+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harris - A Poundland Neil Warnock

Harris - A Poundland Neil Warnock

Absolute dross, no passion or desire whatsoever, it was embarrassing.

First 20 minutes apart, this was like a training game for Fulham who hardly had to get out of first gear, and deserved the win.

This was a Fulham side that struggled to get a point at Wigan last week, and were without the divisions top scorer.

How can we play such an important game at home, and after going one down, not even force the opposition keeper to make a save in the next 44 minutes? As soon as Fulham scored, their heads went down, there was no passion, fight or desire to make a game of it.

I don’t rate Harris at all, and I can’t understand some supporters or the media’s, love in with him.

I can’t respect a manager who described Ralls as a ‘Superstar’, and Glatzel ‘one of the best finishers I’ve ever worked with.’

Harris is no miracle worker, as he and some of the media try to paint him. Regardless of a couple of poor signings by Warnock, this was a squad easily good enough to make the Playoffs, in a poor quality division. Just look at our bench tonight, around £20 million of players, most of who would get in to other Championship starting sides.

If you want to see managers who’ve genuinely done fantastic jobs on limited resources in the Championship, look at Cooper at Swansea, and Rowatt at Millwall. Both have been exceptional.

Rowatt took a dire Millwall team that Harris left in a relegation fight, and transformed them to Playoff contenders, up to the last week.

Cooper saw Swansea sell their better players like McBurnie and James, a whole stack of injuries, but still took them in to the Playoffs. He had to stick a couple of young players on the bench, last night.

In the window Cooper added decent loan players who made an impact, in Gallagher and Brewster. Harris added err, Smith and Sanderson.

The local media rarely ask a challenging question. But I wish one of them has the balls to ask Harris why he picked such a negative side, and started Pack?

The improved form post break was based on Pack being dropped, and Vaulks replacing him. Since then Vaulks has been one of our better players, offering far more energy and attacking contribution around the pitch.

Pack is slow, one paced and offers nothing. He was playing deeper at times tonight, than Morrison.

He let Onomah walk around him for the opening goal, and offered nothing all game. Even worse, as terrible as he was, Harris left him on to play the whole game!

Personally, I’d like to never to see Glatzel and Pack, in a City shirt again.

A half decent centre forward would have had one, or even two goals in the first half.

Time and time again, we’ve seen that Glatzel isn’t physically strong enough at this level, and isn’t a decent finisher. We will never get our money back on him, when he leaves.

Throw in Harris’s cringeable Landaan barrow boy interviews and some of the crap he comes out with, and he makes me want to give my season ticket a miss next season.

One man to blame for that shite tonite, Neil Harris.

Re: Harris - A Poundland Neil Warnock

You've been silent on here for 4 and a half months, having visited only briefly to have a pop at Harris.

Now you turn up again.

Do yourself a favour and piss off before you are made to look as stupid as you are again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You've been silent on here for 4 and a half months, having visited only briefly to have a pop at Harris.

Now you turn up again.

Do yourself a favour and piss off before you are made to look as stupid as you are again.
    But there is a fair bit of truth in what he says......

Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Is there bollocks.

Is there? I'd agree with his comments about Pack but the rest is horseshit, as normal from him.

Is there? I'd agree with his comments about Pack but the rest is horseshit, as normal from him.
    I think that there is. Quite a bit.

I think that there is. Quite a bit.
    Harris got us into the playoffs, Rowett didn't.

Cooper has had a pre season, Harris didn't.

Harris has finished above Steve Cooper's side, which is full of loanees. They've got in because Brewster is amazing, and there is no way he'd come to a football team that plays the same way we do. If the Jacks don't go up, they've got a complete rebuild next season. I'd be amazed if they kept Ayew and Brewster.

We can't just start playing tiki take and be competitive, we've spent the last 3 seasons lumping it. Our fans boo when we pass it round the back as well. We aren't ever going to be that side.

It's absolute tripe that's been written on the back of a defeat because he's spent the last 4 months sulking because Harris has done a bloody good job with a pretty average hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Harris has finished above Steve Cooper's side, which is full of loanees. They've got in because Brewster is amazing, and there is no way he'd come to a football team that plays the same way we do.

We can't just start playing tiki take and be competitive, we've spent the last 3 seasons lumping it. Our fans boo when we pass it round the back as well. We aren't ever going to be that side.

