from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Is there? I'd agree with his comments about Pack but the rest is horseshit, as normal from him.
    I think that there is. Quite a bit.

I think that there is. Quite a bit.
    Harris got us into the playoffs, Rowett didn't.

Cooper has had a pre season, Harris didn't.

Harris has finished above Steve Cooper's side, which is full of loanees. They've got in because Brewster is amazing, and there is no way he'd come to a football team that plays the same way we do. If the Jacks don't go up, they've got a complete rebuild next season. I'd be amazed if they kept Ayew and Brewster.

We can't just start playing tiki take and be competitive, we've spent the last 3 seasons lumping it. Our fans boo when we pass it round the back as well. We aren't ever going to be that side.

It's absolute tripe that's been written on the back of a defeat because he's spent the last 4 months sulking because Harris has done a bloody good job with a pretty average hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Harris has finished above Steve Cooper's side, which is full of loanees. They've got in because Brewster is amazing, and there is no way he'd come to a football team that plays the same way we do.

We can't just start playing tiki take and be competitive, we've spent the last 3 seasons lumping it. Our fans boo when we pass it round the back as well. We aren't ever going to be that side.

It's absolute tripe that's been written on the back of a defeat because he's spent the last 4 months sulking because Harris has done a bloody good job with a pretty average hand.
    Well said.

Harris has finished above Steve Cooper's side, which is full of loanees. They've got in because Brewster is amazing, and there is no way he'd come to a football team that plays the same way we do. If the Jacks don't go up, they've got a complete rebuild next season. I'd be amazed if they kept Ayew and Brewster.

Not to mention a quite incredible implosion from Forest

The parts in bold are rather telling - does that mean that we are always and forever going to be a team that plays dreadful football and can therefore never attract any decent players? I’d have LOVED Brewster to come here and feel almost embarrassed that he wouldn’t because of the way we play! Now that IS depressing as clearly that style of football is the future (see every other team in the play offs, Man City, Liverpool etc etc)

The parts in bold are rather telling - does that mean that we are always and forever going to be a team that plays dreadful football and can therefore never attract any decent players? I’d have LOVED Brewster to come here and feel almost embarrassed that he wouldn’t because of the way we play! Now that IS depressing as clearly that style of football is the future (see every other team in the play offs, Man City, Liverpool etc etc)
    Have you seen the stuff Rowett's sides play? We are getting better at football but we can't just say to the team, right from tomorrow it's little triangles, pass and move and patterns of play. That stuff takes absolutely ages. It took Guardiola a season with world class players at Man City.

Cooper had a decent reputation for working with young players, and attracted some quality loan signings.

If City had appointed any of the decent available candidates like Hughes, Pulis, Hughton, Jokanovic, they’d have attracted decent players based on what they’ve achieved, and players believing in them.

Harris won’t attract anyone decent, look at his January loan signings. Our better players will leave, to be replaced with journeyman, whereby we become a team competing in the bottom third of the division.

Millwall couldn’t wait to get shot of him, the supporters hated the football. Granted they had a rubbish squad, with arguably only two really decent players. But Rowatt transformed them, with good coaching.

Harris was a cheap option, and the club will go backwards under him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Cooper had a decent reputation for working with young players, and attracted some quality loan signings.

If City had appointed any of the decent available candidates like Hughes, Pulis, Hughton, Jokanovic, they’d have attracted decent players based on what they’ve achieved, and players believing in them.

Harris won’t attract anyone decent, look at his January loan signings. Our better players will leave, to be replaced with journeyman, whereby we become a team competing in the bottom third of the division.

Millwall couldn’t wait to get shot of him, the supporters hated the football. Granted they had a rubbish squad, with arguably only two really decent players. But Rowatt transformed them, with good coaching.

You're taking the piss right? Pulis, Hughes and Hughton attracting players with their fantastic styles of play?

Also, if Rowett transformed Millwall by taking them from 18th to 8th then surely Harris has also transformed us by taking us from 14th to 5th?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

You're taking the piss right? Pulis, Hughes and Hughton attracting players with their fantastic styles of play?

Also, if Rowett transformed Millwall by taking them from 18th to 8th then surely Harris has also transformed us by taking us from 14th to 5th?
    I know it’s hard for you to grasp, but Harris inherited a squad with £20 million of players on the bench tonight. I doubt the whole Millwall team is worth that.

So yes, Rowatt did a far superior job.

Hughes and Pulis

Mate, you've over trolled there.

Hughes and Pulis

Mate, you've over trolled there.
    The OP is a very poor effort, so transparent, then hes massively overcooked it by throwing Pulis in there.

We've already gone forward with him. From 14th place to 5th. And the quality of football has improved.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    And the quality of football has improved.
    Did you watch tonight’s game?

We didn’t have a shot on target for the 44 minutes, after they scored their first goal.

As for our football, or rather lack of, it was beyond dire.

But even worse, gutless, and devoid of any passion or fight.

We meekly laid down and rolled over, at home.

Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm not sure that starting Pack actually was a negative decision. He's in the team to sit in front of our centre-backs so the rest of our midfield and our full-backs can push higher up the pitch when we have the ball. I doubt that he would have played if Harris knew that we were going to have less than 40% possession.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'm not sure that starting Pack actually was a negative decision. He's in the team to sit in front of our centre-backs so the rest of our midfield and our full-backs can push higher up the pitch when we have the ball. I doubt that he would have played if Harris knew that we were going to have less than 40% possession.
    I agree. I would have started with Pack. According to whoscored, he was better than Ralls. Didn't seem like that from watching the game, but he won more tackles and had a better passing accuracy. Ralls was dispossessed twice