It's absolute tripe that's been written on the back of a defeat because he's spent the last 4 months sulking because Harris has done a bloody good job with a pretty average hand.
    Well said.

I'm not sure that starting Pack actually was a negative decision. He's in the team to sit in front of our centre-backs so the rest of our midfield and our full-backs can push higher up the pitch when we have the ball. I doubt that he would have played if Harris knew that we were going to have less than 40% possession.

Beaten by a better team. How can you blame the manager for that? You're right about the players though.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I'm not sure that starting Pack actually was a negative decision. He's in the team to sit in front of our centre-backs so the rest of our midfield and our full-backs can push higher up the pitch when we have the ball. I doubt that he would have played if Harris knew that we were going to have less than 40% possession.
    I agree. I would have started with Pack. According to whoscored, he was better than Ralls. Didn't seem like that from watching the game, but he won more tackles and had a better passing accuracy. Ralls was dispossessed twice

Harris has finished above Steve Cooper's side, which is full of loanees. They've got in because Brewster is amazing, and there is no way he'd come to a football team that plays the same way we do. If the Jacks don't go up, they've got a complete rebuild next season. I'd be amazed if they kept Ayew and Brewster.

Not to mention a quite incredible implosion from Forest

Now you turn up again.

But before you go have you got any E's..?

The parts in bold are rather telling - does that mean that we are always and forever going to be a team that plays dreadful football and can therefore never attract any decent players? I’d have LOVED Brewster to come here and feel almost embarrassed that he wouldn’t because of the way we play! Now that IS depressing as clearly that style of football is the future (see every other team in the play offs, Man City, Liverpool etc etc)

Now you turn up again.

Eric the Half Wit, a Poundland Statto!

The parts in bold are rather telling - does that mean that we are always and forever going to be a team that plays dreadful football and can therefore never attract any decent players? I’d have LOVED Brewster to come here and feel almost embarrassed that he wouldn’t because of the way we play! Now that IS depressing as clearly that style of football is the future (see every other team in the play offs, Man City, Liverpool etc etc)
    Have you seen the stuff Rowett's sides play? We are getting better at football but we can't just say to the team, right from tomorrow it's little triangles, pass and move and patterns of play. That stuff takes absolutely ages. It took Guardiola a season with world class players at Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Eric the Half Wit, a Poundland Statto!
    Not the first time you've used that reply either. Shame you're so predictably boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    He's Ebeneezer Goode.

Embarrassing

And I’m not talking about Neil Harris

Cooper had a decent reputation for working with young players, and attracted some quality loan signings.

If City had appointed any of the decent available candidates like Hughes, Pulis, Hughton, Jokanovic, they’d have attracted decent players based on what they’ve achieved, and players believing in them.

Harris won’t attract anyone decent, look at his January loan signings. Our better players will leave, to be replaced with journeyman, whereby we become a team competing in the bottom third of the division.

Millwall couldn’t wait to get shot of him, the supporters hated the football. Granted they had a rubbish squad, with arguably only two really decent players. But Rowatt transformed them, with good coaching.

Harris was a cheap option, and the club will go backwards under him.

In the words of Oz from auf weidersein pet..

Ah Bollocks man!

Cooper had a decent reputation for working with young players, and attracted some quality loan signings.

If City had appointed any of the decent available candidates like Hughes, Pulis, Hughton, Jokanovic, they’d have attracted decent players based on what they’ve achieved, and players believing in them.

Harris won’t attract anyone decent, look at his January loan signings. Our better players will leave, to be replaced with journeyman, whereby we become a team competing in the bottom third of the division.

Millwall couldn’t wait to get shot of him, the supporters hated the football. Granted they had a rubbish squad, with arguably only two really decent players. But Rowatt transformed them, with good coaching.

You're taking the piss right? Pulis, Hughes and Hughton attracting players with their fantastic styles of play?

Also, if Rowett transformed Millwall by taking them from 18th to 8th then surely Harris has also transformed us by taking us from 14th to 5th?

Hughes and Pulis

Mate, you've over trolled there.

Harris was an underwhelming appointment . I didn’t expect him to get us a top 5 finish. He did though, and deserves some credit for doing so. Begrudging him a certain amount of praise is just a bit mean imo.

I don’t think he’ll get is any closer next season but I underestimated his a ability this season , so who knows.

I don’t think this squad is as good as you make it out either.